VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

You started this a very long time ago, actually.
Is there a player on the list currently or previously listed in the 16 years you've been here that you've not formed an opinion on or passed comment on? Are they all perfectly aligned with the majority view on that player?

I have a view on nearly every player on our list. That some can't handle what I think about the skillset of one player is not my issue, it's yours. I don't rate him. You do, I don't go at you for that view.

I said nothing on him today up to your drive by. I was enjoying watching our reserves play, and make mistakes. Warts and all. Passing comment on what was occurring in play, I should have been left in peace but wasn't. That's on you.

I know he just kicked a nice goal, but I don’t think Stevens is gonna make it.

Way too slow
Wish we could see player weights as I thought the same watching him make a chase in the first half. Maybe could benefit from losing some muscle mass and trimming down.

It's okay not being a fast mid, but you can't be slow either.

Clohesy has been going at about 24 touches and 1 goal per game for the last 11 weeks.

He has his quota up at 3/4 time today.

Very consistent player at this level now.

Hopefully next year he can naturally lift to 28 touches and 1.5 goals per game... because that would be too good to ignore.
Would love to see him get a chance at AFL this year but as we draw closer to finals it makes it harder to get him in especially as we are hitting decent from and it would be hard to drop anyone for him.

From this effort Stanley can stay in the 2s and retire at years end

He is probably going to play afl next week (because we will need to put sdk back against darcy and juh etc unless we put jeka in the 1s) stanley but he isnt making our finals side on this form. Against kids in the ruck but not dominating.

In the pace department yes.

GHS was a smarter/cleaner player, Stevens has more power.

But they both have the same fatal flaw.

Stevens is a much better clearance player than ghs was. He can make it if he improves his tank.

Wish we could see player weights as I thought the same watching him make a chase in the first half. Maybe could benefit from losing some muscle mass and trimming down.

It's okay not being a fast mid, but you can't be slow either.
There was a play late in the third qtr where he was chasing a loose ball and Bews went past him like he was standing still.

He may have been fatigued at the time, but in isolation it was alarming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great team goal

Hardie made that happen

CLoshesy owes him a beer

GO Catters

In the pace department yes.

GHS was a smarter/cleaner player, Stevens has more power.

But they both have the same fatal flaw.
not everyone needs to Rohan fast.

Give him a few more years

GO Catters

Our VFL side is gonna suck next year without Hardie getting his weekly 35 and 2 goals

GO Catters

Our VFL side is gonna suck next year without Hardie getting his weekly 35 and 2 goals

GO Catters
So be it.
It's done its job this year. Fostered Humphries and Mannagh through.

By round 1 next year there'll be someone whose preseason will have Scott trying to slot them in. Will it be Knevitt or Ted or CoS etc.

Is there a player on the list currently or previously listed in the 16 years you've been here that you've not formed an opinion on or passed comment on? Are they all perfectly aligned with the majority view on that player?

I have a view on nearly every player on our list. That some can't handle what I think about the skillset of one player is not my issue, it's yours. I don't rate him. You do, I don't go at you for that view.

I said nothing on him today up to your drive by. I was enjoying watching our reserves play, and make mistakes. Warts and all. Passing comment on what was occurring in play, I should have been left in peace but wasn't. That's on you.
We all form views on players. There's an enormous difference between that and pouring scorn on players.

And the fact that you don't like being called out for your relentless ridicule of a premiership player at the GFC is on you.

So be it.
It's done its job this year. Fostered Humphries and Mannagh through.

By round 1 next year there'll be someone whose preseason will have Scott trying to slot them in. Will it be Knevitt or Ted or CoS etc.
I want the kids playing to have a better side around them.

Hardie makes the side better

GO CAtters

He will be massively exposed for speed. It doesn’t make how big your tank is if you run the 100 in 14.5 seconds you are done.

Not really. Guys like josh kennedy and priddis made it work as they were A grade clearance players with huge tanks that could go all day. You can be as slow as stevens is IF you can do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back