List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is that Ashcroft may be the new no.1 but he wasn't for much of the year. He was thereabouts but Smile, Smith, FOS, Lalor have all be no.1 at some stage of the season. He might have edged ahead at the end but there is not much in it, it is not unanimous, so there is hardly any point going on about Richmond missing the best player in the draft.

Besides, Richmond might not necessarily have picking Ashcroft because he is a bit similar to what we already have and we might be after something a bit different. Lalor, FOS perhaps.
Rubbish.

LAschroft has been #1 for most of the last two years, and the only 'analysts' who are saying otherwise are those which are taking into consideration the father/son situation.

Tell us all who Richmond already have who us 'similar' to the best 18yo in the country?

I recalled the narrative differently but if that’s what you recall and read then sure. Not going to argue. I recall a lot calling him a generational talent and statistically the best underage player to ever go thru the underage system. It was real gleaming stuff. It has been pretty obvious since he walked in the door those pundits were accurate.

Right now I would comfortably put money on Levi Ashcroft for the rising star. His performance in the VFL for Brisbane was incredible. 35 touches and 2 goals in BOG showing. None of the other VFL try outs have come close to it

Levi could be even better than Will which would put him into GOAT contention. Already has the most successful junior career ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back