List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder whether the recruiting team may have been somewhat overruled by Richo and/or Finnis, who have both been talking about the huge monetary cost of snaring a "gun KPF" and given how massively in debt we are, it probably wouldn't surprise if we choose to get one any way we can now, so long as they don't cost us a fortune.

I don't mind if we pick Paddy if we see him as the best available, but we're not coming out and saying "he's the best", we're effectively saying "we'll pick him because he won't cost us as much money as someone else will".

I'm starting to wonder whether the recruiting team may have been somewhat overruled by Richo and/or Finnis, who have both been talking about the huge monetary cost of snaring a "gun KPF" and given how massively in debt we are, it probably wouldn't surprise if we choose to get one any way we can now, so long as they don't cost us a fortune.
If this is the case, I will be extremely disappointed. #1 is a multi-million dollar decision in itself, back the recruiters 100%. Didn't Finnis say he wouldn't let the recruiters decide on #1 without his opinion, earlier in the year?

Wasn't a lame response at all.

Just a response to you being angry at the club for not trading pick 1 for 3 and 23 after one guy, with QUESTIONABLE reliability at BEST, comes out and tweets PM has firmed favourite as pick 1.

If it plays out and we so pick PM I will share the frustration, but it seems preemptive to get the pitch forks out on the back of one tweet by Sam McLure

Fair enough, I agree we should wait until Thursday. I am far too emotionally invested in this stupid fricking trade/draft period.

Never rated petracca anyway!
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll check those when I get home but usually the top 10 or so is pretty good from memory?

Yeah, her top 10 was pretty much spot on (just had Salem and Freeman around the wrong way) but after about pick 14 it becomes pretty inaccurate. Not her fault though as doing a Phantom would be hard.

I don't mind if we pick Paddy if we see him as the best available, but we're not coming out and saying "he's the best", we're effectively saying "we'll pick him because he won't cost us as much money as someone else will".

Yeah, then we use the money we save on a key forward on a gun mid and still have extra left to fill other holes.

Yeah, her top 10 was pretty much spot on (just had Salem and Freeman around the wrong way) but after about pick 14 it becomes pretty inaccurate. Not her fault though as doing a Phantom would be hard.
i bet if lobb went to gws like she said then it would of looked more correct IMO

A friend of mine thinks we where talking about Caleb Marchbank in the draft video i havn't been able to view it yet but what are peoples thoughts if this is the case? yeah or neh?

In the recent one? We already released a video a month or two back discussing the Calebs, Marchbank and Daniel so I don't think they'd talk about him again. What they said didn't really match up with him either.

I'll be philosophical about it. But I must say my overriding emotion is disappointment.
If it happens it's hard to feel anything else, especially if all the mail continues to be along the lines of "Petracca failed a test" or McCartin won't cost us as much money as another gun KPF will", rather than "we're taking the one we consider to be the best player", which is what the club kept on telling us would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back