List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno how we ended up with all these players who can run but not play footy. Geary gets by on heart, Newnes might as well be umpiring out there while he's jogging around, Phillips and DMac have a look on their face like they've just dropped out of the womb half the time. Ridiculous.

It's pretty depressing actually. At the start of next season we will probably have moved on 25 players from our 2017 list if things go as expected. That shows either awful recruiting or weird list management. Stability and continuity is actually a massive advantage to performance. Apart from Hill not many recruits are going to be a massive upgrade and we will lose Stuv, Bruce and a top 10 pick and most access to the draft to get our haul. Plenty of youth look like they are probably on the outer and even the more promising youth are being talked about in trades like Long and Parker. I hope we get it right this time. Hopefully it's part of a bigger plan that will make sense eventually.

You had me with your comments about us not settling for unders when it comes to Bruce/Steven and 400K

Twas all destroyed in one felt swoop with your praising of that smelly turd! :poo:

He'd be getting us a pick 5 for Bruce and slapping Geelong in a face with his dick if they offered less than pick 26 if he was our LM. He's a ^%$# but he gets what he wants for the club generally.

Personally I would wait to se what happens with Cox and Daniher. Suddenly Collingwood might come to the table and even essendon. If methedon get two first rounders for the later, Bruce would be a steal at 13.

I would not get your hopes up with the Pies. With keeping Elliot they are hard up salary cap wise and so I cannot see them trumping the Dogs offer.

The Dons would be more of a chance. But I would imagine that Brice would prefer the Dogs who are on the rise.

I blame his lack of development on the club, he’s shown glimpses of potential and that’s about it.

It’s not his fault that he gets picked when he’s done nothing the week before, it’s not his fault that when dropped he’s promoted the next week despite not producing at VFL level and it’s not his fault we made a kid who isn’t best 22 part of the leadership group. We’re killing him imo by not developing his game in the middle at VFL level, he has no idea how to get cheap possessions or find space and so just goes missing.

He has the tools to be a player and it’s up to the club to develop that at VFL level where he can be given some midfield time and freedom to back himself in.
I'd like to see him come off the HBF, has speed, can tackle, great field kick and spent time at the Dogs VFL off the HBF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that won't happen.

Gotta be realistic. If we were desperate to keep Bruce we would have offered him a contract.

Not much we can do about Jack. Unfortunately his value has dropped off a cliff this year. Expecting anymore than a 2nd rounder is ludicrous.

Getting Hill, Jones and Ryder in and staying in the first round at the expense of Bruce and Steven would be good trading.
Their both contracted we don’t need to offer a contract he has one and both can be kept by simply saying no.

Bruce I would gladly keep if pick 13 isn’t on the table, jack Steven I’m happy enough to take a second 24 and we pay 33 and they can poke it where the sun doesn’t shine. Maybe 33 and 36 for jack, cash and a later pick.

Anyway St Kilda must extract maximum value from trading contracted, required players just as Geelong are seeking to do with Kelly.

Your lucky thats all I said , he is really getting some sh1t advice IMO, time will tell
you know what'd be shitty advice, telling a 21 y.o. kid who dreams of playing AFL that after suffering concussions and after effects to the degree he has that his life as he knows it is over, let it spread it all over the media and potentially lead to mental health issues beyond what he's even going through.

the moral thing to do would be to support Paddy and see that he gets the best care possible.

Rather than 24 I would ask for 33 and 41, so that we could take to other trades or draft picks. And Geelong would still be a mile in front. They should be giving us a lst round pick for Jack. It is wrong that we let them get away with this thievery. Do you all believe that Tim Kelly is worth four or five times what Jack is worth?

I can't believe we are going to pay it. Pretty much paying our best player to play for Geelong.

If Jack wants to break his contract and play for the Cats, then he should be expected to take a pay cut to fit into their cap. Not our responsibility to pay him his wage from a contract he doesn't want to honour.

100% The club has done A LOT to accommodate Steven. Very poor deal, and form, IF it happens.

Ok for those of you (like me) that missed the latest Steven development it is this (as part of the Kelly to WCE deal).

Should Geelong get its hands on 33, that is a selection that has been earmarked for the acquisition of Saint Jack Steven.

With the Saints now expecting to receive a second-round selection, it is understood both parties are on the same page in the Saints paying a portion of his wage for 2020.

+1 Not 1 cent should we be paying
Jack taking the p1ss if he expects us to
You know Jack has nothing to do with that right?
I for one hope we pay a bit and improve our pick.
I can never understand why people get worked up over cap space that's paid by the AFL. Posters be acting like it's their membership money ffs..

The both may have issues living away from “home” and from friends and family.

However one played the year in form good enough to be considered for Brownlows, B&Fs and other awards.

While the other played only a handful of games and when he did looked like he was auditioning for Down And Out In Beverly Hills 2.

I think that has as much to do with the difference in valuations as does the 4 year age gap or any other factors.
Short memory

You know Jack has nothing to do with that right?
I for one hope we pay a bit and improve our pick.
I can never understand why people get worked up over cap space that's paid by the AFL. Posters be acting like it's their membership money ffs..
What a load Rubbish
No its cap space that we could use on other players

It's pretty depressing actually. At the start of next season we will probably have moved on 25 players from our 2017 list if things go as expected. That shows either awful recruiting or weird list management. Stability and continuity is actually a massive advantage to performance. Apart from Hill not many recruits are going to be a massive upgrade and we will lose Stuv, Bruce and a top 10 pick and most access to the draft to get our haul. Plenty of youth look like they are probably on the outer and even the more promising youth are being talked about in trades like Long and Parker. I hope we get it right this time. Hopefully it's part of a bigger plan that will make sense eventually.
Would love to know what the plan is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back