List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave up almost two years of draft picks. It was always going to hurt them 3-5 years down the track when the players they could have drafted would have been coming through.
Now they are relying on guys like Scully and Paton to keep them in finals contention.
From what I recall he lost a lot of media incentive extras or something? Worked out to be about 50k a year.

I rate Doogs but 5 years on 600k a year is enormous money. We must rate him way up there.

Are the contract lengths just guesses? We've got him down for 4 in our contract thread. But there was no mention in the link of length.
After his efforts on port yesterday. Worth the money

Brad Crouch out with another hamstring injury. Starting to look like Hanners mark 2.

Hard pass from me now.

Williams as a FA. Otherwise look at Caldwell and Brodie if they are available. Constable and Wines too, but only if we are moving Dunstan on.

Essendon to lure Wines across to Melbourne , but get bogged down in Dodo only wanting to give them a 4th rounder and Orazio Fantasea.
We offer Dunstan, Ross, Savage, and a future 2nd.
After a night out with Dougal, Paddy and Austin, Wines is convinced and it all goes smooth as silk.

With Hanners probably finished, we need a mid or two now more than ever.
10 games in 2 years says we've never particularly had him.
His purpose thus far has been to improve our footy standards and having him around to help a young group developed is just what we'll probably have to accept.
I don't mind so much since he isn't part of the long term list, and we can get the kids into the team.
Onward and upward. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Hammy's are stuffed. Reckon put a fork in him. Hope I'm wrong
hard to argue with that currently. Still think it's been a win either way, it's not like we were tight on cap space when he came, and he n lethers put us on the map as a destination club. Would be doing great work behind the scenes too. You win some you lose some. Much prefer to get someone like hanners who is an out and out champ (not the same way plugger's a 'champ' ;) ), rather than spending big on a crouch/jager/shiel that aren't worth more than 700 but would have commanded closer to a mil.

Maybe I'm wrong in that but prefer to have someone that helps the whole group grow rather than an expensive a grade mid that doesn't have the other qualities. As scrappy said too, the silver lining is bytel/byrnes/clark get more of a chance to run through the middle now.

Hopefully by the end of the year we'll be a team that can attract the best players on the dream of winning premierships over just a big payday

9 games left before finals which will be completed in 7 weeks, Hanners 2020 is done!

Thereā€™s the likelihood of at least one bye and maybe a 2 week pause for quarantine when teams return to Qld after coming home for a few weeks.

If his injury lay off is 9 weeks which includes a 3-4 week period of getting miles back into his legs then heā€™s an outside chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So right on cue josh kelly has perhaps the best game by any player for the whole year.

Discuss?
Lucky we got the secret weapon šŸ˜ƒ

mVbt845.jpg

I think the Hammy's are stuffed. Reckon put a fork in him. Hope I'm wrong
I'm a physio, he is definitely not done but will need to be managed in future, ie no trips to Perth sitting on a plane unless for a final or long bus trips, but we should get 15 games a year out of him. Interestingly, I have heard from a mate who is involved at the Saints in a similar capacity to mine that they believe he was the major reason the famous five came over to St Kilda last summer. If that's the case, his 10 games pale into insignificance compared to the legacy he will leave in changing the culture and perception fo the club.

Will Brodie is growing on me .6 feet 2 inside Mid ,pick 9 In draft year .A future second anyone ?
If he can't get a game at Gold Coast do we want him? It's not like Butler who played in a flag and then couldn't get into the team that won another flag. We want best 18 players? Who do you think he would replace from our mids? He's not as good as, cough, cough, Seb Ross?

Thereā€™s the likelihood of at least one bye and maybe a 2 week pause for quarantine when teams return to Qld after coming home for a few weeks.

If his injury lay off is 9 weeks which includes a 3-4 week period of getting miles back into his legs then heā€™s an outside chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is Hanners we are talking about , no chance in hell he will play again this season which is a shame but lets try and get him right for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back