List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Stan. I won't be surprised if Joey is traded at the end of the year to get another 'quality young player from the draft.'
we just re-signed him he could have left last year but decided against that, why should we trade a player who actually wants to stay loyal? i think that's harsh on Joey despite people wanting extra picks.

Would be a fair trade for both clubs, & might be the catalyst for Butch to display his talents..The killer is, Rhys is capable also of becoming a contested mark key forward..Both have been criticised for not meeting their supporter's expectations, & heading home might alleviate that expectation..Both clubs will be taking a punt, but the pay off would be worth it..
I love the trade from our perspective but have doubts it would interest Port.

IMO Stanley's draft value is around pick 30-40 whereas Butcher could still get a return of a pick around 15-25.

we just re-signed him he could have left last year but decided against that, why should we trade a player who actually wants to stay loyal? i think that's harsh on Joey despite people wanting extra picks.

Not what I want.

I think there's a clear strategy in place to move on a player with draft value every year as part of the rebuild.

BJ then Dal...this year I reckon it will be Joey....or Armo. Ben was not planned for IMO. An opportunity was there and we took it.

Butcher for Stanley, for a number of obvious reasons..Gilbee will get Butch on track with his kicking..At least we've seen glimpses of what Butch is capable of across four quarters.. As much as I would like to persist with Rhys, his second half form will dictate if we keep him or use him as trade bait..

No, no, no.
I have seen butcher in the SANFL.no point trading stanley for him.

Butcher is a SANFL player. Not afl standard.

Good for the club though, if done respectfully.

Hasn't turned out too well for the players so far. They've gone to decent contracts but Goddard walked right into the Essendope scandal and North's still the erratic mid-table mob they were before Dal joined.

3AW Football ‏@3AWisfootball 5m
More
Richardson: 'We are going to be big on getting quality young players in the draft this year. We won't really touch free agency' #AFL
To continue this apparently he also said he is happy with our inside midfielders and will be looking for good fast, skilled midfielders during the draft etc. (Besides our first pick i think that's a lock for a tall).

butcher for stanley doesnt make much sense.

trading out for a resting ruck who can play fwd for another tom lee type fwd. we dont have any other options to cover stanley either
Yeah, agree both average.

I hope my plan comes true draft McCartin/Wright while flogging Boyd/Patton end of next year. :D

For those interested here is Richo's comments about list management maybe start it at about 55:00 http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/300514-footypreview.mp3

Basically stated our focus won't be on Free Agency but will be on drafting and probably trading. Focus will be finding someone to support Nick and looking for players with speed and class as they're happy with the ball winners in Dunstan, Ross, Armo etc..

Personally going by that I think we'll keep our first pick draft a tall and won't be going after Shiel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our current form continues theres a very good case for a priority pick to head our way. No more than 8 wins over 2 years was the last criteria set for priority picks. I seriously cant see us winning another game and if we keep getting thumped every week theres no way the AFL can ignore our situation

I think he's saying that he won't get a free agent not denying he would go after a player from another club. That's because a guy in the free agency window is already a seasoned player that is mid 20s. Next year or the year after free agency looks better. Doesn't say we won't trade for players. Shiel is a trade option because he doesn't qualify for FA yet. We would have to give up something to get him. Polec came from Brisbane and has become a pivotal player for Port. If we could get Shiel for our second round pick or even better the AFL see how shitty we are and give us a priority pick and we get 2 first rounds and Shiel. You got's to dream.

If our current form continues theres a very good case for a priority pick to head our way. No more than 8 wins over 2 years was the last criteria set for priority picks. I seriously cant see us winning another game and if we keep getting thumped every week theres no way the AFL can ignore our situation

Just can't see it happening, because the Dogs and Dees will cry foul

Watching last nights game was infuriating. One thing that stood out is we need quality midfielders. Too often the Pies had clean clearances and broke away without pressure from us giving clean delivery inside their forward 50. On the other hand, Jack Steven, our best midfielder continued to butcher the footy going forward for us creating turnover after turnover.

I know we are crying out for talls this draft but I personally hope we take the conservative approach and pick the best midfielder from the draft. As we know midfielders are less risk in the draft and come on a lot quicker. With a pick inside the top 3 we will likely have the best midfielder available to us.

On a positive note, I thought Dunstan extracted the footy well but had little outside run to give the footy too. Usually the outlet player was flat footed and under pressure or just poorly skilled. We need to compliment Dunstan's inside work. An inside/outside mid like Pendlebury/Cotchin is what we need.

You can forget priority picks....

I'd seriously consider trading Jack Steven. His footskills are a real worry and what separates him from being a very good player and an elite player. I would trade him for Dylan Shiel in a heartbeat.

Trade bait we have none.

Armo yes but why would you move him on? Where would he go and who would want him. I am being really harsh here but there are plenty of in and under one paced players in most lists. I would keep him. Stanley has no currency I would not pick him up if I was a recruiter. Potential is one thing but he is a poor second ruckman and a poor KPP who has talent but cannot put it on the park. We are dreaming.

Our best bet is the Bruce Delaney Longer option, find a player that is not getting an opportunity and work out a deal that works for the player and the two clubs.

IMHO there will be leakage from GWS and GCS and maybe Port with players who are not getting the opportunity and want to come home and play footy in Melbourne. Wait and see what pops up also we have money in our cap to pay a good price if the right one comes along.

So I reckon we will get a quality forward in the draft and probably another through some swap of picks and hopefully a 22-25 y/o mid that is banging the door down to play.

Having said that the McEvoy trade is looking less good by the day. I thought we were a clear winner now it is parity as Savage has not lived up to the hype.

Trade bait we have none.

Armo yes but why would you move him on? Where would he go and who would want him. I am being really harsh here but there are plenty of in and under one paced players in most lists. I would keep him. Stanley has no currency I would not pick him up if I was a recruiter. Potential is one thing but he is a poor second ruckman and a poor KPP who has talent but cannot put it on the park. We are dreaming.

Our best bet is the Bruce Delaney Longer option, find a player that is not getting an opportunity and work out a deal that works for the player and the two clubs.

IMHO there will be leakage from GWS and GCS and maybe Port with players who are not getting the opportunity and want to come home and play footy in Melbourne. Wait and see what pops up also we have money in our cap to pay a good price if the right one comes along.

So I reckon we will get a quality forward in the draft and probably another through some swap of picks and hopefully a 22-25 y/o mid that is banging the door down to play.

Having said that the McEvoy trade is looking less good by the day. I thought we were a clear winner now it is parity as Savage has not lived up to the hype.
Dunstan by himself makes it a win. Everything else is gravy.

I wish, would be very very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back