List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was bruce. Seems like 33 for jack. I don’t think we should pay part of jacks wage

Down at Geelong they have creative ways to pay players its a well know reputation. You guys cannot buckle.

Half his wage is at least 400k, which is enough for a good player.

It if is a close game against Geelong next season and Jack plays to his usual standard, we essentially would have payed 400k to lose that game.

I understand the frustration however is that 400k going to get us a good player? We will first need that good player to ask for a trade which won’t happen. If you take the emotion out of it, paying part/half wage isn’t an issue.

Absolute bargain for Cats and an insult Saints paying part of his wage to fit in their cap.
Feel a bit cheated brother.. oh well as long as Stuv is happy right?

We should demand Charlie Constable for paying half of his wage

I understand the frustration however is that 400k going to get us a good player? We will first need that good player to ask for a trade which won’t happen. If you take the emotion out of it, paying part/half wage isn’t an issue.
We could use that 400k to front load someones contract this year and have more room next year to chase someone
If we are paying half needs to be a better pick than something in the 30s

Would be the wage of Dougal Howard if he nominated us. Also gives Geelong the ability to add another good player to their list that they otherwise wouldn't have.

I just hate the practice all round. He has broken his contract, so why should be be paying his wage from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I’ve heard Phillips will be traded to Collingwood, what is he worth in a trade?
Would that pick be enough to combine with Bruce for the dogs 13?

We could use that 400k to front load someones contract this year and have more room next year to chase someone
If we are paying half needs to be a better pick than something in the 30s

I don’t think it will make much difference in the long run. It annoys me too however the big picture is that it won’t affect our contract structuring that much going forward.

As much as it will annoy plugger me saying this, I think it will be a relief I for the club to move on from Jack. New club / new culture. Cho, Armo, Steven, Bruce, Newnes, etc gone. New era, coach & leadership group at the club. Only Gears & Ross From the old brigade remains.

I don’t think it will make much difference in the long run. It annoys me too however the big picture is that it won’t affect our contract structuring that much going forward.

As much as it will annoy plugger me saying this, I think it will be a relief I for the club to move on from Jack. New club / new culture. Cho, Armo, Steven, Bruce, Newnes, etc gone. New era, coach & leadership group at the club. Only Gears & Ross From the old brigade remains.
It annoys me because the older players aren’t holding us back. If anything we don’t have enough of them.

It annoys me because the older players aren’t holding us back. If anything we don’t have enough of them.
Hill & Ryder helps

Jones/Gray/Butler all mature bodies

We got very little from Armo, Steven & Newnes in 2019. Bruce I think we cover. I’m not usually one to agree with Plow but he’s spot on that Bruce is surplus. We either stick with Bruce or back in King, which we are doing. Better off trying something different when we haven’t played finals for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back