2011 Rds 12-13 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 13 Trades

Hey guys was considering a double downgrade this week, even though I'm looking at a potential 0 in the rucks :(

Thinking of going Heppel > Strauss and Darling > Howe. My only concern is that Heppel/Darling have been on field all year and I'm reluctant to let them go but I understand that at this point making money for upgrades is the most important thing. My team is:

D: Lids, Newman, Gibbs, broughton, lower, buckley, heppel, goddard, delaney, puopolo,
M: judd, ablett, boak, swallow, mundy, pendles, swan, mzungu, hibberd
R: cox, smith, hale, campbell
F: pav, buddy, goodes, rok, Nroo, darling, rioli, krak, lynch, pitt

with 12 trades remaining and 63k. Any suggestions?

Next week I'm planning on doing Mundy > Priddis, then following the STK bye Hibberd/Buckley > Fisher

Hey guys was considering a double downgrade this week, even though I'm looking at a potential 0 in the rucks :(

Thinking of going Heppel > Strauss and Darling > Howe. My only concern is that Heppel/Darling have been on field all year and I'm reluctant to let them go but I understand that at this point making money for upgrades is the most important thing. My team is:

D: Lids, Newman, Gibbs, broughton, lower, buckley, heppel, goddard, delaney, puopolo,
M: judd, ablett, boak, swallow, mundy, pendles, swan, mzungu, hibberd
R: cox, smith, hale, campbell
F: pav, buddy, goodes, rok, Nroo, darling, rioli, krak, lynch, pitt

with 12 trades remaining and 63k. Any suggestions?

Next week I'm planning on doing Mundy > Priddis, then following the STK bye Hibberd/Buckley > Fisher

If Swallow is D Swallow he is out this week and i would trade Mundy to Priddis/boyd this week. I would trade out Buckley before Heppel.

I need some advice on a forward trade. It's either Fyfe/Sylvia/Chapman. I'm going for league win but Chap would be my only Geelong player but is he injured? Is Fyfe starting to slide? Can't decide between the 3.

If Swallow is D Swallow he is out this week and i would trade Mundy to Priddis/boyd this week. I would trade out Buckley before Heppel.

I need some advice on a forward trade. It's either Fyfe/Sylvia/Chapman. I'm going for league win but Chap would be my only Geelong player but is he injured? Is Fyfe starting to slide? Can't decide between the 3.

Yeah, I noticed after I posted that I had a donut waiting to happen with swallow... damn it. I like my backline rookies but not sure when another 2-gamer will show up with big scores like Strauss has. I could jump on Howe and then do Priddis in the mids this week and miss Strauss... not sure yet.

As for your fowards it seems like a gut-decision to me... what player do you favour? I think Fyfe is good value right now. Chapman for me has been in/out too much this season and Sylvia seems like a fairly safe bet. He won't smash out massive scores like Chappy could but he has been fairly consistent hasn't he? I'd definitely go with Silvia then Fyfe if league is your priority. If you want to gamble on potential and don't mind the finals bye then Chappy could be good.

Z Smith - Gawn
Libba - Boyd

Smith just sitting on the bench anyway - who said rucks can't be cashcows?

Hey guys the inclusion of Issac Smith has thrown me a little

I am 70% sure that i'll do the following trade:

Cross > Priddis

I just need help reassuring myself of which trade to do next

Knights or Darling > Issac Smith / Howe
OR
Stanley > Strauss

Need this last minute help! Thanks guys!

Selwood out for Ablett, easy decision.
Still had 268k in the bank and saw that Heppell's BE was 116 so upgraded him to Sam Fisher.

My team at full strength looks like this:

DEF: Fisher, Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Broughton, Lower (Otten, Duigan, Tape)
MID: Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, Judd, Cotchin, Mzungu (Swallow, Hibberd, Jacobs)
RUC: Cox, Smith (Bailey, J. Tippett)
FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Fyfe, Harvey, Goodes, Krakouer, Knights (Darling, Dixon, Richardson)

10 trades left and 126K in the bank.

