VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

We all form views on players. There's an enormous difference between that and pouring scorn on players.

And the fact that you don't like being called out for your relentless ridicule of a premiership player at the GFC is on you.
You need a dictionary. Obvious you've never learned the meaning of the word ridicule.

Cambridge: words or actions to make someone or something seem foolish or stupid.

To laugh at someone in an unkind way.

Synonyms: deride, mock.

Making assessments on a players ability and performances or lack thereof is none of those things.

Correction: I don't like that a few want to pass their own judgements on player A,B,C at this club but can't handle that I've done so on someone they clearly view differently.

You need a dictionary. Obvious you've never learned the meaning of the word ridicule.

Cambridge: words or actions to make someone or something seem foolish or stupid.

Making assessments on a players ability and performances or lack thereof is none of those things.

Correction: I don't like that a few want to pass their own judgements on player A,B,C at this club but can't handle that I've done so on someone they clearly view differently.
Too more for you.
Snide derision.

Both on display here.

If you've used Piffle or Pish means you've been going for while.

Move on Chris.

GO Catters

Not really. Guys like josh kennedy and priddis made it work as they were A grade clearance players with huge tanks that could go all day. You can be as slow as stevens is IF you can do that.
Priddis would not survive in todays footy.

Kennedy was a lot faster than Stevens is.

Stevens needs to work exclusively with a sprint coach over summer. It is his only chance to make it

I want the kids playing to have a better side around them.

Hardie makes the side better

GO CAtters
I want him to stay here as well. But if we're shit next year so be it.

I actually think we Probably will be. Won't have Bews, Parfitt or Stanley. Nor will it have Neale or Conway.

Ruck, FF, inside mid and small defender and years of AFL experience lost will make a difference

I actually think we Probably will be. Won't have Bews, Parfitt or Stanley. Nor will it have Neale or Conway.

Ruck, FF, inside mid and small defender and years of AFL experience lost will make a difference
Hardie would be cheap to keep on AFL list - the rest I get. Bews might go again too if offered a 1 yr as depth.
Id even keep Parf for the same reasons.
Stanley is kaput - you are correct there.

GO Catters

Hardie would be cheap to keep on AFL list - the rest I get. Bews might go again too if offered a 1 yr as depth.

GO Catters
Can't agree on Jed. 18 rounds in and we've barely looked like playing him.

If he's yesterday's man in 2024 and we're unlikely to lose any defenders from the senior team then keeping him next year only inhibits our chance of finding another Humphries or dare I say it Bews late gem in the draft. If he doesn't find another AFL list and wants to continue as a VFL listed player ala Troy Selwood or James Byrne then that's a different story.

Depends on what quality of ex afl players we can recruit to the vfl list next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GO Catters

Afl senior list spots need turnover.

But if they are happy to stay on the vfl list only then no issues.

Clohesy has been going at about 24 touches and 1 goal per game for the last 11 weeks.

He has his quota up at 3/4 time today.

Very consistent player at this level now.

Hopefully next year he can naturally lift to 28 touches and 1.5 goals per game... because that would be too good to ignore.
I would be happy to drop Clark, start Henry on the wing and send super Ted to the sub bench

I would be happy to drop Clark, start Henry on the wing and send super Ted to the sub bench
I think we're Bruhn > Clark away from having our best 23 sorted for finals.

Not a knock on Jhye either. Love him, but he's the obvious out there.

No need to f**k with it anymore IMO outside of management.

Ted, George, & COS will get their shot as regulars next year.

Agreed the only changes we should be making bar a form slump between now and finals is Bruhn in Clark out.

The only other thing to worry about besides ruck is how to fit all the forwards in.

I actually really liked the work of Furphy today i hope he can continue on an upward trajectory

Anyone else think he could be a good backup ruck, FWD/ruck in time?
Was thinking I would rather him on CatB than trading in a Plodder, has a high ceiling and could surprise next year or two. Good age, nice kick, and probably happy to keep working on his craft with the hope of a senior game.

I would want to make sure that scaphoid is completely fine before Bruhn comes back in. We have a few weeks and we need to see more Ted

You don't actually need a dictionary to understand this. It really is this simple.

You don't rate Parfitt. So just say that. It actually is that easy.

But you instead elect to bang on and on about how poor you think he is, call him puerile names like 'crab', and express delight when he isn't playing seniors.

It's unusual, unnecessary, and unkind. And absolutely untrue, given he's played more AFL/VFL games than over 80% of the entire player cohort in the game's history.

On that basis, the most questionable judgement of his ability must undoubtedly be yours.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back