List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell said he is not applying for the CEO job at Freo. Wherever his next promotion is it won’t be there.
the blood is still warm from the last guy knifed in that position by Bell and his people ... it would be PR hell to walk into it like that ... Freo will have an interim CEO and Bell will move into that role once the dust settles ...

I don't think we have the legal right to? If we want to break his contract then we have to de-list him but if we trade him then he has a right to continue his previous contract. That's my understanding anyway and that those are the breaks even if the player is the one requesting the trade. But i could be wrong.

Standard contract law suggests that if both parties want to void a contract , it can be voided.

IF: We want to de-list him, we have to pay out the contract.
IF: He wants to go to Geelong, Geelong have to do the deal which would void the contract. We aren't looking at unloading him so no obligation to keep his Salary up.
Players certainly can't demand to be traded, then demand that you pay their previous contract.
The trade side of it is that Geelong are essentially paying us to void the contract.

The other scenario that sometimes happens is that player X is getting old, and still has some years on his contract. He's very happy to sit there and get paid, even though the club don't want him. But he's also happy to move if he doesn't take a pay cut. Thats where the paying by the previous club sometimes happens.

Jack may be happy to take a pay cut.

If Jack wants to...
Jack can stay with the Saints.
Jack can quit footy.
Jack can go to the Cats and accept a pay cut.

The GC list manger on trade radio right now.

When asked about Bing coming home, it quickly said we like him and changed the subject to how quick he is.

When asked about Lukosius being involved in a trade with Adelaide, he said he is not on the trade table, we see him as a long term player.
Noticed that, I’m excited.

Are you actually comparing Seb’s season to any of those above?

It was an absolute abomination that he won.

I have no problems with his previous B&F win BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ross is a nuts and bolts player ... he works had and uses every last inch of himself to lift the team ... not unlike Geary ... he is not going to be the guy who has his poster hung up in every kids room but he does his role and does it well with good reliability ... in a perfect world Ross is a third bes mid not our best and give it time as the list improves he will slot back in his place but for the now he is exactly what we need him to be solid and dependable ... you dont call a greyhound slow cause its not as fast as a horse

No, he didn't. He willed the ball into his area, and the end result inevitably followed. In his first 4 years, you could hardly say anyone was capable of getting him the ball in the manner we normally expect of an AFL standard player. GOAT. Freak. Never be another like him. Oh, wait..........Max King says, "Hold my beer."
Was, or was the ball not, kicked into the general vicinity of Tony Lockett by a player other than Tony Lockett? If so, then he needed people to kick the ball to him. Also, it's clear you're a fan of Max King but let's not compare him to the greatest key forward of all time before he's even debuted yeh? Might want to hold your horses a little.

Ross is a nuts and bolts player ... he works had and uses every last inch of himself to lift the team ... not unlike Geary ... he is not going to be the guy who has his poster hung up in every kids room but he does his role and does it well with good reliability ... in a perfect world Ross is a third bes mid not our best and give it time as the list improves he will slot back in his place but for the now he is exactly what we need him to be solid and dependable ... you dont call a greyhound slow cause its not as fast as a horse

I don't think he works that hard at all... he lost me this season with all the petulant displays after someone had made a blue (or he did) and refused to chase or cover someone else's man. Seb is yet another one of our mids who doesn't run as hard without the ball as he does when he's got it.

He can't be compared to Geary at all IMO. If he had half Gears' commitment then he'd be a gun.

Was, or was the ball not, kicked into the general vicinity of Tony Lockett by a player other than Tony Lockett? If so, then he needed people to kick the ball to him. Also, it's clear you're a fan of Max King but let's not compare him to the greatest key forward of all time before he's even debuted yeh? Might want to hold your horses a little.

Hyperbole, imagination, a bit of fun. No offence meant to you, nor the great man Crusty. From what I saw in 80's games, I stand behind my statement about players capable of delivering the ball in the manner of an AFL standard player appeared entirely absent in our side. Lighten up. I'm excited by the thought of Bing and Ming debuting for the club round one next year. Been saying it for a while now. Negotiations to reunite the boys have been underway for months. Just messaged Bevo. Not since Roo and Kosi have we had as big a coup if we pull this off. Another era is about to begin. Where's that gif? You know, the "It's happening" one. I'm excited!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have to agree pick in the 20s needs to get us Jones....if what we get for Jack gets us Jones then all good. Both quick and can’t kick, Jones is younger and will actually play. Unfortunately in Jacks current state that is a big upgrade for our list
Whatever credibility you had by having Elle in your avatar

Is completely lost by the ridiculous statement suggesting that Zac bloody Jones is an upgrade on Jack Steven!
In what bizarro world would that be?
Think i have heard it all now!

