List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

All these first rounders aren't guaranteed to be decent players either. If half are duds then they're stuffed. We won't know for half a decade of course but in the meantime we can enjoy seeing the spoons pile up in punt road.
Good balanced view of the road ahead. Nail this draft and Richmond will be on the way up in record time. Favourites for the coveted Pick 1 next year as well, that'll help.
Great point. Look at the first round picks for both Gold Coast and GWS when they entered the league:
  • GC - David Swallow (1), Harley Bennell (2), Sam Day (3), Josh Caddy (7), Dion Prestia (9), Daniel Gorringe (10), Tom Lynch (11) & Seb Tape (13).
  • GWS - Jonathan Patton (1), Stephen Congilio (2), Dom Tyson (3), Will Hoskin-Elliott (4), Matt Buntine (5), Nick Haynes (7), Adam Tomlinson (9), Liam Sumner (10), Toby Greene (11), Taylor Adams (13) & Devon Smith (14).
How many lived up to the hype? I would say Prestia + Lynch for the Suns and Coniglio + Greene for the Giants. The rest were mostly solid players or complete flops. I'd suggest more than half of the drafted players for both Gold Coast and GWS didn't live up to the hype, which shows how risky this approach is. They likely need to spend several years at the bottom (like GWS did) to mitigate the risk of too many draft misses screwing their rebuild.

100%

AFL House cares for one thing and one thing only.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Equalisation and a fair even competition. Lol. Lip service at most.
Agreed 💯 💯

I don't mind Tassie and Canberra and Darwin having a team in the AFL.... But would they add to tv ratings or Foxtel subscribers?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back