• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm sick of hooliganism in the AFL, i refuse to take my kids to games til its wiped out.
hope channel 7 news open with this story hey shorty

I think you can take your kids very safely to "soft games" where no offense to the opposition but we will win and win comfortably.

These heated clashes and fights seem to occur in close games or rivalry games.

Taking your kids to see West Coast and the Saints play when they come over here would be very very safe imo. Suns game earlier in the year would have been perfect. Seemed like a fun day.

Last edited:
Ricky Gervais' shtick these days is several variants of 'are you offended? Have I offended you, yeah?', it's a shame because he's capable of much more than this and 'did you know I'm an atheist yeah?'

Ricky Gervais' shtick these days is several variants of 'are you offended? Have I offended you, yeah?', it's a shame because he's capable of much more than this and 'did you know I'm an atheist yeah?'
Are you offended? You sound offended. So you don't want guitar lessons then?

I think the things that people get offended by are much more important than guitar lessons. #bemused
Lol, yeah - well picked up. :drunk:

There’s nothing that he’s done that I haven’t loved. Although, I haven’t seen any of Derek, it just doesn’t look good.
Derek is brilliant. Don't take it at face value as Ricky playing a mentally challenged person. It has a ton of heart and some great laughs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who can't understand the outrage about Ablett getting suspended? People crying "the bump is dead", he left his feet and hit a guy in the head with his elbow/forearm. That's gonna cop you a week no matter who you are nowadays.

Bump is very much alive ask Viney and Milera. Ablett should be suspended.

With that all said, I can see a future where the bump will be outlawed in any capacity even one that is considered "fair" today.

Am I the only one who can't understand the outrage about Ablett getting suspended? People crying "the bump is dead", he left his feet and hit a guy in the head with his elbow/forearm. That's gonna cop you a week no matter who you are nowadays.
I don’t think it matters what the outcome is, people just want to whinge about something.

I watched a 1984 SOO game the other day and there were a lot of flying arms and elbows at every contest. Almost seemed like a defence mechanism against everyone else throwing arms and elbows. I wouldn't call that tough. They would definitely come away with a lot more bruises than today though. It's actually really interesting watching a game from that era. The ball seemed to rarely go out of bounds and players rarely went back on from the mark and hesitated with the ball like they do now.

Looked like a free kick to me but nothing more
Yep, on the replay it was not as bad as it looked live. His leading arm hit Shiel, then the elbow gently followed.

As an action it was ordinary, with potential to cause harm ... but he pulled out of it imo. Hilarious when the MRO tries to act tough, when actually he is just setting it up to be challenged and throw out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back