List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Geelong supporters...

You guys are so lucky Richmond have been absolutely shite for a majority of the last 4 decades!
Look let’s be honest, as a Richmond fan you probably are lucky to see finals twice in your lifetime the way they perform in the AFL system. So far it’s 6 finals series in 35 years of the AFL system. So kids born now probably will have to watch geelong play finals till they are in their 30’s or early 20’s to see a final or two appearance from Richmond

As I said previously, beating Richmond is an easy thing as everyone beats them regularly year to year, but finals… it’s like waiting for an elusive wackamole to pop its head up… they just hardly even bloody make it!!

Look let’s be honest, as a Richmond fan you probably are lucky to see finals twice in your lifetime the way they perform in the AFL system. So far it’s 6 finals series in 35 years of the AFL system. So kids born now probably will have to watch geelong play finals till they are in their 30’s or early 20’s to see a final or two appearance from Richmond

As I said previously, beating Richmond is an easy thing as everyone beats them regularly year to year, but finals… it’s like waiting for an elusive wackamole to pop its head up… they just hardly even bloody make it!!
yet when we do, we make the Cats our bitches. Swings and roundabouts and all that jazz. :heart:

we can do this all day ,

I said Yr 1 or 2

Paddy Cripps also doubled Clarks production at the same age

so did Fyfe

Danger got more of the ball than clark, but also kicked 26 goals

Not saying Clark will not grow into a serviceable player, but elite is one thing he wont be.

Why are you taking about Jhye Clark?

Are you trying to convince us that Geelong's 7th-10th best current under 24 player isn't elite? Or that early draft picks are overrated?

Why are you taking about Jhye Clark?

Are you trying to convince us that Geelong's 7th-10th best current under 24 player isn't elite? Or that early draft picks are overrated?
because you said

"Most draftee inside mids don't really mature until 4-5 years in the system. They'll play rotation roles until then"

and I said that elite mids show themselves in Yr 1 and 2, and provided Clark as a perfect example

Then you said gave Cripps Danger and Fyfe as examples of mids that did not contribute early, and you where flat out wrong

Not sure why you are being so emotional?

Bit more than that. AFL started in 1990. Richmond has made the finals;
  • 1995 Prelim
  • 2001 Prelim
  • 2013 Elimination
  • 2014 Elimination
  • 2015 Elimination
  • 2017 Premier
  • 2018 Prelim
  • 2019 Premier
  • 2020 Premier
  • 2022 Elimination

So effectively we make finals 1/3 of the time since the sport has become the AFL in 1990

Bit more than that. AFL started in 1990. Richmond has made the finals;
  • 1995 Prelim
  • 2001 Prelim
  • 2013 Elimination
  • 2014 Elimination
  • 2015 Elimination
  • 2017 Premier
  • 2018 Prelim
  • 2019 Premier
  • 2020 Premier
  • 2022 Elimination

So effectively we make finals 1/3 of the time since the sport has become the AFL in 1990
If you remove that one patch from 17-22 as it was essentially the same side, you are a side that has over the span of 29 years in the AFL system made finals only five times.

5/29 is a pretty appalling run up until your 17 team.

That’s a stack of mediocre seasons poor fans had to witness.

When you do.. probably Half this forum won’t be around anymore when Richmond make finals again.

Richmond are not a success enough AFL club to make final very often
Fact: We own in you modern day finals.
Opinion: your slop you posted.

I am sorry this hurts you, but that aint my problem :heart:

Fact: We own in you modern day finals.
Opinion: your slop you posted.

I am sorry this hurts you, but that aint my problem :heart:
'Modern day finals' - let's take finals since the turn of the century.

Number of finals wins:
Geelong 25
Sydney 23
Collingwood 22
Richmond 11

Richmond are a long way down the list when it comes to 'modern finals performers'.

'Modern day finals' - let's take finals since the turn of the century.

Number of finals wins:
Geelong 25
Sydney 23
Collingwood 22
Richmond 11

Richmond are a long way down the list when it comes to 'modern finals performers'.
Bro I'm tired, can you ask someone to read my post back to you so you can respond with some form relevance FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside mids show they make it immediately, very rare that it takes 4 years to see, maybe they grow to be serviceable, but an elite mid is an elite mid in Yr1, Yr 2 max

So taking 3 mids that are elite will immediately improve the team, if they are to make it, they will make it straight away, it will be clear very early if they will be elite.

Case in point Jhye Clark, he was supposed to replace Joes Selwood, but by comparison he is miles behind at the same age, produces about 50% of what Selwood produced at the same age, and that gap, I am sorry to say, is never ever going to be made up.

So going back to Richmond 1st year elite mids will impact immediately, Richmond will hope to get 3 in this draft
I do agree with something you said though, trading up for 2 is unlikely, unless Nth completely bend over.
Agree with this, elite players impact early. If they don't impact early, they're unlikely to be elite.

Cripps won the John Nicholls' medal in his 2nd season.
Bontempelli won the Charles Sutton and made an All Australian in his 3rd season
Joel Selwood won the Carji Greeves in his 4th season and made an All Australian in his 3rd.

From cal twomey having him unanimously at no1.
127638_Phantom-Form-Guide_September-Straps_1_FA-@1x

Every time the next challenge comes, Ashcroft lifts to it. He made his VFL debut for the Lions and gathered 35 disposals and 11 clearances and since then has produced some terrific performances for the Dragons, including 40 touches and two goals in their qualifying final win over the Calder Cannons. He backed it up with 33 disposals and two goals on Sunday in the preliminary final and is shooting to this week become a three-time premiership winner in consecutive years for the Dragons. Ashcroft is ready to be playing at AFL level and the ball-winner has been preparing himself for that next step for some time.View attachment 2149525View attachment 2149525
A lot people will disagree with Twomey on this who have followed the draft all year + previous years.
Not saying Levi isn't a gun but I think he has been put at number #1 just because of consistency reasons rather than overall upside & player profile.

So we have gone from conversation about Levi Ashcroft, to Richmond’s finals performances in the last 25 years.

I’m surprised the usual suspects haven’t brought up St Kildas late 2000s side or Bacher Houli being robbed of best on ground in the 2017 GF yet,

Round and round and round they go.

But where is the relevance to the thread topic?

So we have gone from conversation about Levi Ashcroft, to Richmond’s finals performances in the last 25 years.

I’m surprised the usual suspects haven’t brought up St Kildas late 2000s side or Bacher Houli being robbed of best on ground in the 2017 GF yet,

Round and round and round they go.

But where is the relevance to the thread topic?

More debate about whether Jack Ross being on the list means Richmond should avoid inside mids early in the draft. At least that's on topic.

Bro I'm tired, can you ask someone to read my post back to you so you can respond with some form relevance FFS
Relevant facts are outside of one period of a good team, Richmond has only made finals 5 times in 29 seasons of football since the AFL.

Richmond are atrocious failures of an AFL club.

The only thing Richmond owns in the AFL is lubricant to make it more gentle when clubs ream them up the clacker year after year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. “It’s a form of tanking” the Richmond rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back