raikkonen

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 7, 2006
VB's Gun Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Redbacks, CDFC
Long time no post for me, but I received a very attractive offer on my FB wall from SportsDelivered.com.au, that I thought Id share with you. Sometime over the next week or so, they will be offering all of their Name-A-Game DVD's for $10 each, and theyre usually $34 I believe.

It got me thinking about how I will purchase probably at least 10 at that price. They have every game in the history of the AFC I think, and I now pose to you the question of what your favourite AFC games have been.

Off the top of my head mine are:
-AFC v Fremantle @ AAMI 2009 (the 1 goal debacle)
-AFC v Geelong @ AAMI 2010 (we beat Geelong!)
-AFC v Port R3 @ AAMI 2008 (Close hard fought gutsy win, many injuries)
-AFC V Ess @ AAMI 2006 (Hentschel 8, highest club score of 30.8.188)
-AFC v Brisbane @ GABBA 2001 (A 5 point win against Brisbane in 2001!)
-AFC v Port SF @ AAMI 2005 (what needs to be said?)
-AFC v Port R17 @ AAMI 2009 (My Birthday and a 12 goal win)
-AFC v Carlton @ TD 2009 (Entertaining game high scoring game)
-AFC v Richmond @ AAMI 1997 (a 23 goal demolition, on my birthday!)
-AFC v Brisbane @ AAMI 2002 (say no more)
*These are games I dont already own. Of course the GF's and 1997 PF were amazing! And the Melbourne SF!

Def worth it at that price, one of the best games of footy I have seen
it was the 1st showdown I attended which we won! :D (went to the 14 point loss in 2006)

Can someone post in here the day of the sale, just in case I miss it on facebook? This a bloody awesome deal!:thumbsu:

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:

Some that I don't already have that I'd quite like to get:

97 Prelim - :eek: Yes I should have it already, but don't for some reason

98 Semi against Sydney - Vards kicks 6 off a wing in the wet in a knockout away final.

98 R19 Showdown - Vards kicks 7.6 in a 12 goal demolition of the Power.

04 R10 against the Hawks at the G - One of the few times that Stevo and the King got on the park at the same time, and they tore Hawthorn a new one. Think it was the same game of the Mattner tackle on Crawford...ouch!

Entire 2001 season, to revisit just how brilliant McLeod was. But then I'd just get pissed off about how badly he was shafted in the Brownlow.

Def worth it at that price, one of the best games of footy I have seen

I agree with you. One of our best wins of the decade. Still cannot describe how we pulled out that win.

2009 (I think) at the Dome against Essendon. Still one of my faves. Tippett kicks 7, Knighta kicked one from CHB. Richie Douglas does a reverse banana from 50m out on the boundary. Worth more than a tenna!:D

2001 round 4 vs carlton - the mark ricciuto show (in the thunder and lightning)

first time i've ever seen a piledriver delivered on the ground (on lance whittnall too)

There was a late season game (prob r20) against Collingwood here that we won by over 100 points. Want to get it to hear the commentary on my sign!

Wow, awesome:thumbsu:, six or seven for $60 or $70 is great value.

I already have these on Name a Game:
Adelaide V Melbourne SF, 2002
Adelaide V Port Adelaide Rd 3, 2008
Essendon V Adelaide, Rd 11, 2009

and the last quarter of the 1997 PF on VHS.

These games are under consideration with this deal:
Adelaide V Geelong 1997 SF (come from behind victory)
Adelaide V Geelong Rd 16, 2010 (upset of the season!)
Sydney V Adelaide 1998 SF (Upset victory with Vardy on fire)
Carlton V Adelaide Rd 4, 2001 (Major upset with Roo dominating in thunder and lightning)
Brisbane V Adelaide Rd 9, 2001 (a close, hard fought victory at the Gabba which was the start of Brisbane's dominance, this was their last loss until round 5, 2002)
Adelaide V Western Bulldogs Rd 9, 2003 (7 goal to 1 last quarter to produce a come from behind win with Ricciuto and McLeod firing)
Adelaide V Essendon EF, 2009 (a 16-goal thumping! With some excellent football and comedic value from the mighty Quinn:D)
Adelaide V Fremantle Rd 15, 2009 (one goal)
Carlton V Adelaide Rd 22, 2009 (fast-flowing, entertaining shoot-out)
Adelaide V Essendon Rd 10, 2006 (30.8 and what could have been of Hentschel:()

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen a couple of suggestions I might also order from the above posts.

Ive had quick browse over this website. http://stats.rleague.com/afl/teams/adelaide/allgames.html It shows all the games in our 20 year history and the scores etc. Might bring back some great memories of games I/you had forgotten about. Im actually now thinking 10 games may be too conservative at such a bargain price.

I'm surprised that they don't have a more reasonable sale price for their dvds, you would think they would move far more units at $15 a pop rather than $34. If I am not mistaken they arrive of DVD-R discs ???

Unless there are some huge licensing fees there doesnt seem to be much justification of a $34 price tag for a home and away match on a DVD-R disc.

I'm surprised that they don't have a more reasonable sale price for their dvds, you would think they would move far more units at $15 a pop rather than $34. If I am not mistaken they arrive of DVD-R discs ???

Unless there are some huge licensing fees there doesnt seem to be much justification of a $34 price tag for a home and away match on a DVD-R disc.

Pardon my lack of knowledge - but can you explain to me what is not so good about a DVD-R disc please?

Pardon my lack of knowledge - but can you explain to me what is not so good about a DVD-R disc please?

It's not a properly authored and pressed retail DVD disc, ie it's a cheap blank DVD disc that they are burning in a DVD burner. They are far less durable as dvd-r discs have very little protection from scratches than an authored DVDs and there is also the question of how long will the discs last as dvd-r discs are much more prone to degration than pressed discs, I have seen some of cd-r and dvd-r discs that have suffered from disc rot in as little as five years.

I just think charging the same amount as a retail bluray for a dvd-r burn ($35) is overcharing for an inferior product.

Sale is on tomorrow, lads. :thumbsu:
Awesome. I think I will buy 8 for $80. Great deal:thumbsu:.

I have already mentioned the games I have (as well as round 3, 2005 showdown thrashing which I recorded on VHS). This is the 8 games that I will purchase.

1998 SF V Sydney @ SCG
2001 Round 4 V Carlton @ Princes Park
2001 Round 9 V Brisbane @ Gabba
2002 Round 10 V Brisbane @ Footy Park
2003 Round 9 V Western Bulldogs @ Footy Park
2006 Round 10 V Essendon @ Footy Park
2009 Round 15 V Fremantle @ Footy Park
2010 Round 16 V Geelong @ Footy Park

Just written up a list of the 15 games I'll be getting:thumbsu::
Round 1 1991
Round 16 2010
Round 3 2008
Round 10 2006
Round 22 2005 (gutsy win over WC to secure the minor premiership)
Semi final 2005
Round 6 2003
Round 10 2002
Round 9 2001
Round 10 2004
Round 4 2001
Round 9 2003
Round 11 2009
Round 17 1997
Semi final 1998

This also means I won't be going out on the weekend, but oh well, this is way too good to resist!

Remove this Banner Ad

$10 Name a Game DVD's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back