Resource 2019 Finals FAQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they have to go through Ticketmaster as well?
Yep.
Some interesting success stories and frustration all in this thread;

Yep.
Some interesting success stories and frustration all in this thread;

Seems like they were able to choose.

This is stressful, as I have a priority 1 tickets, but everyone else in my group has a priority 2 ticket. So I have to wait till the release of group 2 tickets?

Our group is split like that too. We decided we just won’t be sitting with the priority 2 group.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seems like they were able to choose.
Dunno, I'll ask tonight when I get home (in their thread).
Early ones seemed excited about getting seats allocated, but I did see the later post about picking their own (although they said it "looks like" rather than confirmed experience).
Note that that post is 2 hours after their priority ticketing opened, so that would be a shitty quirk if the early rush is lucky dip and then the left overs or later priorities were able to choose.
Who knows? As i said, will post in there and see if someone can expand on the process.
Or, anyone else can pop over there and ask, so the answer is there when I log back in. ;)

Early ones seemed excited about getting seats allocated, but I did see the later post about picking their own (although they said it "looks like" rather than confirmed experience).
Note that that post is 2 hours after their priority ticketing opened, so that would be a s**tty quirk if the early rush is lucky dip and then the left overs or later priorities were able to choose.
Who knows? As i said, will post in there and see if someone can expand on the process.
Or, anyone else can pop over there and ask, so the answer is there when I log back in. ;)
Good idea Skoob, I just went on the Eagles board and asked a couple of questions on behalf of our board.

Note that that post is 2 hours after their priority ticketing opened, so that would be a s**tty quirk if the early rush is lucky dip and then the left overs or later priorities were able to choose.

I rang the club and all they could say is that they have been told that you can only choose category not seats. It’s all down to whatever Ticketmaster allow on the day I’m guessing. Club has not control.

I know this won't suit a lot of people but just letting people know in Melbourne ( especially northern suburbs ) what we have done. Ticketmaster have an outlet in Whats New at Craigieburn and what we have done is left a chair in the line that is present at the moment ( Geelong V Collingwood people. Our chair is first in line with no other Brisbane or Richmond people present at the moment so when tickets open Thursday at 11.00am we will have first crack. I know this is the old way to do it but we have our airline tickets so we have to ensure we get tickets. Just letting people know of another option if wanted. Cheers and good luck.

I know this won't suit a lot of people but just letting people know in Melbourne ( especially northern suburbs ) what we have done. Ticketmaster have an outlet in Whats New at Craigieburn and what we have done is left a chair in the line that is present at the moment ( Geelong V Collingwood people. Our chair is first in line with no other Brisbane or Richmond people present at the moment so when tickets open Thursday at 11.00am we will have first crack. I know this is the old way to do it but we have our airline tickets so we have to ensure we get tickets. Just letting people know of another option if wanted. Cheers and good luck.
I asked the club if the Ticketmaster at Gate 2 at the Gabba would be open on Thursday and they said that they had not yet been informed whether it will or won’t be open.

I wonder if the AFL have advised Ticketmaster to set aside certain sections for Lions & Richmond fans so less likely of crowd problems. Not just the 50/50 allocation numbers they have indicated is the case. Not just our game but for all finals.

If so maybe that is why they prefer to allocate best available seats after you enter your bar codes. I imagine bar code should identify you as a Lions supporter

Last thing i want is to be able to get in my chosen section only to be surrounded by Richmond fans.

Once again if more information was available we could all feel a bit better about the allocation of tickets.

Of course if Lions were regular finals contenders we would all be up to date on how it works.

I rang the club and all they could say is that they have been told that you can only choose category not seats. It’s all down to whatever Ticketmaster allow on the day I’m guessing. Club has not control.
I asked the club if the Ticketmaster at Gate 2 at the Gabba would be open on Thursday and they said that they had not yet been informed whether it will or won’t be open.
Boils down to that. Absolutely not a knock on the club, but take what they say with a grain of salt. They can only go off what they've been told, and they too could have mixed or muddy info from the AFL & Ticketmaster.

