List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

To quote a very incompetent vice president Kamala Harris in her first debate “ wow talk about being dramatic”.

All I have stated and repetitively stated to all these angry posts is simply that it is a unanimous or widely help opinion or consensus whatever way you want to play semantics on it, that Richmond is not getting the best player in this crop. Ashcroft is well ahead of the others.

your post and emotions really seem to show I struck a nerve when if you don’t believe it to be true really shouldn’t get this sort of over the top reaction
But he's not, and it is not.

You sure about that Fadgey? Here is the geelong_crazy26 annointed draft guru Cal Twomey ranking Daicos as #1.

Correct, that is absolute revisionist history. Daicos was Number 1 since his underage year and was considered by far and away the standout player in the draft. Ashcroft is not the same.

To quote a very incompetent vice president Kamala Harris in her first debate “ wow talk about being dramatic”.

All I have stated and repetitively stated to all these angry posts is simply that it is a unanimous or widely help opinion or consensus whatever way you want to play semantics on it, that Richmond is not getting the best player in this crop. Ashcroft is well ahead of the others.

your post and emotions really seem to show I struck a nerve when if you don’t believe it to be true really shouldn’t get this sort of over the top reaction
I think the only thing making people angry and I'm including any objective and prob a few Geelong posters - is not the obvious baiting/trolling but that you still dont seem to have a grasp on the word 'unanimous' and now 'consensus' - the number 1 pick is very debatable and Ashcroft is in that debate definitely. You nearly got there with 'widely help opinion'. As I mentioned earlier I think he is number one slightly ahead of the others but it is def not a consensus.

I'm just coming back to this thread because its hilarious how you keep going on about it but still dont really understand the words you're using

Correct, that is absolute revisionist history. Daicos was Number 1 since his underage year and was considered by far and away the standout player in the draft.
Incorrect.

For those with access to the Herald Sun - here is an article that lists the consensus picks as at 3rd October 2021:

For those without access, here are the key points from the article:
1729652688396.png
1729652739695.png
1729652797772.png

Last edited:
there is some nuance in this but not a whole heap.

so it's OK to cut your list deep if your getting good picks?

we did what we did to be better long term & told we were tanking.

isn't that exactly what Richmond are doing?

I'd like a comment from the purple nerd
Are you new to this thread because it has been explained quite a bit.

We did not cut, they left. Rioli, Bolton and Baker all wanted to leave for personal reasons/family reasons etc. Graham wanted a change and the writing was on the wall. 4 retirees gives us 8 list spots, without any delisting which we are yet to do.

We played hard ball and won good draft points. You got rid of players like Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, we did not get rid of anyone.

Are you new to this thread because it has been explained quite a bit.

We did not cut, they left. Rioli, Bolton and Baker all wanted to leave for personal reasons/family reasons etc. Graham wanted a change and the writing was on the wall. 4 retirees gives us 8 list spots, without any delisting which we are yet to do.

We played hard ball and won good draft points. You got rid of players like Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, we did not get rid of anyone.

you were happy for them to leave yeah? as were we...

had freo or gc not had as favourable picks would this have made the club 'try harder' to keep them?

We could flip that and just highlight how much you’ve sooked it up when few have agreed with your opinion. You’ve then bombarded this thread with same statement over and over with no supporting articles or links. You’re no longer worth debating this topic with as you bring nothing new to it.

Just change your user name from geelong_crazy26 to richmond_triggered171920 and be done with it. You’ve only embarrassed yourself in this thread, and firmly outed yourself as a troll.

Must have been living under a rock.
Nah for Hawthorn, Can't recall any of validity in main stream media. Maybe you're a little sensitive to particularly jealous and obscure keyboard rock throwers?

AS mentioned previously, largely due to inept physical conditioning, most of the clubs listed players had severely interrupted to no 2024 season. Hard to call tanking on a club that has to field a mostly VFL level side every for 20 odd weeks in the season.

It is a hard and possibly uneducated call to say the club will tanking in 2025, given the changes to admin, coaching staff and playing list that have occurred over the past 18 months.

Will we be tanking in 2025? My look at improvement over 2024 would be:

Fewer injuries to senior players
Fewer games missed due to injury.
A win loss percentage that is better than 65%.
A kick efficiency percentage >66.5
A free kick count For vs against that is not again worst in the league.

Whether this equates to 2 wins, more than 2 wins, or less in 2025, I do not care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A consensus isn’t just the opinion of Dan and Jordan, but thank-you for the effort. Others could learn from you.
Would you like me to dig out and share every article available that had JHF rated ahead of Daicos, or maybe you could do it yourself now that Daicos as 'the clear number 1' isn't as cut and dried as you thought it was?

Nah for Hawthorn, Can't recall any of validity in main stream media. Maybe you're a little sensitive to particularly jealous and obscure keyboard rock throwers?
Another one living under a rock.

Footy classified even ran an expose on how pissed off other clubs were that we were not trying to win.
They quite literally asked Sam Mitchell if Harley Reid’s name was raised in our list management meetings in 2022.

Just another article from today that doesn’t rate Ashcroft as the #1 pick.

View attachment 2150298View attachment 2150299View attachment 2150300View attachment 2150301
I can't access the article, or read your screenshots, but does it say anywhere in the article that they're ranking the best talent available, and not considering father/son commitments in the same way the Daicos article I shared did?

Would you like me to dig out and share every article available that had JHF rated ahead of Daicos, or maybe you could do it yourself now that Daicos as 'the clear number 1' isn't as cut and dried as you thought it was?
There was massive hype around JHF - some clubs were offering 3 first round picks to north if I recall

Fair enough. I'll take as given your support that Ashcroft isn't the clear number 1 in this year's draft.

Thanks in advance.

Fair enough. I'll take as given your support that Ashcroft isn't the clear number 1 in this year's draft.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not following the commentary around this draft closely enough, but having seen a fair bit of the Vic Metro kids play over the last couple of years, I wouldn't say there's anything between the likes of Jagga, Levi and Finn.

In saying that, none are at the level of recent #1 picks.

I can't access the article, or read your screenshots, but does it say anywhere in the article that they're ranking the best talent available, and not considering father/son commitments in the same way the Daicos article I shared did?
It does not. What the screenshots say are:
  • Levi Ashcroft, Jagga Smith and Sid Draper are among the top draft prospects in this year’s crop of prospective AFL players.
  • Brisbane are already committed to matching bids on father-son gun Levi Ashcroft (brother of Norm Smith medallist Will) – who may go as early as pick two
  • The Brisbane Lions are reigning premiers and will have first rights to claim exciting father-son prospect Levi Ashcroft, who’s likely to be picked up in the first five selections.
  • GWV Rebels midfielder-forward Sam Lalor, who has been likened to Dustin Martin, is firming to be the dux of the 2024 class, but Finn O’Sullivan and Jagga Smith are other options at the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back