Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

You can never question his endeavour, but today he lowered the eyes, impacted the contest when it was his turn and was solid overall. I'll take that.
Looks like we finally have a coach with the nous to say "hey Luke, look for a target this time yeah?"

Had a good start then terrible few moments in the 1st.
Solid after half time.

But we have better options. And will use them in seasons to come.
Cant carry footballers who cannot kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a good start then terrible few moments in the 1st.
Solid after half time.

But we have better options. And will use them in seasons to come.
Cant carry footballers who cannot kick.
Lost only his second (LOLOLOL) 1v1 contest of the season in the first quarter.

Played to an acceptable standard after that.

he did that, don’t remember seeing any long bombs that went no where yesterday.
Correct.

No loading up and going for ill directed depth.

No booting it to make it someone else’s problem.

Yesterday is how he needs to play.

I’ve been a massive critic of LMac like most on here however his game on Saturday was absolutely enormous.

Unequivocally his best game in years and hopefully something he can take confidence with moving forward. Was desperate as always however was making good decisions, appeared to reign in that instinctive panic that has riddled him the last 5 years with ball in hands, lowered his eyes and hit teammates in better positions rather than those 50 metre blind bombs that had become his trademark. That spoil in the last quarter. F*****g inspirational and the actions of a true leader.

Come final siren I was probably happiest for Luke more than any other player. You feel he’s probably been to some dark places the last few years and it was so good to see him get both the win, but better still be the player both he and we want/need him to be.
Now to keep backing it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back