Obviously no Pendles, Krak or Smith this week but I have cover for all three. :)

1) Selwood to Priddis/Thompson/Mitchell - not sure yet who to go for. Current mids are Boyd, Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Montagna & [Selwood].

2) Matera to I.Smith for some cash as I need to upgrade Z.Smith to Sandi later on.

Staring at 2 midfield donuts.
Decisions decisions

25k short of going Selwood > Ablett and Swallow > Scully :eek:

Sandilands > Vardy
Selwood > Boyd

Next week:

Heppell > Shaw
Darling > ROK or someone in the forward line...

Z Smith - Gawn
Libba - Boyd

Smith just sitting on the bench anyway - who said rucks can't be cashcows?

I'm going to have to trade Smith or Petrie (or Didak -if he doesn't come good - for Tippett, then shift Petrie) in a couple of weeks to have enough money to complete my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should be able to field a full team this week, so am restraining myself to a single downgrade to fund the remainder of my upgrading over the next few weeks.

I think it's one of Darling and Krakouer to go out for Howe.

Case for trading Darling: he's perhaps tired, still has a bye to come, Krakouer has MPP, Darling likely to lose money this week.

Case for trading Krakouer: >$40k extra in the skyrocket, WC have good run in finals, Pies have tougher games in finals.

I THINK I should trade Darling, even though it nets less cash, as Krakouer should provide good depth in both Midfield and Forward line down the stretch.

Am I wrong?

having some last minute second thoughts

original plan was heppel > strauss & darling > howe

now considering d. swallow > smith & darling > howe

bringing in smith avoids a donut this week but, obviously, costs me swallow who I'd intended to keep for my main bench midfielder.

midfield bench would become mzungu, smith, hibberd

any thoughts? who's got better JS smith or strauss? is heppel handier to have than swallow?

I should be able to field a full team this week, so am restraining myself to a single downgrade to fund the remainder of my upgrading over the next few weeks.

I think it's one of Darling and Krakouer to go out for Howe.

Case for trading Darling: he's perhaps tired, still has a bye to come, Krakouer has MPP, Darling likely to lose money this week.

Case for trading Krakouer: >$40k extra in the skyrocket, WC have good run in finals, Pies have tougher games in finals.

I THINK I should trade Darling, even though it nets less cash, as Krakouer should provide good depth in both Midfield and Forward line down the stretch.

Am I wrong?

I'd keep (and am keeping) Krakouer over Darling, for all the reasons you mentioned... more consistent, mpp, no more byes, mature age player. I'd go with that.

bringing in smith avoids a donut this week but, obviously, costs me swallow who I'd intended to keep for my main bench midfielder.

midfield bench would become mzungu, smith, hibberd

any thoughts? who's got better JS smith or strauss? is heppel handier to have than swallow?

I'd go Smith. It's time to get rid of Swallow, plus with Smith's dual-position, you've got more flexibility (assuming you've got a couple of m/f in your forward line). From what I'm reading he's a direct swap for Young, who did a hammy, which probably means close to a month. He's playing the Gold Coast and his potential for big scores is probably better anyway. From my reading of him he can play hb/w/hf/fp, so his flexibility will probably come in handy for the injury-plagued Hawks, if he can get a foot in the door.

I'm trading Heppell out this week, but I got rid of Swallow a while back. Heppell does need to go, unless you want to keep him as d7 and/or you really need the dual-position. I guess one thing to consider is Swallow is going to hold his value this week, while Heppell will almost certainly go down (116 b/e). I'm actually trading Heppell instead of Mundy this week, partly for that reason.

I'd go Smith. It's time to get rid of Swallow, plus with Smith's dual-position, you've got more flexibility (assuming you've got a couple of m/f in your forward line). From what I'm reading he's a direct swap for Young, who did a hammy, which probably means close to a month. He's playing the Gold Coast and his potential for big scores is probably better anyway. From my reading of him he can play hb/w/hf/fp, so his flexibility will probably come in handy for the injury-plagued Hawks, if he can get a foot in the door.

