List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish, would be very very handy.

yeh i'm with stanley. if were the same next year then i think were a chance. right now no.

our biggest issue is run and spread. given richo's comments that stanley highlighted about outside players, i think were looking to address that area now. we need elite runners to compliment the likes of dunstan

what was o'rourkes combine like?

God I'm sick of people whinging about the Big Boy trade because Savage has been no good. If I was to pick one of McEvoy and Dunstan right now I would go Dunstan. Not to mention we got the upgrade that got us Acres as well. So many people must think it was a straight swap by the sound of it.

Even Dermie this morning said we were the winners out of that trade... Dermie!

Trade bait we have none.

Armo yes but why would you move him on? Where would he go and who would want him. I am being really harsh here but there are plenty of in and under one paced players in most lists. I would keep him. Stanley has no currency I would not pick him up if I was a recruiter. Potential is one thing but he is a poor second ruckman and a poor KPP who has talent but cannot put it on the park. We are dreaming.

Our best bet is the Bruce Delaney Longer option, find a player that is not getting an opportunity and work out a deal that works for the player and the two clubs.

IMHO there will be leakage from GWS and GCS and maybe Port with players who are not getting the opportunity and want to come home and play footy in Melbourne. Wait and see what pops up also we have money in our cap to pay a good price if the right one comes along.

So I reckon we will get a quality forward in the draft and probably another through some swap of picks and hopefully a 22-25 y/o mid that is banging the door down to play.

Having said that the McEvoy trade is looking less good by the day. I thought we were a clear winner now it is parity as Savage has not lived up to the hype.

GWS might want him, they need a bit of experience in the middle. If Shiel were to ask for a trade to us I think we could offer up Armo and a 2nd round pick.

God I'm sick of people whinging about the Big Boy trade because Savage has been no good. If I was to pick one of McEvoy and Dunstan right now I would go Dunstan. Not to mention we got the upgrade that got us Acres as well. So many people must think it was a straight swap by the sound of it.

Even Dermie this morning said we were the winners out of that trade... Dermie!
I don't believe you.

To continue this apparently he also said he is happy with our inside midfielders and will be looking for good fast, skilled midfielders during the draft etc. (Besides our first pick i think that's a lock for a tall).

Great cos that's what I've been harping on for the last 2 or 3 months :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking at the ladder predictor for me we finishing 2nd last by a game. GWS last.

given the amount of talls they already have and how the top 3 is shaping up it will be interesting to see what they do trade/draft wise
If they don't trade it they'll 100% take Wright/McCartin IMO you would think they wouldn't be they will. They won't draft any SA/WA etc kids

If GWS finish last and us second last why would we not package together a couple of players to trade them for no1 pick. Like Gilbert and Gwilt and perhaps even throw in a fourth round pick.

GWS would take Wright or Durdin IMO. Ruck and tall defenders their weakness IMO.
Mumford, Giles, Lobb, Downie, Phillips - Ruck is a weakness? no it isn't.... They always draft Victorian kids for a reason though and if they have Pick 1 no club at all is going to overlook the best kid in the draft even if they have many player who play the same position.

Mumford, Giles, Lobb, Downie, Phillips - Ruck is a weakness? no it isn't.... They always draft Victorian kids for a reason though and if they have Pick 1 no club at all is going to overlook the best kid in the draft even if they have many player who play the same position.

its more the resting ruck. they dont really have a ruck that can kick goals like a tippett/cox/nic nat/hale etc can

Mummy is hardly on the park and the rest are bums. I'll change my statement to GWS lack top quality ruck depth. Forgot about their penchant for vice metro players. Durdin exactly what they need IMO.

If GWS finish last and us second last why would we not package together a couple of players to trade them for no1 pick. Like Gilbert and Gwilt and perhaps even throw in a fourth round pick.
I think we will make a pretty hard play for the no.1 or no.2 pick. One KPF is neccessary but if we could pick up a Kosi (and not **** his career) would just be icing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back