List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't mind him at the Dees just for some outside run and experience. Had a fantastic 2016 but probably had form issues this year.

He's become a whipping boy on here but he can play, he'd actually be perfect for you guys.

I would give it to Steele or Billings this year - time for change

Billings has become a very good player this year and would be a high B going on A grade....but he's seriously the most unlikely leader I could imagine. He gives off a 13 yo boy vibe. He is nervous and shy and looks like communication doesn't come natural to him. If he was tossing the coin, I'd feel like we had the game in the bag if I was an opposition captain.

Steele again he's quite quiet and reserved, doesn't come across as as a leader and probably doesn't play a game that says jump on my back. Got a bit of the Seb Ross about him. Ross seems like he's very serious though and seems like he's demanding more because of it.

To me the leader types are Bruce, Newnes, Brown, Gresham and Dunstan. Dunny is more a good guy mates with everyone type but doesn't have the game yet, Gresham seems like he hates everyone outside his teammates and the others might not be at the club next year.

I would give it to Marshall myself. He's a bit enigmatic, he's a happy character but his size and and approachability might give him a bit of respect from the boys. He plays a game that says he'll carry them in to battle with him too. Good age as well, he's heading for mid 20s already and should have 10 years ahead of him.

I agree. Billings is an absolute squib. Plays for himself and self preservation. do not get the love for this guy in here at all.
Hardly, he puts his head over the ball, lays tackles, wins contested possessions and goes back with the flight when needed.

It’s not his game style and never was to be an in and under grunt or a ferociously attack the ball carrier type like a Ben long. Billing’s is a gun but like a nick dal santo he’ll always have his critics.

Hardly, he puts his head over the ball, lays tackles, wins contested possessions and goes back with the flight when needed.

It’s not his game style and never was to be an in and under grunt or a ferociously attack the ball carrier type like a Ben long. Billing’s is a gun but like a nick dal santo he’ll always have his critics.

I think part of it is his youthful appearance as well though, he seems like he hasn't started shaving yet and his nervy disposition makes him seem less dominant. He turned it around on field this year and became close to our best player.

Billings has become a very good player this year and would be a high B going on A grade....but he's seriously the most unlikely leader I could imagine. He gives off a 13 yo boy vibe. He is nervous and shy and looks like communication doesn't come natural to him. If he was tossing the coin, I'd feel like we had the game in the bag if I was an opposition captain.

Steele again he's quite quiet and reserved, doesn't come across as as a leader and probably doesn't play a game that says jump on my back. Got a bit of the Seb Ross about him. Ross seems like he's very serious though and seems like he's demanding more because of it.

To me the leader types are Bruce, Newnes, Brown, Gresham and Dunstan. Dunny is more a good guy mates with everyone type but doesn't have the game yet, Gresham seems like he hates everyone outside his teammates and the others might not be at the club next year.

I would give it to Marshall myself. He's a bit enigmatic, he's a happy character but his size and and approachability might give him a bit of respect from the boys. He plays a game that says he'll carry them in to battle with him too. Good age as well, he's heading for mid 20s already and should have 10 years ahead of him.
If Hanners get through preseason without any major issues with his body, I think we will make him captain next year. He already acts like a captain on the field and whenever he talks, everyone listens.

It would be too early to give it to Marshall off the back of one good season. Not the type of guy who needs the extra pressure and responsibility of being the captain, at least yet. Dunstan would be a great captain, but as you said he doesn't have the game yet. I don't see Gresh as that type of personality either. Watch this space on Battle in a few years time.

Have they?
Interesting. So what happens if he still wants to play on?
Does this clear the club from any potential responsibility?
Not sure to be honest.. assume he’d have to sign a waiver or similar. But ultimately would come back to the afl & club from previous incidents.

But honestly - the poor bloke still has debilitating symptoms 6 months later. Not sure he’ll he’d ever make it back even if he wanted.

I'm waiting on news on McCartin and Roberton - are they going to go through preseason and announce they plan on having a crack - because if they do it will have a massive impact on the line up.

otherwise they need to pay out there contracts and move on.
Not a chance Paddy will play ever again and if Robbo has any brains he will stop as well

If Hanners get through preseason without any major issues with his body, I think we will make him captain next year. He already acts like a captain on the field and whenever he talks, everyone listens.

It would be too early to give it to Marshall off the back of one good season. Not the type of guy who needs the extra pressure and responsibility of being the captain, at least yet. Dunstan would be a great captain, but as you said he doesn't have the game yet. I don't see Gresh as that type of personality either. Watch this space on Battle in a few years time.
Im with you on Battle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure to be honest.. assume he’d have to sign a waiver or similar. But ultimately would come back to the afl & club from previous incidents.

But honestly - the poor bloke still has debilitating symptoms 6 months later. Not sure he’ll he’d ever make it back even if he wanted.
A waiver wouldn’t do it. The argument would be that his employer was fully informed of the risks but went ahead anyway. It could also be argued that Paddy’s decision making was impaired due to the concussions (brain damage). We’d be open to being sued for a fortune and quite rightly in my opinion. He’s finished 100%.

A waiver wouldn’t do it. The argument would be that his employer was fully informed of the risks but went ahead anyway. It could also be argued that Paddy’s decision making was impaired due to the concussions (brain damage). We’d be open to being sued for a fortune and quite rightly in my opinion. He’s finished 100%.
I guarantee that the club documentation on this would be exhaustive.
He has no chance of playing again and the club will not allow it.

I'm waiting on news on McCartin and Roberton - are they going to go through preseason and announce they plan on having a crack - because if they do it will have a massive impact on the line up.

otherwise they need to pay out there contracts and move on.

I think the club has already made a decision on Paddy but Paddy hasn’t given up hope.

I’d imagine the club will allow Paddy to attempt to find a suitor as a DFA or pick 80+ in the trade period & if that doesn’t eventuate Paddy will retire.

I must say im loving all these matter of fact posts , so and so wont be at the club next year , so and so will be at the club next year , we need to start an archive for all these as fact posts and see who is full of crap and who is not

I must say im loving all these matter of fact posts , so and so wont be at the club next year , so and so will be at the club next year , we need to start an archive for all these as fact posts and see who is full of crap and who is not
Given the list management meeting isn't until tomorrow, I tend to agree...

Please don’t tell me that you are taking posts on an internet forum from an anonymous person as factual? Even if people frame opinion as fact doesn’t make it fact nor should you or anyone think otherwise. All you will achieve is frustration when it doesn’t happen & initiate a shite fight & then think why bother?

Darryl Baldock won't be at the Saints next year

Please don’t tell me that you are taking posts on an internet forum from an anonymous person as factual? Even if people frame opinion as fact doesn’t make it fact nor should you or anyone think otherwise. All you will achieve is frustration when it doesn’t happen & initiate a s**t fight & then think why bother?
Like a certain Bro getting my hopes up that Zac Jones may bypass us for the Roos! 😉

Why you......

Take it as opinion mate haha. From what I’ve heard / think (read opinion risky) Jones, Paddy & Hill are done deals to the Saints pending trade negotiations! Sorry MM :cool:
Well like the great sex god Meatloaf once sang
Two out of three ain't bad! 😏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back