List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm amazed at the number of people on this thread who've veered away from the original point of the original post.

The OP was a criticism of the media's double standards between their respective treatment of Hawthorn's and Richmond's rebuilding strategy. It wasn't a criticism of the Tigers' strategy, which I think almost all of us agree with.

That said, it's fair to say that most of the proper journalists acknowledged their initial error and quickly accepted that the Hawks' strategy was working. We know the one exception to that - the bloke whose name isn't worth polluting this forum with.

Btw, all the best to the Tigers! I really like what they're doing and reckon it'll succeed in the long run, as long as they're prepared for the growing pains of the next few years.

Edit: The key to success for the Tigers will, as ever, be proper development and coaching, not just the innate talent of their rich draft crop.

Last edited:
So you’re saying we don’t have poor draft history? So why even put it in the post.

Oh, that’s right… trolling.

View attachment 2140779
I am saying the last time Richmond had a draft hand like they'll have this year, they made a mess of it.

We're posting on a text based forum and I'm just repeating the same thing over and over and you cannot seem to follow.

Last edited:

No you didn’t in your initially post, you said we drafted poorly. You did not provide any examples of good trades.

Priory picks, Rance for 1 flag at pick 18? Yeah great pickup. That’s it.

You didn’t even scout for your f/s picks. You just got em because they were f/s. Your 3 single flag teams core was built by a fluke.

But you keep telling us Ablett was hopeless.

So we didn’t fluke anything there. He had nothing to do with it.
Hawkins was only a peripheral player in the flags that Ablett played in and wasn’t even in the team for 07 so big miss there.
And Scarlett was the least hyped of all three.

Wow, well researched as always, Big Footy’s answer to Ralph Wiggum.

I’m Idaho.

I am saying the last time Richmond had a draft hand like they'll have this year, they made a mess of it.

We're posting on a text based forum and I'm just repeating the same thing over and over and you cannot seem to follow.
I understand what you’re saying. I just don’t believe it. No matter how often you repeat it.

If your only intention was to highlight the instance where we fluffed a great draft hand then explain to me - explain to all of us - what the purpose of your opening line (Unlike Hawthorn, Richmond has a really poor history at the draft).

If you just worded something poorly then admit it. Don’t keep doubling down.

I thought you said:
Unlike Hawthorn, Richmond has a really poor history at the draft.
Which seems odd, given their success 2017-2020

I understand what you’re saying. I just don’t believe it. No matter how often you repeat it.

If your only intention was to highlight the instance where we fluffed a great draft hand then explain to me - explain to all of us - what the purpose of your opening line (Unlike Hawthorn, Richmond has a really poor history at the draft).

If you just worded something poorly then admit it. Don’t keep doubling down.
You're right, Richmond has a great history with the draft actually, I was just being a little bit silly. There is no possible way that they could stuff up the draft hand they'll have as they've got no history of bad draft picks. It was just my Geelong bias doing the talking.

Hell in another thread one of your fellow Tigers supporters has already claimed Lalor as a future Hall of Famer, can't argue with that!

You're right, Richmond has a great history with the draft actually, I was just being a little bit silly. There is no possible way that they could stuff up the draft hand they'll have as they've got no history of bad draft picks. It was just my Geelong bias doing the talking.

Hell in another thread one of your fellow Tigers supporters has already claimed Lalor as a future Hall of Famer, can't argue with that!
So you’re not going to explain what you meant by “Richmond has a really poor draft history”?

Where has anyone actually said Richmond are draft experts? No-one has come anywhere close to saying we’ve got “no history of bad draft picks”. In fact most supporters have fully recognised the 2004 draft as a huge bust for the RFC.

Ooo… someone’s called a kid a future HoF. A kid who’s not even at our club and could end up anywhere. Prob just talking him up because he wants him drafted ahead of some other kid. There’s also Geelong fans out there who think pick 17 is fair for Bailey Smith because of knee injury, social life and questioning if he actually wants to be a footballer. Newsflash… no-one believes any of it.

But you just keep doubling down, troll.

So you’re not going to explain what you meant by “Richmond has a really poor draft history”?

Where has anyone actually said Richmond are draft experts? No-one has come anywhere close to saying we’ve got “no history of bad draft picks”. In fact most supporters have fully recognised the 2004 draft as a huge bust for the RFC.

Ooo… someone’s called a kid a future HoF. A kid who’s not even at our club and could end up anywhere. Prob just talking him up because he wants him drafted ahead of some other kid. There’s also Geelong fans out there who think pick 17 is fair for Bailey Smith because of knee injury, social life and questioning if he actually wants to be a footballer. Newsflash… no-one believes any of it.

Tbf if he compliments Richmond in any way he’ll spontaneously combust. I’m gonna give him a break this time for that brain fart.

I've already explained it lmao why do you keep asking? I explained it in the first post. Your incessant whining about it would be easily solved if you just read that original post

I've already explained it lmao why do you keep asking? I explained it in the first post. Your incessant whining about it would be easily solved if you just read that original post
You mean this post…
Unlike Hawthorn, Richmond has a really poor history at the draft. The last time they had a draft hand like they'll have in 2024 they drafted;

ND:

1. Brett Deledio
4. Richard Tambling
12. Danny Meyer
16. Adam Pattison
20. Dean Polo
36. Luke McGuane
52. Dean Limbach
65. Mark Graham

PSD:
1. Trent Knobel
6. Ty Zantuck

Rookie:
1. Will Thursfield

I say let them 'tank' all they want
So your explanation of “Richmond have a poor draft history” is a draft from 20 years ago whilst ignoring all the drafts since that have produced Brownlows, Colemans, AAs and, ummm, the small matter of three premierships.

Troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back