List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm with the others thinking Whitfield might be a tad overrated by that number 1 pick.

Would rather drive a dump truck of money up to Shiels house in 2017
Terrible idea. Shiel is a budding Superstar of the league, but by then we'd have to give up more for Shiel than Collingwood did for Treloar

Shiel isn't a FA in2017 & won't be a FA til the end of 2019 (unless the AFL change the rules before then)

That is the last thing we want to do IMO. That was what Pelchen seemed to want to do. Get multiple players for the one pick. All that usually does is lower the quality. The best chance to get a star is with lower picks even if it means only one pick.

To be fair though that was in weak drafts further weakened by the GWS and GC stripping the first round out and then also ripping under aged players out as well. The picks we had were as good as mid twenties picks in a normal year. He was also big on a draft lead rebuild so I think that's a pretty overstated comment.

To be fair though that was in weak drafts further weakened by the GWS and GC stripping the first round out and then also ripping under aged players out as well. The picks we had were as good as mid twenties picks in a normal year. He was also big on a draft lead rebuild so I think that's a pretty overstated comment.

I don't think so. It's a factual comment. We took multiple players for fairly high picks. If he was smarter maybe combine the high picks for a very high pick. Better than getting a lot of ordinary footballers

I don't think so. It's a factual comment. We took multiple players for fairly high picks. If he was smarter maybe combine the high picks for a very high pick. Better than getting a lot of ordinary footballers

In 2012 we traded away pick 12 for Lee and 24 and 25 or something. That was the draft GWS got the first three picks and went Whitfield Plowman and o'Rourke. After that went Stringer, Mc Crae and Wines then there was Mayes but after that they were a bit hit and miss, The guys we probably would have gone after like Jackshe, Corr etc haven't set the world on fire either. We used 25 and 46 to get Hickey. Apart from James Stewart and Camden Mc intosh there was much after 25 that was worth picking anyway so it was a particularly weak draft after the top 10 so not really a big loss. Most other clubs would have assessed the draft as weak and not wanted to swap two shit picks for a high pick either.

Two shite picks. 12 and 13 even in a compromised draft aren't shit picks. The guy didn't do anything good for us apart from getting multiple players for a little amount of picks. Glad he is gone and it's strange that no one has picked him up. Actually it isn't at all. It's expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two shite picks. 12 and 13 even in a compromised draft aren't shit picks. The guy didn't do anything good for us apart from getting multiple players for a little amount of picks. Glad he is gone and it's strange that no one has picked him up. Actually it isn't at all. It's expected

I was under the impression no one picked him up because they couldn't. Isn't he currently helping develop a National Talent Database for the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2012 we traded away pick 12 for Lee and 24 and 25 or something. That was the draft GWS got the first three picks and went Whitfield Plowman and o'Rourke. After that went Stringer, Mc Crae and Wines then there was Mayes but after that they were a bit hit and miss, The guys we probably would have gone after like Jackshe, Corr etc haven't set the world on fire either. We used 25 and 46 to get Hickey. Apart from James Stewart and Camden Mc intosh there was much after 25 that was worth picking anyway so it was a particularly weak draft after the top 10 so not really a big loss. Most other clubs would have assessed the draft as weak and not wanted to swap two shit picks for a high pick either.
Lee + 24 + 45 for pick 12

Hickey + 25 + 46 for picks 13 + 36 + 55

He spent a decade doing the same role at clubs like Hawthorn as well. Dont pretend that just because a single year resulted in average players that he was useless, particuallly when ignoring how compromised it was despite everyone on here constantly reminding you of it.

He spent a decade doing the same role at clubs like Hawthorn as well. Dont pretend that just because a single year resulted in average players that he was useless, particuallly when ignoring how compromised it was despite everyone on here constantly reminding you of it.

Nothing to do with s single year. I don't rate the guy for his work and from what ive heard as a bloke. He got many dud picks at Hawthorn that were top 10 picks. And I don't think he did the same role at the Hawks for a decade.

They aren't ?
Don't talk numbers, Chris Judd wasn't in that draft tell us who you think we should have drafted with those picks. Were you talking about them before the draft ?
Personally i think Hickey is a lot better than a lot here credit.

They aren't ?
Don't talk numbers, Chris Judd wasn't in that draft tell us who you think we should have drafted with those picks. Were you talking about them before the draft ?
Personally i think Hickey is a lot better than a lot here credit.

I like Hickey as well but then the club went and got Longer. I don't think you spend to highish picks on rucks in 2 years. Surely they knew only one can really play at a time unless one can successfully play forward. And I have no idea who I would have drafted. Don't follow that stuff at all except Sandy Dragons players because I know a bit about them. Just think Pelchen didn't do much good for our club.

I like Hickey as well but then the club went and got Longer. I don't think you spend to highish picks on rucks in 2 years. Surely they knew only one can really play at a time unless one can successfully play forward. And I have no idea who I would have drafted. Don't follow that stuff at all except Sandy Dragons players because I know a bit about them. Just think Pelchen didn't do much good for our club.

Longer was after we traded McEvoy. To me the dilemma is that we have two reasonably good rucks at a similar level of development.
Pick 25 for Longer was a bargain though, and far better than paying similar money for a "backup" ruck, like Shaun Hampson.

I'd take Lee over Jaksch tbh

Both are poor, but one has shown he can at least compete at AFL level

Is Whitfield just outside? If he is, I wouldn't pay heaps for him.

I'd take Lee over Jaksch tbh

Both are poor, but one has shown he can at least compete at AFL level

Is Whitfield just outside? If he is, I wouldn't pay heaps for him.

He's a bit like Gaff at the moment, receives a lot of the footy. Apparently he's been working on it with Lenny over the summer and will be looking to improve it though so he's got that going for him.

Longer was after we traded McEvoy. To me the dilemma is that we have two reasonably good rucks at a similar level of development.
Pick 25 for Longer was a bargain though, and far better than paying similar money for a "backup" ruck, like Shaun Hampson.

I don't care what others paid for another player, we used pretty good picks on 2 ruckmen in successive years when it surely became obviously that 2 good ruckmen aren't required in the same side unless they are reallt forwards as well. Another indication of Pelchen getting multiple picks just in case he stuffs up the first.

I don't care what others paid for another player, we used pretty good picks on 2 ruckmen in successive years when it surely became obviously that 2 good ruckmen aren't required in the same side unless they are reallt forwards as well. Another indication of Pelchen getting multiple picks just in case he stuffs up the first.

Taking hickey with a high Draft pick in a shit year then developing for a few years and trading for another high pick in a good draft could be a brilliant idea. Same with longer.

I would argue that they weren't good Rickman when they came across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back