List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah because a leader turns turds into nuggets.
Ain't even about that.

Riewoldt - Leader
Hayes - Leader
Hamill - Leader
Burke - Leader
Frawley - Leader
Steven and Bruce - just happy to be there. Nothing burning inside of them, nothing driving them. Good to have around when you need to get your spirits up, probably been very helpful in that regard for the young players joining the club and experiencing all those losses. Nice to have those dog walking sessions and crossword sessions and all the other stuff. This is the Tony Elshaugh legacy.

But I remember when our club had real leaders and real determination, and our current seniors don't even come close, maybe Geary and Ross the closest, hence them being ordained captain. The coaches can only do so much. For me one of the most likely possible reasons for our last 3 years was not getting enough players with that drive onto the player list, or maybe not allowing the players with that potential to discover it within themselves, who knows.

All my opinion of course. What would I know from the other side of the planet. But bottom line for me is that if players like Steven and Bruce are the leaders and the best at our club, we'll have a real hard road back up the ladder. Our attention should be turning to which of our young players can give us real leadership back at St Kilda.

Marshall is actually one of our best midfielders.
On per game averages.
2nd for clearances.
equal second for center clearances.
2nd for stoppages.
2nd for contested possessions.
5th for inside 50's.
Ruckman clearances are totally irrelevant as most of them come as a result of a ruck free kick that neither ruckman, nor 95% of the crowd have idea why it was awarded.

Ain't even about that.

Riewoldt - Leader
Hayes - Leader
Hamill - Leader
Burke - Leader
Frawley - Leader
Steven and Bruce - just happy to be there. Nothing burning inside of them, nothing driving them. Good to have around when you need to get your spirits up, probably been very helpful in that regard for the young players joining the club and experiencing all those losses. Nice to have those dog walking sessions and crossword sessions and all the other stuff. This is the Tony Elshaugh legacy.

But I remember when our club had real leaders and real determination, and our current seniors don't even come close, maybe Geary and Ross the closest, hence them being ordained captain. The coaches can only do so much. For me one of the most likely possible reasons for our last 3 years was not getting enough players with that drive onto the player list, or maybe not allowing the players with that potential to discover it within themselves, who knows.

All my opinion of course. What would I know from the other side of the planet. But bottom line for me is that if players like Steven and Bruce are the leaders and the best at our club, we'll have a real hard road back up the ladder. Our attention should be turning to which of our young players can give us real leadership back at St Kilda.

Don’t be confused by the ability to lead and passion. Steven would be one of the most passionate players we have had at the club for years. No idea about Bruce. He is also very driven like most footballers.

Ruckman clearances are totally irrelevant as most of them come as a result of a ruck free kick that neither ruckman, nor 95% of the crowd have idea why it was awarded.

That’s clearly not true. Well certainly not with Marshall. Watching the game tells you that.

If that was the plan then I doubt we would have pulled our offer for Goldstein off the table.
I’m thinking/guesssing that Marshall and Ryder will split the ruck time so Marshall can develop his forward game rather than never playing forward. We always seemed a tall short in front of the ball all year, just didn’t have anyone capable that we were prepared to spare out of the backline.

I love the way Bruce crashes packs and takes contested marks but his game IQ was low and cost us marks inside 50 taking out his own teammate who was in the best spot to mark. Like a teenage full forward trying to get every ball inside 50.

Happy to keep him, happy to see him go for the right price also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Cunico from geelong. I rated him early days.. just delisted. Surely worth a rookie spot at least?

Yeah, he was highly rated but haven't even heard his name for ages. I assume he just didn't come on?

Ain't even about that.

Riewoldt - Leader
Hayes - Leader
Hamill - Leader
Burke - Leader
Frawley - Leader

The club seems to agree with you austinnn.

yeah but you gotta work with the hand you are dealt .... perfect world we would have Longer being a competent ruckman or Lewie as a strong ruck option so Roma can learn and grow into the dominant player we hope him to be .. but Longer and Lewie were spuds , getting a in prime ruck or a on cusp of being in prime ruck is very very hard and also going to cost a bomb to do so if we pick a ruck on the way out of the game for a couple of serviceable years then so be it

I reckon Marshall just needs to play, no-one teaches New-Goat, they only bask in his presence. Ryder can carry his bots fo him if he's lucky. I think we just needed a back up in case of emergencies. Someone who can walk straight in if there was an injury but wasn't fussed playing VFL. A Soldo type of young okay player.

Things I like about ryder coming in:
1. Marshal has a good ruckman to train against/learn from .
2. If he plays sandy most of the year he makes that team so much better. A winning culture at sandy is good for the kids and the club.
3. If marshall goes down then we aren't completely screwed.

i know you had a long break Plugger but if you think i told you off then you need to re-read my post ...
so you are happy to pick up two lesser rucks cause you dont want them playing unless Marshall is injured ... great logic .... how bout this : its a strange concept that we havent had for some time but what if we get a fully competent Ruck in Ryder and have him and Marshall earn their spot in the 22 each week if both earn it then both play if one isnt cutting the mustard they go back to the VFL... pushes the overall standard up arournd the club ...
form dictates who playes and where they play signing Ryder doenst lock him to play every week signing him means we give him the opportunity to show he can play every week and if he doesnt preform we send him back , same goes for Roma , he has had a great year this year but forn drops he heads back to the twos differance is from this year to next if if Roma has a form drop we have a decent ruck to cover not two s**ttrucks

That's exactly why I don't want Ryder. Of course the experienced player will get first go on form but anyone with eyes can see Marshall will be a god. Taking him away from the ruck would be like cutting your fingers off so you don't need to trim your nails anymore. Seems smart but most people would think you were a **** wit for it.

Things I like about ryder coming in:
1. Marshal has a good ruckman to train against/learn from .
2. If he plays sandy most of the year he makes that team so much better. A winning culture at sandy is good for the kids and the club.
3. If marshall goes down then we aren't completely screwed.

Get Lade to bash him at training instead. Doubt we play finals so should be playing kids into experience ASAP.

Ain't even about that.

Riewoldt - Leader
Hayes - Leader
Hamill - Leader
Burke - Leader
Frawley - Leader

Good read , and I get what your saying.
Yes we do have coasters and we do have blokes that pay for personal training themselves outside of club training to drive themselves to the next level ....to be the best you have to beat the best.
It's ironic that all those leaders listed above did the extra things and were willing to push themselves into the red.
Mind you I'm not digging at anyone and totally admire the drive , sacrifice given by all those on AFL lists .

hahhaha, actually the way you've been for the last few months, you'd be the perfect Frenchman. Not generally that angry and occasionally witty, but generally exasperated and over-analytical and disappointed. I can see you shrugging right now.

You're lucky you aren't in baguette slapping range you Francophobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back