List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

By all reports or rumours Bruce will not be at the Saints next year - for him to be moved on they have to be wanting something badly.
Let's just hope it's worth it.

If you ignore Steven who will gain us little, Bruce is about the only player who another club wants that we can let go who might gain a reasonable return.

Others we might like to let go, but would gain us little.
Carlisle was rumoured to be on the trade table, but he refused to get on the table.
And others like Billings, Gresh etc we do not really want to use.

So with basically just pick 5 and 55 this year Bruce might just be an appropriate vehicle to allow us to bring in some ok new blood, rather than a second Gun (ie in additional to Hill.

Bruce may for example generate enough picks to be traded for both Jones and Keath.

You had me until ‘Ross is real leader with real determination’.

There’s our leadership issue right there. The fact that Seb is considered a likely next Captain is mind blowing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s even worst, it was identified as a need 5 years ago and not one has come through 😀

So 70 to 13 from the best ruck in the afl lead to losing clearances by 20 but you think a 32 year old who was dropped at least twice this year will be better than that Surely most can agree hit outs are completely overrated. A contest is rated. Work around the ground is rated.

Not in the mood for yet another to & fro with you about the value of ruckman.

Paddy will be with us shortly & Ill back the wisdom of the new coaching regime over you old mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we still have interest in Keath now that Carlisle is off the table?

When does our number of tall defenders become too many?

As it stands now we still have Brown, Battle, Marsh, Clavarino, Austin and Joyce with Roberton if fit playing the 3rd tall role. Then we have Wilkie who did that job all this year and did a great job.

If we are to trade in Ben King this year or next, where does he play? We couldnt possibly have both inexperienced gangly talls playing in the same forward line?

Battle will more than likely be moved forward next year and Brown delisted if Keath is brought in - but I cant get past our list becoming seriously unbalanced again? Similiar to the Elshaugh HBF era!

Just to confirm as you're using my beloved name as the bearer of news..

Gresh isn't being 'shopped' around.. But he isn't untouchable for the right deal. Now that right deal is obviously going to be something very big.

Would think it be negligent of the club if we didn't at least listen to any potential deals. The amount of discussions between clubs would be big.

Would only have a handful of total non touchables the rest if the deal is godly enough are available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 70 to 13 from the best ruck in the afl lead to losing clearances by 20 but you think a 32 year old who was dropped at least twice this year will be better than that Surely most can agree hit outs are completely overrated. A contest is rated. Work around the ground is rated.
Mmmm .if we all agree on this, why did we get rid of Hickey and keep LoNger 🤔🤔

Who said he did nothing to help the side win. He was their best player imo. Just saying how overrated hit outs are
They are not overrated. Hitouts to advantage are worth their weight in gold. It's up to the midfielders to do the rest. Not Grundys fault that he would tap it to one of his player and they would fumble or be tackled with it

They are not overrated. Hitouts to advantage are worth their weight in gold. It's up to the midfielders to do the rest. Not Grundys fault that he would tap it to one of his player and they would fumble or be tackled with it
Hit outs to advantage even have little correlation in winning but I never mentioned them. I mentioned hit outs which are completely overrated. It was the reason some had longer down as a good ruck. That is funny.

Jesus, we were a Marshall hamstring/ankle/shoulder/appendix away from a fair bit of embarrassment this year - and people are going nuts about us bringing in Ryder.
We lack rucks => get rucks
We have too many tall forwards (hence Battle playing back) => trade out a forward

No pleasing some people. Yeah, I love Bruce - but King is the future and Marshall/Ryder need to rotate forward, and if Robbo's coming back Battle needs to go forward. I'm over the tears already and it hasn't even happened yet.

Would be nice to get a(nother) good mid in, but it's not like the club hasn't been trying.

So long anyone who's going, and welcome anyone who's coming. So long as no-one touches the GOAT, I don't care. Footy moves on, and only crap teams don't.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Bulldogs chase Jenkins from Adelaide in lieu of us wanting too much trade wise for Bruce. When you look at the Dogs requirements, Jenkins probably fills their needs better than Bruce. Jenkins could be considered a better relief ruck and more of a mobile forward than Bruce, to leave Naughton play as the stay at home tall forward. If Adelaide are keen to off load Jenkins and his salary he will come a lot cheaper trade wise than Bruce?

Its a win win for the Dogs either way!

Do we still have interest in Keath now that Carlisle is off the table?

When does our number of tall defenders become too many?

As it stands now we still have Brown, Battle, Marsh, Clavarino, Austin and Joyce with Roberton if fit playing the 3rd tall role. Then we have Wilkie who did that job all this year and did a great job.

If we are to trade in Ben King this year or next, where does he play? We couldnt possibly have both inexperienced gangly talls playing in the same forward line?

Battle will more than likely be moved forward next year and Brown delisted if Keath is brought in - but I cant get past our list becoming seriously unbalanced again? Similiar to the Elshaugh HBF era!
your right no need for Keath with Carlisle , Battle , Wilkie , Austin , Marsh , Clavarino and Roberton who could return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back