List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have to pay a portion of his salary I say aim for 24. It is a 2nd round pick anyway and will likely go backwards due to bidding etc
Pick will be used for Zac Jones anyway?

Am I the only one who would take Toby McLean in a straight swap for Bruce?

Think he would add a different dynamic to our midfield - hasn’t really played much midfield in 2019
Oh dear!

GT would like to see you in his office pronto!

Losing Armo, Bruce and Steven money they probably need to pay more to get to minimum cap again anyway. Ryder, hill and jones would equal less than those three I would’ve thought.

+1 Not 1 cent should we be paying
Jack taking the p1ss if he expects us to
I can't believe we are going to pay it. Pretty much paying our best player to play for Geelong.

If Jack wants to break his contract and play for the Cats, then he should be expected to take a pay cut to fit into their cap. Not our responsibility to pay him his wage from a contract he doesn't want to honour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick will be used for Zac Jones anyway?
Now that is just downright inflammetry!

Even Jackie Childs is outraged! Who told you to put a valuation on Jones?
This is agregious, unconstitutional and a gross infringement on trade rules!

IMO If he does play again I doubt it would be without the full clearance of independent doctors and also the football clubs medical staff.
So he won't be saying " ahh stuff it , I know it's a huge risk but I'm gonna play anyway".
It will be a straight forward YES he can play or NO he can't based on future medical advice.
So if he is cleared and he wants to play again then good luck to him with another chance.

But in saying that I am actually doubtful he will get the all clear .
Agree. Highly highly doubtful.
If this were my son I know I'd be doing everything I could to talk him out of going on at this point.

Now that is just downright inflammetry!

Even Jackie Childs is outraged! Who told you to put a valuation on Jones?
This is agregious, unconstitutional and a gross infringement on trade rules!
I want Jackie back.

I like the Jones get, has campaigner in him like Lenny. Only Steele has it in our current team.

I can't believe we are going to pay it. Pretty much paying our best player to play for Geelong.

If Jack wants to break his contract and play for the Cats, then he should be expected to take a pay cut to fit into their cap. Not our responsibility to pay him his wage from a contract he doesn't want to honour.
Has it been confirmed we are paying it ? or just BF talk

So Geelong have squeezed WC's pick 14 & 24 this yr & next yr's first rd pick..
But Cleary keeps saying that the Cats should offer pick 33 & we're paying a slice of his wage..
If we agree to pay a part of his wage they can give us pick 24 at a minimum..
If Geelong don’t want to find a mid second rounder or better that they want to pay then Stuv can take the pay cut. Why is Stuv being guaranteed a full wage at Geelong?

Pick 33 for Steven would be fine if we're not paying his salary.

Would be happy to pay half for pick 24.

If Geelong don't come to the party it would not be unreasonable to tell Steven he takes the salary hit to get to his destination.

I am all about doing the right thing by the player but it is incredibly unreasonable to want to break your contract for personal reasons and still expect the pay check, especially when you are well enough to fulfil the obligations of your contract with a competitor.

Would lose respect for the club, Steven and Geelong if that is where things land. Would be an absolute disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back