List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor should he be (not being a smart arse).
I'd be pretty comfortable with the assertion that he'll get drafted, but he's not even mentioned as a late pick option by Cal.

The latest tweets have me very very curious.... Does the 'Late testing curve ball' mean there's an issue Petracca? His hips?

Maybe the hips are way worse than first predicted....
You'd think wouldn't you...

I know just how bad hips can be; I'm up to operation number four, and only avoiding a double replacement because I reckon I'm too young... They've been the cause of ongoing hamstring, back, groin and knee issues issues as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sMQoX48.gif

jesus.... it looks like its really happening....

ballsy move....very ballsy

I fully support our club but this will prove to be a big mistake IMO. Petracca looks like one of the most complete junior players in recent drafts. Gets the ball on the inside and outside, takes marks, kicks goals, good tank, he's quick, can jump and plays multiple positions. Geez I hope Paddy proves me wrong and becomes a worthy pick 1.

For all of you lads and ladies who never had the immense pleasure of watching Plugger play live at Moorabbin, I have a gut feeling that big Paddy will bring back the halcyon days to the club.
He is the first genuine power forward with superstar potential who is 194cm plus to come through the draft since a young Jonathon Brown, and we all know what he achieved.
Get excited, the rebuild continues and I already have a D'arcy Parish and Tucker double locked away for next year.

For all of you lads and ladies who never had the immense pleasure of watching Plugger play live at Moorabbin, I have a gut feeling that big Paddy will bring back the halcyon days to the club.
He is the first genuine power forward with superstar potential who is 194cm plus to come through the draft since a young Jonathon Brown, and we all know what he achieved.
Get excited, the rebuild continues and I already have a D'arcy Parish and Tucker double locked away for next year.
Don't rate Boyd? :confused:

Behind Cameron, boyd and patton??

I fully support our club but this will prove to be a big mistake IMO. Petracca looks like one of the most complete junior players in recent drafts. Gets the ball on the inside and outside, takes marks, kicks goals, good tank, he's quick, can jump and plays multiple positions. Geez I hope Paddy proves me wrong and becomes a worthy pick 1.
Reckon for the next 2-3 years it will seem as a mistake but then Paddy will come good and balance out the equation. Most big men's first couple of seasons aren't inspiring but year 3 they start to have an impact. Got to hope we get some good ball users in picks 21-22.

(On this theory look out for Spencer this year!)

Something that I have meant to say for a while, this does not effect my personal ranking of CP, however it is something that recruiters would have noted,

I have seen Christian Petracca play against players with bodies ready for AFL football twice. Both times he has been beaten, once quite convincingly, the other time he performed well but his opponent ran rampant and dominated despite poor conditions and a slight size disadvantage. In the second outing, what was very noticeable was his opponent beating Petracca for pure football smarts, doing the small things that are harder to teach - instinctively reading the ball, using his body efficiently instead of throwing his weight around and leading team-mates, much moreso than CP. Yes it's things that Petracca can work on in an elite sports environment, but it just seemed like he was missing a certain edge. Moreover, in the first outing, in the 3rd when his team was losing and he was performing very, very poorly, CP got extremely frustrated and confronted the opposition unnecessarily and tried to get in their face despite it being a game not played for premiership points.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back