List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does every one see the risk factor?
Cerra
Bonar
Brayshaw
Coffield
Higgins
Fogarty
Hunter

Not just at our club, but at others, I would think that Collingwood and Freo will be pretty hard on young players, Bonar at Freo could be about the worst combination, he'd be coming off two virtually missing years through injury, going all the way West into a club and coach that have a poor record of developing kids an already high risk pick becomes even higher risk.
Any kid that is a bit flakey at Collingwood could be the end of him, purely from Nathan's desire for many Nathans.
Purely from the competition aspect Naughton could have problems at the Saints. The same issue for Worpel if he comes at pick 35, if we get two mids then there's a lot of competition not just for staring 18 and 22 but also for best 30.

Hypothetocal-

If those arse hats at Hawthorn had kept up their end of the bargain and finished bottom 3, we would have access to LDU, Dow or Rayner

If that was the case, how would that effect who we went with at 8?

Would we feel we go a bit riskier or consolidate with a more sure thing / low ceiling?

Hi all,

pardon the intrusion, hopefully this is the right place to put this!

Just giving a heads up that on Monday 6th of November at 7:30pm I will be chatting with 2 of the Co-founders of AFL Draft Central, Pie 4 life and Bishop (who post a bit on the drafts board here) to speak to them about the upcoming draft.

they will be giving their top 20 player rankings, a in depth review of 8 players (4 each) that have impressed them the most this year as well as a 1st round mock draft.

You will be able to listen to it live via our Spreaker link (which i will post in here on Monday) and you can even use the chat client to ask any specific questions about players you might be after etc.
Pie 4 Life? Bishop?

w***ers. Both of ‘em.

178?

Kent's a giant!

Barrels ?
Can play but slower and defensively lacking (though he’s getting better). Very committed to being the best, but very much a FIGJAM. Can be lazy with his disposal at times too.

The comparisons to Gresh offend me insofar as he hasn’t got the sidestep or the creativity, and being slower than you’d like at his height he needs those kind of tricks to reach the stratosphere at the next level. He’ll produce, but IMO he'll struggle to star, though I’ve no doubt he could prove me wrong.

I’ve said before I don’t like his ‘vibe’ and he’s not exactly a favourite of mine, but all of that being said he can play and is a midfielder, albeit a short one.

Personally there are others I’d prefer.

F uck we need to get rid of that cringey as shit.
Yeah obviously the club is trying to build it into a big whole crowd chant like soccer or even that bloody annoying " collinnnnngwooood" shit at Magpies games but IMO it just ain't working yet. Not enough of the crowd get involved and you just hear the recording over the PA more than the crowd.
Would only work if the whole crowd jumps on board eventually.
Same as flags. A few flags in the crowd is a bit meh.
But at the NRL granny this year all supporters at both ends were all given flags and it looked pretty cool having so many flags raised in unison.
But like the chant its gotta be 1 in all in or it just doesn't work.

In the AFL he will almost certainly be a small fwd and maybe become a midfielder.

Higgins is a midfielder without doubt. If he was 5cm taller there would be absolutely no debate about where he sits in the draft.

He’s not a midget, he’s a small mid. My only question mark is that we already have quite a few that are similar to him & a bull/outsider runner better fit our needs.

No doubt over the kid’s ability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins is a midfielder without doubt. If he was 5cm taller there would be absolutely no debate about where he sits in the draft.

He’s not a midget, he’s a small mid. My only question mark is that we already have quite a few that are similar to him & a bull/outsider runner better fit our needs.

No doubt over the kid’s ability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact he dropped out of school to focus on getting drafted concerns me...for whatever reason.

Thought it'd be interesting to look at some previous drafts with our current mindset of demanding specific player types with our first rounders.

So, we'll go the last 4 drafts, and look at the range of picks 6 through to 15.

Looking for are pure midfielders/wings with speed and great/good kicking (we could add height, ready made, endurance, etc, but let's keep it a little simpler for reasons that will be apparent).

I could be misjudging some player types and be excluding them, but they'd be uneventful players anyhow.

Nathan Freeman

Lachie Weller

Ah Chee?
Milera

SPS
Simpkin
Gallucci
(other than SPS = meh, as to what we really need. Simpkin looks OK.)

That's 40 first rounders.

As we're all hoping for two top 5 mids (from a super draft) to slide to our picks, or we get not ONE but TWO epic draft steels that a club would be lucky to get across 5 drafts.

lmao
looks like we'll be taking Naughton and Bonar.

Last edited:
Probably not the worst move considering Wright and Minch are both extremely likely to be delisted at the end of 2018, and we only offered Lonie a one year contract, showing we arent particularly interested in a future with him. Next off season, that would leave us with only Superstar Gresh who is going to be getting more midfield time, and Long, who the jury is still way out on.

Higgins is more a midfield tpype who only recently started playing as a midfielder. His inclusion could allow us to play Gresh in the midfield more while still having a classy small forward in the team, and his ability to play midfield means he could still contribute to the midfield rotations.
Too many women on the forum fixated with the wrong guys with the extra 2 or 3 inches:p

The fact he dropped out of school to focus on getting drafted concerns me...for whatever reason.
Well I did the same thing & won the norm smith in 97/98.

They called me Bunji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back