List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would agree. Its the pick number that means they should be good ruckmen. If people are happy with Pelchen can you tell me all the good picks he did for the club?
That was the first draft of our rebuild, except before out we didn't really have any kids to rebuild with. Think of us trading our first rounders for 2 2nd round picks. Dogs did it last year didn't they?

I don't get your position over Longer, bargain pick. Was always a good chance with for the on sell later and doubt we would of been worse off.

I've never thought Longer & Hickey work on the same list let alone 22. Where's Pierce at? Is he suitable depth or simply unable to play a game at the top level? If he can provide depth, trade one of Hickey or Longer for the best midfielder possible...through a trade or draft. Both on the list are a waste of pretty decent & unusable assets. It's like having two new cars & you only drive one & the other stays in the garage, permanently.

That was the first draft of our rebuild, except before out we didn't really have any kids to rebuild with. Think of us trading our first rounders for 2 2nd round picks. Dogs did it last year didn't they?

I don't get your position over Longer, bargain pick. Was always a good chance with for the on sell later and doubt we would of been worse off.

I would hope we aren't recruiting players because they maybe good to on sell later. I don't see the point of 2 good picks for a ruckman. Doubt many clubs have done it lately as clubs have realised you only need one good ruckman. And WB did do that last year but their list is in a far different position to ours. I have said previously I'm biased against Pelchen but I still fail to see what good he did our club.

I would argue that they weren't good Rickman when they came across.
tumblr_o0y2gckVYT1s31zf6o1_400.gif

"There's only ever been one really good Rickman"

what do you guys think about grabbing someone like gaff to replace montagna?

As with everything in this thread, comes down to the cost. A few years back maybe but Gaff would cost a 1st round pick now. I think at the end of this year is the start of our club/management looking to have a dip at free agency. Unless an outside mid/receiver pops up in the free agency pool I can't see us paying for one at market price.

I would take Shiel over Whitfield, but Shiel would cost far far more than Whitfield, ie: easily two 1st round picks & similar to the Pies/Treloar deal, whereas Whitfield would cost one 1st round pick with maybe a 3rd rounder as well

If we draft Wil Brodie at years end, then hopefully he would become our Dylan Shiel, which is why I like the idea of Whitfield. He won't cost as much & certainly fits a huge need on our list (elite outside skill & pace)

Two shite picks. 12 and 13 even in a compromised draft aren't shit picks. The guy didn't do anything good for us apart from getting multiple players for a little amount of picks. Glad he is gone and it's strange that no one has picked him up. Actually it isn't at all. It's expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon you have heard he was a bit of a control freak and an egotist which I have heard but I'm not concerned by that. He at least went back and set a path. I think the way we have done it will pay dividends but we look like we got gun shy and strayed from that path early last year. He had big balls and did unpopular list management decisions. Because we didn't stay around the mark we weren't able to do what Geelong did and rebuild on the hop we had to go back and start again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care what others paid for another player, we used pretty good picks on 2 ruckmen in successive years when it surely became obviously that 2 good ruckmen aren't required in the same side unless they are reallt forwards as well. Another indication of Pelchen getting multiple picks just in case he stuffs up the first.

I think it's like the hawks did where they got several si liar types and when some looked spuds they got moved on. Then move on to the next type. The fact that 2 have worked out is a bonus but so far there have been chunks of season where one of the 2 are not right to play. Hickeys knee last year, Longers shoulder this year.

I reckon you have heard he was a bit of a control freak and an egotist which I have heard but I'm not concerned by that. He at least went back and set a path. I think the way we have done it will pay dividends but we look like we got gun shy and strayed from that path early last year. He had big balls and did unpopular list management decisions. Because we didn't stay around the mark we weren't able to do what Geelong did and rebuild on the hop we had to go back and start again.

Why did we stray last year but not the year we got lee and hickey who were both unproven ex afl footballers. I'm guessing freeman and Carlisle will play a lot more footy than those 2 even though I rate hickey as a ruckman. Can you tell me all the things he did that are helping us now because I'm failing to remember many. And I don't care what he was like as a person I care that it was all about him.

plugger66

With your knowledge of Whitfield most likely re-signing, are there any other types like he you think we should pursue?

My 2nd choice would be Sam Mayes but he looks set to head home to Adelaide, then there isn't much else around in that classy outside mid category

plugger66

With your knowledge of Whitfield most likely re-signing, are there any other types like he you think we should pursue?

My 2nd choice would be Sam Mayes but he looks set to head home to Adelaide, then there isn't much else around in that classy outside mid category

To be honest drafting and trading players isn't my strong suit as far as names go. I know the type we need though and it's exactly a Whitfield type. Outside run and carry. If we could get any of that type in the afl it would johannson

Would love but probably cost to much. Hows lamb going over there?

had a good game week just gone. 4 goals. got possessions the week before but was well held by my mob.

he's like acres... so so so slow and not talented enough fwd. might be an upgrade on membrey

its looking like theyve convinced both hooker and hogan to come to their club

That would be huge - Hogan is not unexpected. I think his body language is not just frustration at his own game!!!!

I do feel sorry for Melbourne though as he is a player you can build a club around. However they would expect at least 2 1st rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back