2011 Rds 12-13 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 13 Trades

I'm scraping that. Going to go...

Heppell > I. Smith

Darling > Pav

Getting rid of two peaked cows that I was originally going to keep but are going to start leaking too much cash for future trades. Plus it leaves me with just enough to go Krak > Swan. Will keep Cross as M6, can't do much with him now, although he's given me the absolute shits.

Like! :thumbsu:

My team (which is gunning for cash league glory) currently is:
DEF: Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Gilbee, Heppell, Pedersen / Hibberd, Puopolo, Toy
MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Mundy, Priddis, Boyd, Swallow / Mzungu, Jacobs, Callinan
RUC: Cox, Smith / Sandilands, Keeffe
FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Fyfe, Goodes, Chapman, Petrie, N. Riewoldt / Darling, Lynch, McKernan
Salary Cap: $273,300
Trades Left: 8

I'm thinking of doing Z.Smith -> J.Tippet and swapping Petrie into the rucks and going D.Mundy -> J. Bartel.
Then, next week pick up Shaw and Swan for Swallow and Heppell.
And then, grab Fisher for Toy (or Pedersen/Puopolo/Hibberd) after R14.

I think this will probably work out best, although I do lose some money on Heppell and Fisher goes up even more, but it seems the only way to not have a 0...

Help/Thoughts please? :)

what are you going to do in 2 weeks when Cox has the bye and Sandi is still sucking his toe?

I can't understand trading Cross out. It goes against all of the principles of SC. He is at rockbottom price, and has the potential to score over 100 regularly. If he's your biggest problem, you would have an amazing team.

Surely you'd keep him and focus on upgrading your rookie players who will tire, lose money, or be rested entirely.

Secondly, Dogs can only improve from their start to the year which will help Cross get more points.

edit: not aimed at J Squad - there has just been lots of talk about trading Cross, and I don't get it at all.
Yeah I totally agree, I think the idea of getting rid of him is purely emotional and not tactical, especially on my behalf. But glad I was able to correct myself before blowing that trade, and getting rid of two rookies and keeping Cross.

Knowing my luck, Cross will tag S. Thompson tonight :eek:

If the situation is right and I've got trades left, I might bring him in for Iles or someone like that just to warm the pine - after their last by that is, purely as finals backup.

I've asked this in a few different threads recently and cant get an answer.

Where can I get historical scoring data?

i.e. Ablett vs Hawthorn (last 5 games)

That sort of thing.

TIA

I can't understand trading Cross out. It goes against all of the principles of SC. He is at rockbottom price, and has the potential to score over 100 regularly. If he's your biggest problem, you would have an amazing team.

Surely you'd keep him and focus on upgrading your rookie players who will tire, lose money, or be rested entirely.

Secondly, Dogs can only improve from their start to the year which will help Cross get more points.

edit: not aimed at J Squad - there has just been lots of talk about trading Cross, and I don't get it at all.

The problem with Cross this season in terms of SC is that he is playing a negating role nearly every week. I honestly can't see that changing this season because I'm sure the plan is to look at 2012 and beyond. He may pop up and get a good score here and there but I think this will be his role for most games in 2011.

I'm tempted to bring Enright in to bolster my backline.

He's absolutely dirt cheap, but the only thing stopping me from going ahead with the move is Geelong's bye in the finals. How is everyone else approaching the temptation to draft Geelong players?

Is Geelong's bye week the second round of SC finals? In other words, if I finish top 4 and am good enough to win my first week, it won't matter how many Geelong players I have (in terms of league result).

I'm tempted to bring Enright in to bolster my backline.

He's absolutely dirt cheap, but the only thing stopping me from going ahead with the move is Geelong's bye in the finals. How is everyone else approaching the temptation to draft Geelong players?

Is Geelong's bye week the second round of SC finals? In other words, if I finish top 4 and am good enough to win my first week, it won't matter how many Geelong players I have (in terms of league result).

I'm treating it as a massive incentive to firstly get into the top four of my leagues and then win the first final, thus avoiding a league final that week. Though I only have Bartel and Enright, so I'm not overloaded there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with Cross this season in terms of SC is that he is playing a negating role nearly every week. I honestly can't see that changing this season because I'm sure the plan is to look at 2012 and beyond. He may pop up and get a good score here and there but I think this will be his role for most games in 2011.

At most you make 25 points per week by trading him to a premium mid.

Surely anyone with Cross would have a rookie playing they could upgrade and gain a greater points difference?

It also doesn't allow for Cross's role to change or form to improve.

Stanley to Strauss for cash and likely stable back up player or Z.Smith to Griffin to avoid donut ?? Advice appreciated...

anyone have any advice on the Mundy-Selwood trade double? those pimp my side boys reakon ablett and sam mitchell...well thats only possible if youve got about 80k in the bank...shit tip really. or should i just bench selwood?

what do you guys think mundy for boyd.bartel or scotty thompson from crows.thanks:)

thompson has impressed me this season, but is going to drop a lil bit in price this week (unless he pulls out a 160 or something) but im considering him as part of my selwood-mundy dilemma(but so is bartel..)

Forward Downgrade...
Howe or I.Smith.

I like Smith MPP but JS is a worry and the amount of Hawks I have. Plus I want to start him on the field but worried he could be the sub.
Howe sounds like he has better JS and be better forward cover for the rest of the year...

Any suggestions on which way to go.

anyone have any advice on the Mundy-Selwood trade double? those pimp my side boys reakon ablett and sam mitchell...well thats only possible if youve got about 80k in the bank...shit tip really. or should i just bench selwood?
Ablett & Bartel would be my choice and that costs an extra $55,300.
If you went Boyd instead of Ablett, it'd cost you a measly $500 extra all up.

I'm going for a league win (rather than overall), but I'm fairly confident I'll win my first final and get the week off...
I need to get rid of Mundy and I'm tossing up between Bartel, O'Keefe (MPP and league bye) and Mitchell. Thoughts? :)

Forward Downgrade...
Howe or I.Smith.

I like Smith MPP but JS is a worry and the amount of Hawks I have. Plus I want to start him on the field but worried he could be the sub.
Howe sounds like he has better JS and be better forward cover for the rest of the year...

Any suggestions on which way to go.

Tough one. I guess one thing to take into consideration is whether you're going for league or overall success. Melbourne's Rd 16 multi bye is going to be tough for those with overall aspirations, as they share it with Adelaide and Freo and Freo especially have several SC favourites. On the other hand, if you're just going for a league win, Melbourne's bye is of no consequence.

Having said that, I've got both of them...

Mundy > Boyd/Ablett.

Zac Smith > Tippett (Bank the cash and use Petrie as backup)

Or

Sandilands > Goldstien

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back