Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m glad I emotionally checked out after the Elimination Final in 2017. But it was fun to get somewhat excited about this years finals, so not surprised and upset by the result at all.

However on paper that Geelong list is their weakest in years almost a VFL side and absolutely killed us. Credit to their club Chris Scott. Whereas we have all this talent in the world but continuously fail in finals. Such a shit culture and more importantly terrible coach.

Enough is enough. It should never have gotten so far to this point. What a waste of years investing in Ken Hinkley. The old board members, CEO and president all need to step down as well for their role in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what makes it harder is everyday people around you continually being members and happy clappers, why do they have to be drones? if they cancelled their memberships 5 years ago we'd be under a completely different regime already

Thank goodness Brisbane played their home Preliminary Final in Melbourne in 2004 because if they had played it at the Gabba (which is where it definitely should've been played), this club would have won absolutely nothing. Everyone at Brisbane says that decision cost them the Premiership that year and I certainly agree with them. This club is nothing but a bunch of pathetic chokers and nothing is ever going to change. I'm sick of it and Crows fans are absolutely loving it right now which makes it even worse.
Honestly this is the softest excuse of all the soft excuses for not winning the premiership in modern history. We were just better than Brisbane in 2004. We finished above them and we pumped them on grand final day.

If you're going to go down this path then you can say if we didn't have poor umpiring in 2014 or 2020 then we'd have 3 flags, or if Collingwood didn't get so many home games in the 2003 season and weren't better rested then we would have 4. Losers always have an excuse. Winners win. Our 2004 team were winners, coached by a winner.

The number of 30-65yo women on social media who are utterly determined to absolve Ken of all blame and responsibility for last night’s recidivist clusterf#%k really brings the, “you don’t know him like I do! he promises me he’ll change!”, energy.

Does Cassisi still stand with Ken.

I believe he and Carr were best mates during their playing days

Cassisi started to finally wake up after the Showdown loss earlier this year. Has been quite critical and asking pertinent questions of and to Ken in footy committee meetings, specifically about setup structures and how they would adapt in the latter half of the season.

Ken actually struggled to answer some of these outside of saying that (paraphrasing) "things will look different."

The number of 30-65yo women on social media who are utterly determined to absolve Ken of all blame and responsibility for last night’s recidivist clusterf#%k really brings the, “you don’t know him like I do! he promises me he’ll change!”, energy.
I'm trying so hard not to be sexist bout it, but this is absolutely true!

In my RL interactions as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cassisi started to finally wake up after the Showdown loss earlier this year. Has been quite critical and asking pertinent questions of and to Ken in footy committee meetings, specifically about setup structures and how they would adapt in the latter half of the season.

Ken actually struggled to answer some of these outside of saying that (paraphrasing) "things will look different."

Chewey, when I was finally starting believing you, you post this. Mate, I can’t go THAT far. Sorry…

😉

Last edited:
Might have already been mentioned, did we have another movie theme for the finals series this year? Oppenheimer worked so well last year, I thought we might go again.
Last night's theme was the Spanish Armada, but kern forgot to mention his Figurehead ( ty PowerLil :) ) was on one of the first ships sunk and has been lying on the bottom of the English channel for more than 400 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back