So it is the umpires, the coaches around the competition and coaches at the club who are showing bias when voting rather than your own personal bias affecting your view on him?
I think as usual the truth is somewhere in between. TB might be painting him as worse than he is/was, but I think you guys are sugar coating things a bit much.
All those awards (brownlow, B&F, even the coaches award) are midfield dominated unless you're Nick Riewoldt e.t.c.
So saying he's the bees knees because he topped our votes in those awards doesn't say a whole lot when his midfield competition consisted of Dunstan and cameos from most of the other players on our list. And he only got 12 brownlow votes anyway, bugger all from the main midfield guy from an AFL team.

I also don't buy Stavro saying "the narrative on this board" blah blah. If you look on other social media, you'll see that the comments about Seb this year are the same everywhere. Why? Partly because it's social media and people get slammed, and partly because it's the general consensus among a whole lot of the saints supporter population that Seb (in particular his composure and ball use) hasn't been anywhere near the player we needed him to be with no Stuv, Hanners and since the retirements - especially given he's been the vice captain and captain of our team. Not his fault he's the main guy and VC? Maybe, but not necessarily faultless when it comes to not having improved his own skills to AFL standard - which he's well below, as is his skipper.

I think Seb was really good at times this year, but for all his good games he really let us down in a lot of games with his inability to put the ball to the advantage of the person he was kicking it to. It was really, really costly. Saying he topped this award or that award (for our team, read: mids) pretending we didn't witness all his blunders from the season gone by is a bit rich imo.

As for whether we should trade him, I think we'd be mad to unless we're getting Crouches or somebody else in to replace him. Can't see any mids coming at this stage that are going to be better than Seb. Much like Geary, hopefully our kids come along and we don't need guys who can't use the footy in key roles - but until then we've gotta keep our leaders even if they're a bit ordinary.

The GC list manger on trade radio right now.

When asked about Bing coming home, it quickly said we like him and changed the subject to how quick he is.

When asked about Lukosius being involved in a trade with Adelaide, he said he is not on the trade table, we see him as a long term player.

So Lukosius isn’t on the trade table but there was no categorical assurance about King?

That’s interesting. Gold Coast could be keeping their trading options open if Crouch nominates them.

Hyperbole, imagination, a bit of fun. No offence meant to you, nor the great man Crusty. From what I saw in 80's games, I stand behind my statement about players capable of delivering the ball in the manner of an AFL standard player appeared entirely absent in our side. Lighten up. I'm excited by the thought of Bing and Ming debuting for the club round one next year. Been saying it for a while now. Negotiations to reunite the boys have been underway for months. Just messaged Bevo. Not since Roo and Kosi have we had as big a coup if we pull this off. Another era is about to begin. Where's that gif? You know, the "It's happening" one. I'm excited!!!
No offence taken my friend. I'm just significantly less excited than you are, considering what we'll have to give up for him. I don't believe Richmond won last weekend because they brought Tom Lynch in, they won because they have Martin, Cotchin, Prestia and so on. KPPs don't win premierships, midfielders do. The game has moved past hulking key forwards imo to players like Jeremy Cameron who are basically taller versions of small forwards. Capable of taking big marks but also of chasing and tackling and running all day. Knowing that we'll be parting with picks this year or next for Ben King that would likely equate to midfielders that we desperately need doesn't fill me with excitement.

So Lukosius isn’t on the trade table but there was no categorical assurance about King?

That’s interesting. Gold Coast could be keeping their trading options open if Crouch nominates them.
Sounds as though Freo and St Kilda are already on the same level with Hill, which says Saints are committed to giving them 6 though.

I think we are extremely keen to get King this year. Not sure how it happens though as neither Freo or GC will want a future pick.

Sounds as though Freo and St Kilda are already on the same level with Hill, which says Saints are committed to giving them 6 though.

I think we are extremely keen to get King this year. Not sure how it happens though as neither Freo or GC will want a future pick.
The future pick can be on-traded right? If so, GC may not want to use it but they may be able to trade it for a player, right?

In any case, do you think our future first and a solid player or 2 would get them interested in talking? The future first would set them up for next year's trade period (if it's tradeable) and the players would help them get competitive in the season to come.

Listening to Bell this morning I was taken by his crafted language that specifically mentioned “a very good deal”. No specific mention of pick 6 which surprised me.

I suspect the Hill deal may involve more than one trade scenario. Both clubs may have discussed the possibility that if Saints cannot trade pick 6 then Freo may agree to another trade deal (whatever that is).

My assumption is that such a deal would involve an additional 1st RDP pick coming in the door and either another pick or a player. But I’m only guessing.

The future pick can be on-traded right? If so, GC may not want to use it but they may be able to trade it for a player, right?

In any case, do you think our future first and a solid player or 2 would get them interested in talking? The future first would set them up for next year's trade period (if it's tradeable) and the players would help them get competitive in the season to come.
I think future picks seem to hold a little less value and if that's we we are offering then GC will just wait until next year?

Hypothetical:
Steven to Geelong for #36.
Bruce to Bulldogs for #12 plus rats and mice (eg: swap of 2020 2nds)
#12 and #36 (= points as #6) to Freo for Hill.
#6 to GC for Bing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back