List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True with those early numbers, but only played 7 games this year so can’t crack a senior gig at the Cats.
So his exposed form is really in the 2’s
And yes, we’d be salvaging something from Stuv wanting out.
But why a slower, single sided version of something we already have?
We swap a quick inside/outside for an inside only mid who can’t spread.
We’ve already got one of those and he has better exposed form (100 games).
Seems a pointless trade.

I think our preference would be to turn him into Hill but if Hill won't come or Kelly won't leave that starts to fall over. Inside outside mids with speed are pretty hard to find and we'd probably need to draft one.

Yeah, I might have mixed them up, then I don't want him as much now. ;)

Actually just compared them he still gets a lot of uncontested possession so must do a bit more than stand around the centre dishing it off. Much more contested though.
Still have him well above Dunstan and Crouch would be one of the 1st picked every week and make our midfield better

I think it’s the experienced mids that are the problem.

I'm guessing Seb and Dunny, I thought both had improved in the last few weeks. Ross hit some absolute lace out passes and his usual shit ones too. Dunny was one of the least skilled players I'd seen a few years back but his disposal has been actually very good lately, I can't remember him making a skill error for ages.

I think our preference would be to turn him into Hill but if Hill won't come or Kelly won't leave that starts to fall over. Inside outside mids with speed are pretty hard to find and we'd probably need to draft one.
If that’s our preference then this Constable talk can die a natural then.
We move on to other possibilities.

Still have him well above Dunstan and Crouch would be one of the 1st picked every week and make our midfield better

He's win a heap of possession and first use. It would mean Ross could just crab around picking up the ball out in space. It would make more of a difference than Hill TBH. Hill would probably struggle to have the same output unless we have both of them.

I fear you're right on the bolded. To me, no matter what sport, executing under pressure separates the ok/good from the very good/elite.

The main reason I'm not fully convinced yet is I think our gameplan and structures can/do have an effect on our skills. A lot of our young blokes have only played under one head coach and it didn't appear from everything we heard publicly from Richo that much else was emphasized above tackling and strength in the contest.

Most of me thinks what you are saying is correct, but I'm still leaving the door open that skill execution can change positively with a different gameplan, tactics and direction. Time will tell on all this of course.
Absolutely.

However, I'm not liking the poor skills when there's no pressure lol.

If that’s our preference then this Constable talk can die a natural then.
We move on to other possibilities.

If they think Constable can become a Crouch type then I can see the logic in it though, high possession first use mids are handy.

Rhys played VFL on the weekend so he's not going that well. Zac Smith is pretty ordinary and ahead of Abbott.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take him but I can't see him being better that Longer or Pierce.

I imagine we only want him for an emergency now. Marshall will be first ruck and we just need someone not concussed in case.

Tom Morris “On the Couch” convinced Stuv will be at the Cats next year.
Cats players Constable and Abbott in the mix.
Healey reckons we only get a second rounder for Jack 😠

Brad Hill 100% requesting a trade and Saints are the front runner. Gubby all over it.

Last edited:
Would luke Parker be gettable?

Does Sydney owe us anything over the Hanners’ deal? ( They should).
We certainly helped with a salary dump. I’m sure there was something mentioned about it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cat’s players Constable and Abbott in the mix.

Brad Hill 100% requesting a trade and Saints are the front runner. Gubby all over it.
I was watching on the couch aswell... Healey was quite harsh on jack saying his intent has been there for years. Lol. What a stupid comment.

Constable is a serious chance to be apart of the trade. Wants to be closer to his mates, bayside boy.

Crouch by a Ballarat country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brayshaw is a good player but our bad run with concussion has me spooked about him. He's one knock off Paddy or Koby.

I was watching on the couch aswell... Healey was quite harsh on jack saying his intent has been there for years. Lol. What a stupid comment.

Constable is a serious chance to be apart of the trade. Wants to be closer to his mates, bayside boy.

Good mates with the King’s. Get the three back together again.

Cat’s players Constable and Abbott in the mix.

Constable would be a good get as someone who can be apart of the club for years. If we are going to lose Stuv, he is the type of player we need to be getting back.

That said, I still really hate the idea of Stuv not finishing his career with us and ending up at Geelong. I just really hate that club and their smug players.

Good mates with the King’s. Get the three back together again.

Good names, Marshall, Constable, King. Sound like old school enforcers. Bruce reckon's he's related to Robert The Bruce, that Kent would need to carry some Long Steele into Battle. Those sound like some alpha dog names.

Constable would be a good get as someone who can be apart of the club for years. If we are going to lose Stuv, he is the type of player we need to be getting back.

That said, I still really hate the idea of Stuv not finishing his career with us and ending up at Geelong. I just really hate that club and their smug players.
Hope in 5 years people hate our club and smug players

Agree, would be sad to lose Stuv. But if it’s what he wants then that helps somewhat.

However, as the years go by, flagless, I’m getting a little more impatient and a little less emotionally attached to the players (it helps that there’s no longer a Harves, Roo or Lenny anymore) and I want to trade as necessary to chase hard for that elusive premiership.

Crouch by a Ballarat country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disagree strongly!
It's basically just paying an extra 400k a year for the same player
Without the heart and passion Dunstan clearly has for his team mates!
Would be horrid for morale! Makes absolutely no sense at all!

Edit My bad, thought you were comparing Crouch to Dunstan!
Yet i think we will have the same disagreement anyway

Last edited:
Yes but no idea why Adelaide would. They would be better keeping crouch but the problem is spread. Dunstan hardly solves that.
Crows would want our first round pick for Brad Crouch for sure.
I feel Dunstan is not much below B.Crouch , I just hope we find value when ever we decide who we want.
This is why Coniglio would be so good to get - just cash required - can Allan pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back