Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the main points made by David Koch:

- we've had bad luck, it was dark in the changerooms after the Prelim with all the players we didn’t have playing;

- it was an enormous effort to make finals, but we need a bit of luck;

- we’re younger than the baby Hawks, we have so much potential and we have so much to build on;

- Ken and team can hold their heads up high, we just need to take next step, we play consistent finals;

- comment by the hosts about the mood surrounding Hinkley, with hardcore fans putting up stickers but there's a rethinking of relationship between fans and Ken, where fans are begrudgingly showing respect for Ken for keeping on turning up;

- his performance is an incredibly successfully coach, hasn’t made a Grand Final, he deserves it, we deserve it;

- last year Koch got hammered at AGM by core fans, but next day it was family day, and was approached by 600 people to thank him for what a great job he’s doing at the club;

- we’re a good club, but not a great club, we have consistency, we just need to take the next step;

- we’ve got to be competitive, we play finals consistently and if luck goes our way we will get the ultimate prize;

- "Has Ken told you that he’s returning?"

- there's exit i.e. end of season interviews with players and then coaches by the end of the week, and next week they'll review the season of the club as a whole;

- "My answer is Ken has a contract for next year, as far as I am concerned that’s it. I deal in facts."

That's all I could manage to write down and I think encapsulates the gist of what he said. I am sure a full transcription will come out soon.
Man, just shut the club down. Mob of losers

- we've had bad luck, it was dark in the changerooms after the Prelim with all the players we didn’t have playing;

- we’re younger than the baby Hawks, we have so much potential and we have so much to build on;

- Ken and team can hold their heads up high, we just need to take next step, we play consistent finals;

- comment by the hosts about the mood surrounding Hinkley, with hardcore fans putting up stickers but there's a rethinking of relationship between fans and Ken, where fans are begrudgingly showing respect for Ken for keeping on turning up;

- his performance is an incredibly successfully coach, hasn’t made a Grand Final, he deserves it, we deserve it;

- last year Koch got hammered at AGM by core fans, but next day it was family day, and was approached by 600 people to thank him for what a great job he’s doing at the club;

- we’re a good club, but not a great club, we have consistency, we just need to take the next step;

- we’ve got to be competitive, we play finals consistently and if luck goes our way we will get the ultimate prize;

- there's exit i.e. end of season interviews with players and then coaches by the end of the week, and next week they'll review the season of the club as a whole;

- "My answer is Ken has a contract for next year, as far as I am concerned that’s it. I deal in facts."

That's all I could manage to write down and I think encapsulates the gist of what he said. I am sure a full transcription will come out soon.

Different to what he said a week back…

He sounds like Netanyahu.
He loves to say he deals in facts
Shame they're all bullshit.

I call BS on this, I've never seen Ken interact with the fans ever.

Edit. If he did, I would've asked him to sign a photo of my profile pic.

Like I get it, what's the guy meant to go on radio and say etc.

But honestly, the above reads like a PHD thesis exploring the mating calls of the born loser.

Maybe don't go on radio at all

Yeah, but where do they even get a talking point like this from?

Say what you like about Hinkley, at least he keeps coming back to collect hundreds of thousands of our membership dollars every year!

So selfless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have a Senior Coach who has been there for 12 years and we haven't seen a GF appearance (while most the comp has) and we have lost 5 of our last 6 finals by an average of 9 goals then I am sorry to tell you, there is a bit more to it than "We had a couple of injuries and you need some luck"

With this attitude from Koch and those at the club it is no surprise we are in the position we are. We don't care that they will review it. They are the same inept operators who have done all the other reviews, and nothing meaningful changes. They are empty words. What will it be this year? We have reviewed and concluded we need another internal promotion.

This attitude of ingrained mediocrity and close enough is good enough has permeated through to the players and much of the supporter base. Rather than trying to analyse and benchmark performance and results rationally against the rest of the competition they pat the club on the back. " Overall winning percentage of 60%. How good"

You need some luck isn't a model that wins finals and win Premierships and the proof is in the pudding with our 3 final wins in a decade.

Yeah, but where do they even get a talking point like this from?

Say what you like about Hinkley, at least he keeps coming back to collect hundreds of thousands of our membership dollars every year!

It seems as they were fishing for a full on support comment by Koch. To my surprise he didn't bite.

Apart from a brief spike after the 2017 EF, the guy never really endured any real scrutiny until after the 2021 PF debacle.

That was eight years into his tenure, a charmed run we can all agree.

Imagine if the pressure had started earlier! dude would have imploded like the titan submarine
Even a carbon fibre sub is stronger than us we would've made it out of marshmallows.

When you have a Senior Coach who has been there for 12 years and we haven't seen a GF appearance (while most the comp has) and we have lost 5 of our last 6 finals by an average of 9 goals then I am sorry to tell you, there is a bit more to it than "We had a couple of injuries and you need some luck"

With this attitude from Koch and those at the club it is no surprise we are in the position we are. We don't care that they will review it. They are the same inept operators who have done all the other reviews, and nothing meaningful changes. They are empty words. What will it be this year? We have reviewed and concluded we need another internal promotion.

This attitude of ingrained mediocrity and close enough is good enough has permeated through to the players and much of the supporter base. Rather than trying to analyse and benchmark performance and results rationally against the rest of the competition they pat the club on the back. " Overall winning percentage of 60%. How good"

You need some luck isn't a model that wins finals and win Premierships and the proof is in the pudding with our 3 final wins in a decade.
The amount of credit the club gives itself for being brave in "continuing to turn up" is absolutely bemusing.

Like you're a (supposedly) elite sporting organisation, do you want an open top bus ticker-tape parade for competing lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back