List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got Waite I'd follow another club he's that shite on and off the field.

The last one would be worth a look. Rumours are though Dank got to him, could he would have been "on the list" before the club drafted him.
Really? I've never heard that.

And do we really need Frawley?
I think he is way, way over priced.

Not if he takes unders to play at a club with a great culture, a winning culture, to play finals and all that with his mate Rivers

400K ?
ok.
And I wouldn't even say that's unders, I'd say that's what he is worth.
It's been reported he wants 800k.

For supposedly Melbourne's most valuable player, money-wise at least, he's been less than instrumental in the club's improvement this year. Has played up forward all year for only a goal a game. Not worth anything like 800k. Much better as a defender, but we won't see much of him there this year –– many Dees fans think that he's a goner, and that Roos does too, which is why he's playing him out of position.

400K ?
ok.
That was his manager I think dunno. I think Melbourne would be best served letting him go. Like Carlton with Squibbs. A large contract guarantees that they get a pick straight after their first rounder.

Really? I've never heard that.
Well he was drafted to the club in Oct 2012. Had Essendon stopped the program before then. Dank left in September. So you would say so. Doesn't rule out the program continuing or the kid being involved at the club earlier. Just whispers and rumours but yeah...

Pretty sure Daniher was training pre draft with the Dons, allowed as they had confirmed as a FS , no idea what that entales
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes sense to me. Loners is no spring chicken, and if we manage to get him he gives us flexibility in swinging a defender forward
If he's free why not! Same size as Harry! :hearts:

Sort debatable , let me ask you ..forgetting the dollars do we need him or another way would he be a good add?

IMO , Considering the age etc of our talls , the youth of the next in line , and the unusual UFA age of 26 he is a good get.

Now , next we set a price and at our club that's not 800. If he that's he will not be at the Cattery.Id expect his terms to be a little bit elevated but the truth is others will offer more than us, Haw for one who must have dollars after losing Buddy.

Id say the fit at Geelong would be good , Lonergan is not far from going so at its worst, its worth exploring. Id have to say he is more likely to stay now than 8 weeks ago , Melb would be bubbling right now after so many years of being the whipping boy.

400K ?
ok.

Im finding it hard to really get a fix on what anyone is really worth. My reaction is you are right on 800 , but 400 may well be a little light for a player changing clubs with what he can bring. In the day or two , its reported that the young kid Melb have got Hogan may well get offers of 500 to move to WA.
I think the SC is 10M next year? I know we have a tier system but that probably works best for those who have come up from within. I'm think he would jump straight in to our second highest tier but would have the chance to elevate (as they all do ) based on performance B&F etc.

We have a bit of cash thanks to our veterans. Thing is given his age you would probably have to offer him 4 or 5 year deal. Is he that good?

We have a bit of cash thanks to our veterans. Thing is given his age you would probably have to offer him 4 or 5 year deal. Is he that good?

Depends on what you call good. Potentially could be better than Lonergan , so thats pretty good. As I said , most UFA's are 28/29 where you get him at 26. He would be P&P similar but possibly better/ easier for him than Rivers. 1 because he is younger 2 Rivers is here.

And as a FA , I suspect he would be the highest comp for Melb , so they pick up a R1 after their R1. Handy this year as long as they dont get in any other FA's

We don't really need him next year, but the year after the need becomes for another key defender becomes larger. I'd offer him a 5 year 550K contract a good but but not great offer. If he wants off field success, he'll need to take a pay cut, if he wants more I'm sure that there are plenty of other clubs that would offer more.

I doubt that we would delist rivers at the end of this year after only two years, he'll probably get forced out at the end of 2015. Lonergan is contracted until the end of 2015 but if his body is right he'll get another year.

Possible Structure should we get Frawley
2015 Keys Lonergan Frawley, Rivers as the third tall, Taylor at CHF
2016 Keys Lonergan Frawley, Taylor as the third tall
2017 Keys Frawley Taylor, Kolodjashnij or Hamling as third tall.

On the plus side we wouldn't need to draft a key defender any time soon. At it puts less pressure on our young key forwards to perform espcally Vardy coming aback from an ACL. Also it would be the end of Brown's stay at geelong.

The big plus about Frawley is his pace. Very quick for a guy of his size, which means he's pretty versatile. Still, considering his output at age 26, he should be getting what Harry's on minus 100k at the most, if we're being fair about it. Of course fairness being a pretty rare commodity in FA madness.

Hawks have a similar age profile to us in their back line: Lake's 32 and Gibson's 30, plus Schoenmaker is still not very good at football. And the Hawks have a track record of nailing trades like this.

We don't really need him next year, but the year after the need becomes for another key defender becomes larger. I'd offer him a 5 year 550K contract a good but but not great offer. If he wants off field success, he'll need to take a pay cut, if he wants more I'm sure that there are plenty of other clubs that would offer more.

I doubt that we would delist rivers at the end of this year after only two years, he'll probably get forced out at the end of 2015. Lonergan is contracted until the end of 2015 but if his body is right he'll get another year.

Possible Structure should we get Frawley
2015 Keys Lonergan Frawley, Rivers as the third tall, Taylor at CHF
2016 Keys Lonergan Frawley, Taylor as the third tall
2017 Keys Frawley Taylor, Kolodjashnij or Hamling as third tall.

On the plus side we wouldn't need to draft a key defender any time soon. At it puts less pressure on our young key forwards to perform espcally Vardy coming aback from an ACL. Also it would be the end of Brown's stay at geelong.

Not sure Lonergan will go 2 years past this one.

Turbo and Lana, I see all that. I just think the timing is crap.

I can't see Rivers or Lonners leaving.
And I can't see Harry at CHF.

None of it makes sense to me.
We probably need a Enright / Kelly replacement as the priority.
I'd pay good money for an AA quality half back.

It would be nothing short of incompetent not to go after Frawley given Lonergan and Rivers turn 31 next year.

The price tag will work itself out. You've got to back in the list managers to pay only the right price.

I'm hopeful Rivers can get in his ear about how good it is at Cat land.

It would be nothing short of incompetent not to go after Frawley given Lonergan and Rivers turn 31 next year.

The price tag will work itself out. You've got to back in the list managers to pay only the right price.

I think he has. That's why all this is coming out now.

Fair enough.

How do you play these guys in the same team?

HMac
Simpson
Blicavs
Taylor
Lonergan
Rivers
Frawley
Mackie
Vardy
Hawkins
Walker
Kersten
Brown

And then, how do you find a development spot for Kolo or Hamling?

Yes sure I've listed a lot of talls.
But which ones rot in the VFL if we take Frawley.

As per my earlier post, I think the timing is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back