2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading AFL.com

Port’s players were met by a clearly appreciative Ken Hinkley who greeted Jonas with a low five, while Cats coach Chris Scott looked anything but impressed.

The show of aggression did nothing to intimidate the Cats though, who dominated after the first break, booting 15 of the remaining 18 goals scored.

Kern stoked his players rattled their cage after the first quarter siren, Chris Scott worked out a way to win and dominate the rest of the game.

Sums up the coaching ability of the two. Kern is so far out of his depth it aint funny.

Reading AFL.com

Kern stoked his players rattled their cage after the first quarter siren, Chris Scott worked out a way to win and dominate the rest of the game.

Sums up the coaching ability of the two. Kern is so far out of his depth it aint funny.

The only time a coach should be high or low five-ing his players is after winning the grand final.

Reading AFL.com

Lol. Hey! We won something ...... wait

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

It was a selfish performance by Port tonight. One thing I've noticed when they are up and about is that their players get greedy and take potshots at the goals from low percentage spots. Even in the showdown, guys like Jonas and Carlile were taking the low percentage shot on goal from outside 50 instead of passing. Wingard you can probably accept doing that as he has a record of delivering (like Betts) but nearly all their players do it. Their forward coach is terrible.

ok what the **** was that

i have been out all night so hadn't seen any of the scores or anything.. got home and check it and see Geelong won - ok cool - watch the highlights, see what kinda game it was.

holy crap balls did i just watch port adelaide disintegrate into a million tiny pieces? did that melee really happen?

that is by far the most hilarious thing i've seen on a football field for a long time -

They are rubbish

To much Hollywood and no substance.
Yet when all was well in 2014, there were plenty in here preaching how we should be more like them, and how brilliant Ken and Koche were, and they had it all together. ;)

Reading AFL.com

What I found interesting was that during that first qtr melee while Ports on field leaders were puffing their chests with their faux toughness, Scott, Danger and Selwood were locked in intense discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All said and done I hope we smash Geelong when they come to town.

It certainly wont be the cake walk they had after quarter time against Kern and The Sunshine Band.
Yep , nothing else matters. Not Port not them losing but the AFC maintaining a push towards September

What I found interesting was that during that first qtr melee while Ports on field leaders were puffing their chests with their faux toughness, Scott, Danger and Selwood were locked in intense discussion.
<shrug> some see this as focus some see this is not leading

As a player I would have wanted my leaders to be in the middle , either dragging players out or throwing some good ones. In the cold hard light of day the coaches method of focusing works , so externally good move , internally it can create ripples

Toumpas has to be the worst "regular best 22" player in the AFL. Absolute mega hack.
Agreed and whilst they have a few outs at the moment it's only 5 -6 and there is nothing in the cupboard. Good clubs can handle that many outs.It's like they thought we will just build half a list and that should do it!

We as a collective went thru a lot of pain last year with the loss of Walshy, we knew what he was trying to do and the playing group and its supporters were devastated. We had a motto or slogan "We Fly as One" - not everyone understood what it meant when it came out before the start of the 2015 season but the passing of Phil Walsh, it became a rallying cry for all its supporters and the club itself. Whoever came up with it deserves a medal for it has bought us all together.

Now for Port, I'm in finance and the reason most businesses fail is they don't get the foundations right. Don't worry about marketing and gimmicks, make sure you achieve a solid base from which you can grow. What Port have misread are the footy results - in 2013 they were a Monfries kick away from missing the finals (we win, we were in and not them). In 2014, they got off to a blinder 10-1 or thereabouts and then lost games to sides they shouldn't have and had Richmond in the first week of finals who basically won a coin toss and kicked into the wind (amazing decision by Richmond captain) and they got close to Hawthorn but Hawthorn had already taken their foot off the pedal. In 2015, a total misread of their depth and players getting ahead of themselves.

At the end of the day, they gave sacrificed their future on recruiting Ryder, Matt White, Jared Polec, Charlie Dixon and Toumpass.

Tell you what. You have to give it to Port. They always need to out do us. We lose a Friday night, they just HAVE to lose a Saturday night. We (well me ) goes fully lindy from the loss, they go ultra lindy.

They just can't let us have our time in the sun

of course he does, what says "I'm the man" more than vanquishing Kern?

I suspect kochie is quite aroused at the prospect.

Surely he can't be sacked after they extended his contract (even though it didn't run out until the end of this season) for another 2 years! It's not like the vultures were circling trying to poach Hinkley.....

Not a very smart money move from a money man in Koch......

So exactly like us with Sando in '14. The parallels are staggering.

It really is frightening how close Port has done to what we did 2 years ago each year. PF loss to Hawks. Check. Miss finals next year. Check. Extended the coach's contract before it expires. Check

So they're about 2 years back from us? Hopefully we'll have a flag by the time they're starting to come good ;)

Surely he can't be sacked after they extended his contract (even though it didn't run out until the end of this season) for another 2 years! It's not like the vultures were circling trying to poach Hinkley.....

Not a very smart money move from a money man in Koch......
I think it wont matter. Once you lose the crowds , and that will happen , you need to make changes. Weighing up the $$$ and vision of empty seats v $$ contract , I know which one the smart money is on.

This leads to another of my old man rants. ( and I understand the mechanics I just don't like it) Why extend a contract , for anybody , coach or player if someone is '' sniffing around'' . I am a ''keep em hungry'' advocate in contract negotiation.

I like the Alistair Clarkson/Roy Laird model. A handshake and your word should be enough to understand that things will get done in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back