List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I would have a look at how teams have faired playing kids. (Debuts) Year.

The debuts are draft picks not trades.

(87) 2020 (94) 2021, (84) 2022, (70) 2023 (76) 2024

2020: Adelaide 9 debuts and the spoon. Sydney and GCS next with 7 debuts each finished bottom 5.

2021: Adelaide 9 debuts. Pies 9 debuts. Hawthorn 7 debuts. All bottom 5. North won the spoon with 2 debuts that year.

2022: West Coast 10 debuts second last. Hawthorn next with 8 and Essendon 7. Hawks 13th Essendon bottom 5.

2023: Hawthorn 7 , Richmond 6 both bottom 5 and West Coast 6 plus the spoon. Collingwood win flag see 2021.

2024: Pies, Richmond won the spoon, North, St Kilda and West Coast all 6 debutants. North and West Coast bottom 5.

Admittedly I actually don't don't what to make of this. Its cold and wet. I thought teams might be playing more kids which might be encouraging for the Tigers fielding a young team. Debuts have dropped in the last two seasons.

Like always you need to nail recruiting, coaching and drafting it seems. Hence the positions North and West Coast are in.

Thank Christ.

After 30+ posts in this thread demanding anyone and everyone acknowledge that Richmond weren’t picking the best player in this draft I had begun to think you were a little unhinged.
You do realize my posts were all replying to very wound up Richmond posters?? They didn’t just appear in reply to nothing. Perhaps they should calm a little.

It’s not tanking being genuinely shit and a poor culture to the point your best players want out. That’s just a poorly run club
Or they realise they should move for mutual benefit, staying at Richmond means winning 9 games a year for next 6 years, without any top 4 picks coming in the door. The club becomes Hawthorn 2019 to 2023, Essendon 2015 to 2024.

It’s not tanking being genuinely shit and a poor culture to the point your best players want out. That’s just a poorly run club
Richmond famously never tanked in the era of tanking.

Two teams cheered when my man Ricky Petterd and Jordy Mac knocked off Melbourne in the dying moments in 2009 to finish second last.

The belated fines to the Melbourne hierarchy surrounding that game were reasonably stiff for individuals, I just don't reckon it would happen anymore, 6-12 month suspensions is a huge penalty for individuals, and it would be longer now.

Or they realise they should move for mutual benefit, staying at Richmond means winning 9 games a year for next 6 years, without any top 4 picks coming in the door. The club becomes Hawthorn 2019 to 2023, Essendon 2015 to 2024.
It probably wouldn’t be 9 wins a year given they only won two games this year. It will be a few years down the bottom to come. More north Melbourne as an equivalent or Melbourne early 2010’s

Richmond famously never tanked in the era of tanking.

Two teams cheered when my man Ricky Petterd and Jordy Mac knocked off Melbourne in the dying moments in 2009 to finish second last.

The belated fines to the Melbourne hierarchy surrounding that game were reasonably stiff for individuals, I just don't reckon it would happen anymore, 6-12 month suspensions is a huge penalty for individuals, and it would be longer now.
I don’t believe Richmond are tanking. They put in a lot of genuine effort this season. They just lacked talent. You can’t fault effort.

Finn O’Sullivan is looking the likely no1 pick if you don’t want to bid on Ashcroft, and from all reports he is an Andrew brayshaw clone.

Solid tough balanced in and out player who is well rounded overall. Not explosive or powerful, but a very well rounded strong in/out mid. Will be a good midfielder for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, there’s a couple of notorious Geelong supporters that have dropped the intellect of the thread significantly. Perhaps they they aren’t getting enough attention in other threads.
I spent about three pages trying to help a Richmond supporter work out what cal twomney means when he says “ Finn o’Sullivan is a number one draft pick contender”. If anything mate I probably should be getting an Employment package as a teaching aid in here for people of this IQ level.

I spent about three pages trying to help a Richmond supporter work out what cal twomney means when he says “ Finn o’Sullivan is a number one draft pick contender”. If anything mate I probably should be getting an Employment package as a teaching aid in here for people of this IQ level.
secret smell GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back