I'm trading Heppell out this week, but I got rid of Swallow a while back. Heppell does need to go, unless you want to keep him as d7 and/or you really need the dual-position. I guess one thing to consider is Swallow is going to hold his value this week, while Heppell will almost certainly go down (116 b/e). I'm actually trading Heppell instead of Mundy this week, partly for that reason.

thanks for the reply!

I'd probably only move Heppel for Strauss, not Smith, because I'd lose my backline link. Swallow > Smith does help with mpp. If I went heppel > strauss and Swallow > smith I'd miss out on Howe who looks good. Not sure which way to go... I suppose I could just cop the $ loss with Heppel and do swallow/darling for smith/howe.

spending too much time thinking about this today! :p

Tappy > Callinan

then Cross > any midfielder

Ablett or Boyd are my options. Ablett no more byes, likely to miss a week if sore. Boyd is a good buy for his avg. Leaning towards Boyd for the extra cash.

Which one would you guys take?

My team (which is gunning for cash league glory) currently is:
DEF: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Gilbee, Heppell, Pedersen / Hibberd, Puopolo, Toy
MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Mundy, Priddis, Boyd, Swallow / Mzungu, Jacobs, Callinan
RUC: Cox, Smith / Sandilands, Keeffe
FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Fyfe, Goodes, Chapman, Petrie, N. Riewoldt / Darling, Lynch, McKernan
Salary Cap: $273,300
Trades Left: 8

I'm thinking of doing Z.Smith -> J.Tippet and swapping Petrie into the rucks and going D.Mundy -> J. Bartel.
Then, next week pick up Shaw and Swan for Swallow and Heppell.
And then, grab Fisher for Toy (or Pedersen/Puopolo/Hibberd) after R14.

I think this will probably work out best, although I do lose some money on Heppell and Fisher goes up even more, but it seems the only way to not have a 0...

Help/Thoughts please? :)

Got enough cash to go Mundy > Ablett. Thinking about Boyd as well.

Smith > Tippett (Petrie to rucks this week).

Don't want to trade Smith atm cause he's still got some good coin to make but I don't want to be 1 player down. Leaves me with some extra cash for LTI/Byes.

So Ablett or Boyd?

Tappy > Callinan

then Cross > any midfielder

Ablett or Boyd are my options. Ablett no more byes, likely to miss a week if sore. Boyd is a good buy for his avg. Leaning towards Boyd for the extra cash.

Which one would you guys take?
I'm scraping that. Going to go...

Heppell > I. Smith

Darling > Pav

Getting rid of two peaked cows that I was originally going to keep but are going to start leaking too much cash for future trades. Plus it leaves me with just enough to go Krak > Swan. Will keep Cross as M6, can't do much with him now, although he's given me the absolute shits.

I can't understand trading Cross out. It goes against all of the principles of SC. He is at rockbottom price, and has the potential to score over 100 regularly. If he's your biggest problem, you would have an amazing team.

Surely you'd keep him and focus on upgrading your rookie players who will tire, lose money, or be rested entirely.

Secondly, Dogs can only improve from their start to the year which will help Cross get more points.

edit: not aimed at J Squad - there has just been lots of talk about trading Cross, and I don't get it at all.

I can't understand trading Cross out. It goes against all of the principles of SC. He is at rockbottom price, and has the potential to score over 100 regularly. If he's your biggest problem, you would have an amazing team.

Surely you'd keep him and focus on upgrading your rookie players who will tire, lose money, or be rested entirely.

Secondly, Dogs can only improve from their start to the year which will help Cross get more points.

edit: not aimed at J Squad - there has just been lots of talk about trading Cross, and I don't get it at all.

I agree. Dogs have a decent run home and Cross should score well for the rest of the season. Has averaged 100+ in SC for several years.

I don't have him, but at 377k I would rather trade him in than out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back