List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry man, didn’t mean to offend you.

We have to improve our kicking skills significantly IMO

Geary, Brown, Webster, Gray, Kent, Steele, Ross, Jones is about 8 too many poor kicks.
Since when is Webster a poor kick? I'd say his left foot is pretty good.

And Kent is a good field kick. One of our few who could hit a target inside 50 during the season. Goal kicking is horrendous but not alone on that front.

This years, next years and 24..
WC really have it in front of them.
The scenario you paint cannot work as they cannot trade out both their first and second this year.
That implies they need to get another second from somewhere.
And that implies trading something of value: player or future pick.

What interesting times.
Isn’t this fun?

Since when is Webster a poor kick? I'd say his left foot is pretty good.

And Kent is a good field kick. One of our few who could hit a target inside 50 during the season. Goal kicking is horrendous but not alone on that front.
He's a great pick when it comes off. Tries the pin point miracle kick too much. Much like Matty Suckling
No word on Brad Crouch , we might find out on Monday

Dunstan and pick 13
Not gonna happen. About as much chance as Coniglio mate.

I feel as though some lack clarity on Jones' position. This season he played as a pure mid, outside mid and defender. He played his best footy as a pure mid between rounds 1-6 before he got injured and averaged 26 disposals, 450 meters gained and 4.5 clearances. Those numbers are seriously good. For the rest of the season he floated between the wing and half back where he only averaged 20 disposals. He's only 24, has alot of untapped potential, is hard at the footy and most importantly was a mad saints fan growing up (well until nathan became a demon)

Zac Jones 77% disposal efficiency in 2019.

Great get IMHO
Kick efficiency and disposal efficiency are inaccurate and unrepresentative measure of a player especially a midfielder's kicking ability. Looking at their average turnovers and clangers is a far more representative way to see if someone is a good kick or a butcher. As for Jones he ranks 25th amongst mids for clangers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coffs best position will see him as a mid.

ATM the kid is a skinny 191 cm 19 yo with a not yet ready for AFL midfield body - but he's got the footy smarts, skill, pace to do the job. So much upside!!!

Patience young grasshopper!!!!

People forget how young the Coff is. He still hasn’t turned twenty yet. What we are seeing now and what he will dish out in two years time will be vastly different. He does have an aggressive rebounding edge about him though, I hope that Ratten can coax more of that out of him, and keep developing his physical attributes.

anigif_sub-buzz-12288-1517681237-1.gif

People forget how young the Coff is. He still hasn’t turned twenty yet. What we are seeing now and what he will dish out in two years time will be vastly different. He does have an aggressive rebounding edge about him though, I hope that Ratten can coax more of that out of him, and keep developing his physical attributes.
He's a bottom ager and so far the 3rd youngest player on our list, he's closer in age to Jack Bytel than Hunter Clark. At times he looks so young on the field, but that won't be the case for long. He will eventually become the player he was at TAC level, but the AFL player version.

Sorry man, didn’t mean to offend you.

We have to improve our kicking skills significantly IMO

Geary, Brown, Webster, Gray, Kent, Steele, Ross, Jones is about 8 too many poor kicks.

So out of the ones I left out, Paton and coff can use the ball. Paton I like and would play his role.
Coff still a long way off. Showed improvement which is great. But still soft and doesn’t use his foot skills in a way that are very beneficial to the team. Chips sideways generally.

We can only use what we have.

Is Gray poor by foot? I always thought he was quite creative. Didn’t take much notice of him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back