Saw a tweet yesterday that announced a new word; Grelief: The mixture of grief at missing finals and the relief of avoiding the cost and logistics of it all.
Reckon it's a real thing.

Will be at work during the member sale. Shitting bricks being in the dark about all of this category, best available bullshit. Don’t trust ticketing agencies at all.

Ticket-induced anxiety is a negative by-product of finals that no one really mentions. Coming from a Hawthorn family I’ve grown accustomed to the race for tickets during the pointy period of the season. To be frank, it’s a massively stressful pain in the backside.

Will go Category 1 with my Gabba membership, hopefully get somewhere up top, near the boxes and reasonably close to the front of the stand.

And to those doubting whether many Tiges fans will make the journey - believe that they more than likely will rock up in droves. The time slot is conducive to it. Any other side, even Collingwood, wouldn’t make a massive fuss considering it’s not a KO final. Trust me, Richmond fans are a different breed. Next Saturday will be a ****ing circus.

I’ll be surprised if the stadium isn’t completely sold out by the end of this week. Heck, the general public will have to compromise on quality of seats/pricing. No picking and choosing. Single seats only will be the case as soon as we know it.

What’s the current capacity of the Gabba now there’s the excess advertising & verandah? 37,000? Expect a crowd comfortably exceeding the 35k at the Geelong match. 99.99% full, it’ll be.

Queue the inevitable uproar by those unable to secure tickets when people realise how much the capacity is (let’s be honest here, unnecessarily) restricted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this post interesting from the West Coast board;
. I wanted two extra tickets and had no problems. If I didn’t like the seats offered I just tried again. After about 10 attempts I decided to go for block 514 row 7. The only remaining tickets were on the top level. If you use the app you can click on the map and choose your seats. If you’re using the web page then it’s like a lottery.

Geelong game was a sell out. The capacity is around the 36,500 mark after upgrades to scoreboard, changes in gabba trust seating and installation of the verandah.
Much of the top deck at the LM end was empty. Not like the rest of the sections where one/two seat gaps were noticeable at a prolonged look around the stadium.

Less stress and cheaper when we weren't making finals. Lets just go back to a horrid start and a few token wins in the backend of the season.

Less stress and cheaper when we weren't making finals. Lets just go back to a horrid start and a few token wins in the backend of the season.
Not sure which option is better for my mental health. At least at our worst (which I consider around the time Leppa was on Footy Classified in 2016), my blood pressure was at a stable level.

I’m a 3 game member but haven’t received an email from the club but I can see that full season members have got an email with a code to use. Any 3 game members received any info?

I’m a 3 game member but haven’t received an email from the club but I can see that full season members have got an email with a code to use. Any 3 game members received any info?
You get group 2 access (from 12:30) to tickets on Thursday.
The "code" sent in emails is just the barcode number on the back of your membership card. (Not really sure why they emailed them, other than a reasonable assumption that some might not know what a barcode number is).
Just have your membership card barcode number ready for 12:30 on Thursday, and check the links throughout this thread and the Lions website to check the seat category pricing. :thumbsu:

Virgin get a few tickets to every game and they do flight (and hotel) packages with the tickets. Did a bit of research and it all works out at an okay price so I'm all sorted now. Really good option for interstate members.

Catch you campaigners at the GABBA :cool:

Hey mate, do you happen to know if the tickets you get through Virgin are allocated seating? Wondering if I could use one of them with my membership to sit next to a friend

Hey mate, do you happen to know if the tickets you get through Virgin are allocated seating? Wondering if I could use one of them with my membership to sit next to a friend

All I can tell you is they're the category A expensive ones and they get allocated 200 per game.

I'm gonna presume it's unlikely that you'll be able to arrange that my dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 Finals FAQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back