List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be really flat if we gave up a top 10 pick for Higgins.

I wouldn't. The kid will be an instant hit. Personally probably wouldn't take him if I had the choice just because I'm really hoping for some others but Higgins reminds me so much of Gresham it isn't funny, plus his name is Jack and he wears 35 in he TAC cup :p

I wouldn't. The kid will be an instant hit. Personally probably wouldn't take him if I had the choice just because I'm really hoping for some others but Higgins reminds me so much of Gresham it isn't funny, plus his name is Jack and he wears 35 in he TAC cup :p
Gresh is faster and a lil bit cleaner imo but if we got higgins it would allow gresh to play more mid.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only similarity is that they're manlets.

Gresh has much better agility, skills and well as acceleration.

Higgins from what I've seen is a stronger player and does play bigger than himself.

Higgins reminds me of a taller Caleb Daniels rather than Gresh.

He would be another player that would start as a small forward and we hope become a midfielder, and with pick 7/8 we need midfielders
Higgins was the best performed player in the TAC , tough gets the ball - has currently the ability to play from round one., would be a good player to get.

Hi all,

pardon the intrusion, hopefully this is the right place to put this!

Just giving a heads up that on Monday 6th of November at 7:30pm I will be chatting with 2 of the Co-founders of AFL Draft Central, Pie 4 life and Bishop (who post a bit on the drafts board here) to speak to them about the upcoming draft.

they will be giving their top 20 player rankings, a in depth review of 8 players (4 each) that have impressed them the most this year as well as a 1st round mock draft.

You will be able to listen to it live via our Spreaker link (which i will post in here on Monday) and you can even use the chat client to ask any specific questions about players you might be after etc.

Higgins from what I've seen is a stronger player and does play bigger than himself.

He would be another player that would start as a small forward and we hope become a midfielder, and with pick 7/8 we need midfielders

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/tag/jack-higgins/
mall midfielder who wins a lot of the ball and has now moved into a small forward role post the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships. His defensive efforts are getting better and the midfielder has the ability to push forward and hit the scoreboard.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/oa...l/news-story/cca170192ff008d2b9c02dd8b3fa7b9b

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-01/im-just-going-to-outwork-them-draft-hopefuls-creed

To me its not just the type of football that matters.
If we want Daniel Wells, but he's not there, do we take Brett Peake instead or do we get Eddie Betts or do we get Alex Rance.

When you draft for needs , you can't draft just for needs and ignore the overall quality of the players available. If the team chooses Higgins i can understand why.

Median would've put Starcevich at 12, lol.

He looks good Starcevich, I reckon he could be one that people wish they had looked at a bit closer, he looks like he'll play high level AFL and 12 wouldn't be too early for him. He's just off the top level mids but he's not that far below. I reckon he could be a player teams wish they'd picked in a few years.

I like Stephenson, Fogarty, Hunter Clark, Bonar etc. Guys with a bit more X factor. Would love LOB to drift out to our 30s pick.

O'Brien would be a great 3rd pick for us. Surely he won't slide so far.

Surely we'll end up with at least one of the guys you listed.

Not very. 178cm I think.

Will be a terrific player but not fit for purpose re the Saints.

We require two pure mids.

Need a Brayshaw/slider @ 7 and a Bonar/Fogarty @ 8

or Clark the kent somewhere

178?

Kent's a giant!

Barrels ?

Hardly someone that we need though I feel.

He walks in and would perhaps replace Wright/Minch/Lonie but would you be comfortable giving up a top 10 pick to be at this stage a small forward who can potentially become a midfielder when we desperately need more rotations in the midfield?
He is a midfielder turned small fwd.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that's pretty accurate I guess. Where they are similar is cleverness around goal and general play, Higgins is skilful as well (his kicking score at the combine is a demonstration) and both spent most of their time as mids but moved forward as is it was seen where they'd most likely play at afl level.

I agree we need mids at 7 or 8 which is why I'd prefer others and don't think we'll take him but that doesn't stop me from thinking the kid is a jet.

The other problem is a lot of the blokes we've been talking about; Stephenson, Coffield, Bonar and even Clark to a degree aren't pure mids either and will likely start on flanks before moving into the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double B duo today lads.

Bonar & Brayshaw time!

8585360-3x4-700x933.jpg

Hardly someone that we need though I feel.

He walks in and would perhaps replace Wright/Minch/Lonie but would you be comfortable giving up a top 10 pick to be at this stage a small forward who can potentially become a midfielder when we desperately need more rotations in the midfield?
Probably not the worst move considering Wright and Minch are both extremely likely to be delisted at the end of 2018, and we only offered Lonie a one year contract, showing we arent particularly interested in a future with him. Next off season, that would leave us with only Superstar Gresh who is going to be getting more midfield time, and Long, who the jury is still way out on.

Higgins is more a midfield tpype who only recently started playing as a midfielder. His inclusion could allow us to play Gresh in the midfield more while still having a classy small forward in the team, and his ability to play midfield means he could still contribute to the midfield rotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back