List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm embarrassed to say... :oops:

Cause it was written by Barrett...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-13/sliding-doors-round-13

Im sure he is reasonable at his job but I do question his depth of trade/draft. He went neg. hard when Melb traded to get Tyson and not for the first time has shown a lack of anything other than reporting the obvious. But he does report it very well.
And he has a point.
If we had the money for Shaw , I do wonder how we are structuring our payments. Are we setting ourselfs up for the ability to get a big fish? A Danger.ious fish? Or do we thing there are other more gettable players?.

HUN listed today that injuried Cats stars Dan Menzel and Nathan Vardy both extended their deals on the AFL lsit for 1 more year.

Menzel is now good till end of 2015, not sure of when Vardy is thru till now....

Go Catters

I wonder what type of contract Menz would be on , and what he would sign for.
I cant find the online link but it was small pice in the sports section of today under " Injured Cats get Extension" or similiar.

Prob Menz has a low $ deal that is enough to carry him, protect us, and more importantly keep him listed to us in the event of nothing but good things happening for him!

Vards I have no idea... maybe another year at the average of his current deal...

Total guess work...

Go Catters

I cant find the online link but it was small pice in the sports section of today under " Injured Cats get Extension" or similiar.

Prob Menz has a low $ deal that is enough to carry him, protect us, and more importantly keep him listed to us in the event of nothing but good things happening for him!

Vards I have no idea... maybe another year at the average of his current deal...

Total guess work...

Go Catters

Its just seem so long since we have seen 10 on the ground yet both players are 09 draft and both have played 21 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's really good form by the club, it says injuries happen, but we don't expect the player to pay the price of that so to speak. :thumbsu:

Any thoughts on maybe rookie-ing Matt Sully??

I think that he has been overrated by some on this board. I think that he is a reasonable VFL player and not much more.

He has been around for 3 years and we have never taken him. As Rabs said, he is a very very good VFL player but every once and while he just misses something badly and it ends up going really badly.

Ive been a fan of his too and, for example, against Coburg he was great. Playing at his best…. but then these moments appears and it is just not good.

He may make it onto another list elsewhere….. but I still like the way he plays…

Go Catters

Good news about Menzel and Vardy, and listening to Scott post match its not too surprising to hear of Menzel getting an extension. When Scott was asked what his ideal forward set-up is, without hesitation he replied "Hawkins, Vardy & Menzel, but we won't have 2 available this year". That says how highly rated Menzel still is at the club (at least by Scott), so not surprising to hear he has been given an extension to have a shot next year.

No way. Seen a bit of of him and he gets burned badly off the mark and left for dead on the lead. Would be worse vs AFL quality forwards.

He can away with it a bit in the VFL but see a lot more in JK, Blicavs and Hamling for our future backline.

Not sure how much you can read into it but the Facebook page AFL draft, trade, free agency, list and general news" claims we are interested in Sydney's Tim Membry, with Carlton and bulldogs heavily chasing him, and also significantly interested in GWS matthew buntine along with hawthorn

Not sure how much you can read into it but the Facebook page AFL draft, trade, free agency, list and general news" claims we are interested in Sydney's Tim Membry, with Carlton and bulldogs heavily chasing him, and also significantly interested in GWS matthew buntine along with hawthorn
Pardon my ignorance but what types of players are they?

Pardon my ignorance but what types of players are they?

Membrey from memory is a good size forward and rated pretty highly but will never break into that forward line now, Kersten like size if I'm not mistaken...I'll double check.

edit: Bit smaller than Kersten, 188/90kg, kicked 47 goals in the NEAFL last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back