List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy for the club to pay some of Jack's wage if we get a decent pick for him.

Pick 50 odd is useless to us.

A 2nd rounder can bring in a ready made replacement of give us a chance to extract a 1st round pick for Bruce.
Bruce Steven and 400k for pick 13. No way.

My biggest issue with Jack leaving for Geelong is this-

Jack's mental health woes have been well documented and his desire to get back around his family is understandable even if they are only a couple of hours drive away. However, he is a contracted player for next year.

Tim Kelly has his own personal family issues. He needs to return to the familiar surrounds of his own family network in Perth for the benefit of his kids and their development problems. It might not come under the umbrella of 'mental health' but it still is very much personal and emotional issues involved for him. His family is a 4 hour flight away. Kelly is not contracted.

IMO there is much similarity in the two cases. Yet all I hear is that the Saints must do the 'right thing' by Jack, whereas Geelong have publicly stated they will play hard ball in any negotiations with the Eagles. And there's been no public outcry over that.

I'm not suggesting there's any parity in their trade values (Jack is after all 4 years older). Rather, just the way it seems like its going to pan out. The Cats can call the tune on their unhappy camper and extract his right value yet we have to do the 'right thing' and take unders. Considering both deals involve Geelong it seems mighty unfair to me.

Again, it's not about what we get for Jack, it's just that we should be able to barter as hard as we can to get the best deal for us. Like the Cats and Kelly.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I thought he looked pretty promising early on. I don't know why he didn't get more games. He was an outside player when we needed one and never gave him more games. His VFL form was pretty ordinary though so probably didn't earn it.

In the words of MRS BENAUD: "The cream, the bone, the white, the off-white, the ivory or the beige?" Sums him up.

Good luck finding a better deal than that.

The media was talking 58 for Jack and 32 for Bruce a few days back.
Ha ha yep that’s right. We were worried about 56 for Steven. We were saying we should pay to get that second pick! It is what it is. Hopefully there’s a little shuffle of picks somewhere else, but sounds like that’s the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like bird_mans suggestion of:
Steven for Pick 33
Bruce and 33 for Pick 13

Gives us 6 and 13 to get Hill, Jones, Ryder and Butler.

Trade the future 2nd for Jones. McKenzie for a 3rd/Butler. Ryder for a 4th/5th.

Id then look at seeing how many 2nds we can get from freo with Pick 13 on the Hill trade.

My biggest issue with Jack leaving for Geelong is this-

Jack's mental health woes have been well documented and his desire to get back around his family is understandable even if they are only a couple of hours drive away. However, he is a contracted player for next year.

Tim Kelly has his own personal family issues. He needs to return to the familiar surrounds of his own family network in Perth for the benefit of his kids and their development problems. It might not come under the umbrella of 'mental health' but it still is very much personal and emotional issues involved for him. His family is a 4 hour flight away. Kelly is not contracted.

IMO there is much similarity in the two cases. Yet all I hear is that the Saints must do the 'right thing' by Jack, whereas Geelong have publicly stated they will play hard ball in any negotiations with the Eagles. And there's been no public outcry over that.

I'm not suggesting there's any parity in their trade values (Jack is after all 4 years older). Rather, just the way it seems like its going to pan out. The Cats can call the tune on their unhappy camper and extract his right value yet we have to do the 'right thing' and take unders. Considering both deals involve Geelong it seems mighty unfair to me.

Again, it's not about what we get for Jack, it's just that we should be able to barter as hard as we can to get the best deal for us. Like the Cats and Kelly.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
The both may have issues living away from “home” and from friends and family.

However one played the year in form good enough to be considered for Brownlows, B&Fs and other awards.

While the other played only a handful of games and when he did looked like he was auditioning for Down And Out In Beverly Hills 2.

I think that has as much to do with the difference in valuations as does the 4 year age gap or any other factors.

Would rather keep both than accept that. Would dodo accept that. No way.
Well that won't happen.

Gotta be realistic. If we were desperate to keep Bruce we would have offered him a contract.

Not much we can do about Jack. Unfortunately his value has dropped off a cliff this year. Expecting anymore than a 2nd rounder is ludicrous.

Getting Hill, Jones and Ryder in and staying in the first round at the expense of Bruce and Steven would be good trading.

I thought he looked pretty promising early on. I don't know why he didn't get more games. He was an outside player when we needed one and never gave him more games. His VFL form was pretty ordinary though so probably didn't earn it.
I dunno how we ended up with all these players who can run but not play footy. Geary gets by on heart, Newnes might as well be umpiring out there while he's jogging around, Phillips and DMac have a look on their face like they've just dropped out of the womb half the time. Ridiculous.

Don't think it's all his fault. He gets the players in. Then it's up to the others.
You had me with your comments about us not settling for unders when it comes to Bruce/Steven and 400K

Twas all destroyed in one felt swoop with your praising of that smelly turd! :poo:

He would be a better get then Gray & Butler put together IMO

Would avg 25 touches playing full time mid - have a look at 2018 stats when Bevo played him there before Libba & Dunkley Winmar2Lockett

Don’t rate him. He’s another Shane Birss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back