2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade week is really becoming a laugh for us now, unless I have missed something I don't think I've heard Steven Icke talking to media outlets about our situation and what we are asking for, and when some trades will get done

Again we are just going to be forced to wait until 2pm Mon to get everything done, which is amazing considering they have all week to work out some realistic trades

We are just going to have to bite the bullet and get something for Grigg and Jacobs because it's clear they don't want to be at Visy Park next year and they are uncontracted, the longer we leave it the more likely they are to go into the Preseason draft and screw us completely over, we'd be so dumb to lose these guys for nothing

The club owes it to their supporters to let us know what is happening, many other recruiting officers of other clubs have come out and given us an idea on what they are asking for etc, for now all we have to rely on is rumour and innuendo from tweets and trade week radio

can i ask.

How is tambling worth the compo pick & pick 50. but jacobs isn't worth their first round pick?

Or at least jacobs + 3rd round for their first round.
This is what I do not understand.

We know he's uncontracted and has requested a trade, fair enough.

But this bloke will be an absolute gem. I'll be surprised if one club or other doesn't step in to give us a deal (Port I'm looking at you), or at least pick him up in the PSD.

I think Rendell said on trade week radio yesterday they had rejected any play for talia

Really don't get this one, even if he was to be a pure forward

Nisbett stated Pick 1 or no Judd didnt he ?
Freo stated first round Draft pick or no Warnock didnt they ?

Everyone knows Pick 33 is way below what Sauce is worth... If they want him, they're going to have to get real and come to the table. If not, they can go and get *****...

Trade week is really becoming a laugh for us now, unless I have missed something I don't think I've heard Steven Icke talking to media outlets about our situation and what we are asking for, and when some trades will get done

Again we are just going to be forced to wait until 2pm Mon to get everything done, which is amazing considering they have all week to work out some realistic trades

We are just going to have to bite the bullet and get something for Grigg and Jacobs because it's clear they don't want to be at Visy Park next year and they are uncontracted, the longer we leave it the more likely they are to go into the Preseason draft and screw us completely over, we'd be so dumb to lose these guys for nothing

The club owes it to their supporters to let us know what is happening, many other recruiting officers of other clubs have come out and given us an idea on what they are asking for etc, for now all we have to rely on is rumour and innuendo from tweets and trade week radio

Rest assured Swann & Icke will only act in the best interests of our club. They will not allow us to be screwed, We don't need them to be playing up to the media like some of the other club's administrators have been doing. They do not operate that way & neither they should. Nothing can be gained by participating in trade speculation via the media.

Another poster that feels they are "owed" by the club. :confused:

The club dont owe you or I dick......cue Brad Dick jokes to start up again, I still have a heap of them. :D

Interesting stuff there Brizzy Blue.

Not sure what we would do with Clark, but anytime you can add that sort of talent to your list its no doubt a good thing. Plus it lifts our tattoo to player ratio which has been lagging. Assume he would go forward and Waite would puch back to CHB. Limits options for Hampson somewhat.

Just a query...do you know if we have been into T Cloke at all? Apparently he rejected a massive offer from us.

Nisbett stated Pick 1 or no Judd didnt he ?
Freo stated first round Draft pick or no Warnock didnt they ?

Everyone knows Pick 33 is way below what Sauce is worth... If they want him, they're going to have to get real and come to the table. If not, they can go and get *****...

Yes, Sauce is worth more than pick 33, but the problem is we have basically zero bargaining power as he is uncontracted, and can just walk into the preseason draft and get picked up by the Crows anyway

We need to try everything we can to at least get a fringe player as well as pick 33, as they have clearly stated pick 14 will not be on the table

We would be so dumb to just lose him to the preseason draft and get bugger all for him

Yes, Sauce is worth more than pick 33, but the problem is we have basically zero bargaining power as he is uncontracted, and can just walk into the preseason draft and get picked up by the Crows anyway

We need to try everything we can to at least get a fringe player as well as pick 33, as they have clearly stated pick 14 will not be on the table

We would be so dumb to just lose him to the preseason draft and get bugger all for him

The acceptance of sub standard picks just to get a trade sends entirely the wrong message to other clubs and other players contemplating a move in future. I would prefer to send any player to the draft than accept a pick well below the accepted value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The acceptance of sub standard picks just to get a trade sends entirely the wrong message to other clubs and other players contemplating a move in future. I would prefer to send any player to the draft than accept a pick well below the accepted value.

Ok, so say hypothetically Gibbs was out of contract and wanted to go back to Adel, and the Crows/Port had the first 2 preseason picks, and they both threw up offers which we don't like and demand more but are unsuccessful - would you still be willing to lose Gibbsy for nothing by letting him walk into the PS draft? I know there's a disparity in talent between Gibbs and Jacobs, but from what you're saying it sounds like you're implying that to any player

Jacobs..........Crows..............Hot
...................Saints.............Cool
...................Cats..............Warm
..................Power.............Warm

I'm pretty sure Port have come out and openly stated they do not want Jacobs and will not be going for him. Maybe just change that one to cool/dead.

Talia.............Crows.............Hot

Again, Talia was never on the table and when rumours of him being there started circulating Rendell came out in a press conference yesterday evening and said he is not going to be traded fullstop. So change that one to cold too.

Yep, and Vossy ruled out Hendo in trade week last year.

Can't see why they've extended trade week. Deals were always going to happen just before the deadline whenever that was.

:)

Unsure if the draft week has been extended. Didn't it used to be Mon-Fri now Tues - Mon? Either way, your right about holding off until the last day.

Unsure if the draft week has been extended. Didn't it used to be Mon-Fri now Tues - Mon? Either way, your right about holding off until the last day.
Extended till 2pm Monday due to GF replay to allow Pies and Saints an extra day to sort their list.

Was that in the same way Voss stated at the start of last years trade week they had no interest in Fevola?:eek:

You guys need to stop beleiving lock stock and barrell what is fed to you by the media/club.

Swannie? Ickie? You guys are not meant to be playing a round of 18 right now. Trade week is on! Do something.

Brizzy heard rumour form reliable source jack anthony his headed our way and has passed fitness tests at visy?

Have you heard anythign about this or not, or cant say?

Have heard this also, apparently we are the third party in the Tarrant deal. Tarrant to Coll, John Anthony to Carlton and not sure what we give Freo.

BrizzyBlue said:
We should do a deal on Grigga.... There has been whispers that we just might cop a Morton or Jackson type instead.

Just got told by a completely different source (long time tiger lover), that the Ferals are gunna offer up Morton. Not solid source though. Might be better than pick 599 from them or nothing in the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back