List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypothetical time again...

Let's say we get McCartin, DAN McKenzie, Neal-Bullen (as per Twomey's draft) and Lonie in the ND... Butler and Le Grice in the RD, and then Tucker and Parish (PP) next season...

U23s;
FB: Wright - Le Grice - Webster
HB: Newnes - Bruce - McKenzie
CR: Acres - Membrey - Billings
HF: Markworth - White - Templeton
FF: Lonie - McCartin - Pierce
RK: Longer - Dunstan - Tucker

Left over: Ross, Neal-Bullen, Weller, Butler, Minchington, Parish, Murdoch, Curren, Siposs, Saunders

Still need a ruck/fwd on that look...

Last edited:
Maybe, after all we dodged Judds shoulders and that worked a treat.
Hate that argument, cos if we'd managed Luke Ball properly, we'd have had an absolute ****ing jet for 15 years, instead of a broken man by the age of 26 & retired by 30 at another club. He might not have ever reached Judds level, but he'd still have been a awesome player.

Joff, mate, this is getting BigMart on Hickey-esque...

You're not happy. We all get it. I've got misgivings too, but I'm keeping my powder dry until it ACTUALLY happens, and hopefully until it plays out a bit.

No point in potting the club until it's actually a **** up.

No BM hates Hickey - I will support McCartin to the hilt like I support every siingle player who pulls on the Saints jumper.

But you are correct, the name has not been called out.

Wont have anything left for Thursday night if I keep having a go at the club :D

Seriouusly though I will be disappointed, but wont make any difference to our performances next season.

Hope we get some quality sliders @ 21 and 22 and 41.

no mention of Barrel's man McKenzie anywhere in that article by my reading. #1 Rookie Pick, that would be a win!
FWIW, I think we should take McKenzie with pick 41 if he is still available even if we do pick McCartin. If McCartin is good enough to pass on Petracca, then he better be good enough to build a decent tank. Have him at CHF post Reiwoldt, McKenzie at FF, with White playing a tall flanker role.

So, where are those Paddy highlights videos? While I saw him play in those televised champs games, he was pretty underwhelming there and I haven't bothered to watch his highlights vids as I figured we were going the CP route, so it's probably time to check them out!
im sure joff can sort you out with carts' highlights

So, where are those Paddy highlights videos? While I saw him play in those televised champs games, he was pretty underwhelming there and I haven't bothered to watch his highlights vids as I figured we were going the CP route, so it's probably time to check them out!

You could be right, we dodged that bullet with Judds shoulders as well

I'll defer to the medical experts on the forum but I am off the understanding that shoulders unlike ACL's are basically back to 100% post reconstruction.
I will never get over the JUDD miss. Ever Ever Ever eVER. Although WC made him an extraordinary player in an extraordinary midfield.

Hypothetical time again...

Let's say we get McCartin, DAN McKenzie, a sliding Duggan and Lonie in the ND
i seriously never payed attention to dan mckenzie this year, do you rate him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate that argument, cos if we'd managed Luke Ball properly, we'd have had an absolute ******* jet for 15 years, instead of a broken man by the age of 26 & retired by 30 at another club. He might not have ever reached Judds level, but he'd still have been a awesome player.

He had OP before we got him.

Not selecting Judd cost us one flag at least.

Lets hope we aren't saying the same about Petracca in 10 years

where was this 2 cents last week?
In the back of my mind, I wasn't worried as all his positive traits outweighed this, and they still do.
With most competent clubs, yes,with ours??????????
Yes you're right, our last #1 pick key forward Nick Riewoldt was a complete hack, how that guy gets a game is beyond me, our club has really screwed up our #1 picks in the past! :rolleyes:
And it starts...
Spare me.

OCT 16
He absolutely thumps them, can kick up to 60m+ with the wind, which is why his kicking has been kind of masked at the U18 level. He isn't a very accurate kick but he can completely roost his kicks.

SEPT 13 (asked to rate his kicking)

[Disagree, Petracca is a nice kick on his right, not elite, but not bad either. I would rate him a 7/10 at this stage and a lot better than Judd at the same age.
IMHO he is a way better player than Wines, he plays him on a break in the athleticism stakes. (other poster)]
6.5 for me. Best player in the crop, but kicking needs work. He's not CJ, he is a serviceable kick but for a #1 pick I want more.

July 14

I'd take Billings, Aish and particularly Kelly so far ahead of Petracca it's not funny. Jack was a real goal kicking, match winning machine for Metro, Aish as silky as they come with senior experience and Kelly in a class of his own in terms of running ability. > EVIDENCE http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-draft-prospects.1067101/page-45#post-34043612
I have since changed my opinion, I would take Petracca above Aish as a non-SA based side, and it would be closer between he and Kelly/Billings.

FWIW, I think we should take McKenzie with pick 41 if he is still available even if we do pick McCartin. If McCartin is good enough to pass on Petracca, then he better be good enough to build a decent tank. Have him at CHF post Reiwoldt, McKenzie at FF, with White playing a tall flanker role.
A good idea. We will need a ruck/fwd next year and beyond. Imagine we will go with 2 of Hickey/Longer/Pierce for most of year but not convinced it is the solution long term especially against those teams that don't play 2 ruckman (eg. Richmond/Collingwood).

None of White, Lee, McCartin, Membrey, Bruce able to back up in ruck well enough IMO.

He had OP before we got him.

Not selecting Judd cost us one flag at least.

Lets hope we aren't saying the same about Petracca in 10 years
We didn't pick Judd because we were worried about his shoulders but picked a player knowing he had OP? I find that hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back