List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the story with Dumont feeling out trades over at least the last couple of seasons, and by moving out of the leadership group. He probably hasn't been a happy camper for a little while. Maybe similar to Tarrant.

I think it’s more of a case that he thought he was valued higher than what the market did. The fact that we haven’t offered him a contract and no one has come knocking suggests this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't like posts that disrespect our players that have committed their heart soul to our club.

That's what rubbish looks like.

You can have an opinion without denigrating our players.

While we have footballers of Dumonts ability in our best 22 then we are destined for mediocrity.

Simple as that.

Move on.

Your in the wrong type of forum if you don’t like listening to peoples opinion.

DUMONT IS USELESS IN TODAYS FOOTBALL LANDSCAPE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately when you finish 17th & 18th the last 2 seasons , not much better before that & embark on a full scale rebuild. You will get those type of decisions & player losses along the way.
2-3 from last season Jmac , Maj etc Dumont & Atley this season .
Unfortunately our fans need to realise that without these hard sensitive decisions we cannot head forward .
We know what we were / are getting with these players but we don’t with the kids . I said it before , I rather give a chance to 2-3 kids , let them learn , **** up & get experience than keep playing guys that would struggle getting a game in any other club .
It’s a tough bloody industry. Do you think most recently, it did not kill the GoDees fans to see Nathan Jones not pick up a flag ? But No , the GoDees chose not to select Him in benefit of what we are all here for as players & members. (To win the flag) . The GoDees not only picked their best possible in form side for that flag but also sent a strong message to the youngest players in that team . The Kozy’s , Bowie’s etc … of what a privilege it is to be representing your team ahead of a 300+ gamer watching it from home .
How do you think these guys felt running out on GF day with that in mind ?
That is the exact level & professionalism we should aim for each & every day from now on at our club .
No more cellar dwellers, & let’s win the flag .

Agree with everything you say - I just think we can be respectful as we transition our playing group.

it’s very exciting

While we have footballers of Dumonts ability in our best 22 then we are destined for mediocrity.

Simple as that.

Move on.

Your in the wrong type of forum if you don’t like listening to peoples opinion.

DUMONT IS USELESS IN TODAYS FOOTBALL LANDSCAPE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share your opinion all you like mate but it’s not to much to expect people show some respect to our players

saying someone isn’t up to it anymore is fine

SB22 not sure I think it is a great idea to offload one of our few defensive mids, especially at only 26 years of age, but yeah I get it he ain't as shiney as a new toy. but then I ain't gonna be losing too much sleep when I will watching JHF next year. but seriously Chol get a end of second rounder, and Jake Kelly get a third rounder, well sorry I just don't get it Dumont has both those guys covered as a footballer.

He obviously hasn't got these covered as at this stage both chol and Kelly were both wanted and wanted by a couple of clubs if you believe the reports

I still don't understand why unless there's an equal or better player than CCJ in the PSD, that we aren't walking him there.

Everything should be on Richmond to satisfy a deal to get done.

That's the only scenario in which we should be handing over 38 or whatever pick it is now.

He obviously hasn't got these covered as at this stage both chol and Kelly were both wanted and wanted by a couple of clubs if you believe the reports

there’s your first problem.. 😉

Share your opinion all you like mate but it’s not to much to expect people show some respect to our players

saying someone isn’t up to it anymore is fine
Maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen a lack of respect. Saying you don’t think a player should be part of the club‘s plans given their recent performance/upside from here/suitability for the game plan seems reasonable. As is arguing the opposite, if you think the player still offers skills and experience and strength on field that will be useful.

In the end, without cutting to the bone and going all Melbourne 2009, Brady and the club have shown that they are very ready to say goodbye to players who are out of contract and don’t fit their future plans, no matter how “heart and soul” they have been, so the year we finish bottom won’t be the year that changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being naturally pushed out is fine but Dumont is still best 22 and is the exact role model we need to teach, mentor and bring these guys through. Training standards, two way defensive running, running patterns, selflessness, culture etc don't automatically arrive with new draftees.

Also - if you demand loyalty and buy-in - you need to live those team values.

Regarding skills - you need a blend and you need experience and smarts - that can compete with speed.

Balance.

If that was the case why have we not put an offer to him, or are you saying we have but he is holding out for more.... too me if the coaching staff wanted him he would have re-signed by now ala Parker Cripps Merrett.... to me we are seeing what else is available and if nothing better then we will revert back if he is still avail

I still don't understand why unless there's an equal or better player than CCJ in the PSD, that we aren't walking him there.

That's the only scenario in which we should be handing over 38 or whatever pick it is now.
I can't wrap my head around it either. I don't understand why Luffy is looking at past trades and figuring out what's fair. Richmond should be doing that. They know North have the leverage so should be starting at fair. North should be starting at unfair and working their way down to '**** you' (PSD).

I thought the whole purpose of offering him a bigger contract was so that North could low ball richmond and CCJ not care.

I can't wrap my head around it either. I don't understand why Luffy is looking at past trades and figuring out what's fair. Richmond should be doing that. They know North have the leverage so should be starting at fair. North should be starting at unfair and working their way down to 'fu** you' (PSD).

I thought the whole purpose of offering him a bigger contract was so that North could low ball richmond and CCJ not care.
Its about the media narrative.
No one is say he is worth pick 20 anymore.
I think it was actually a clever thing to say.

We won't know that though for a week or so will we.... with cerra Dawson and even lipinski there is still abit of daylight btw the bid and the offer.... makes more sense to get ccj done quickly and move on... personally think 38 is a fair deal irrelevant of the taz deal. If they are wanting to merge the two deals then yes it should move back a fair bit

Forgive my complete trade illiteracy, but ive seen it suggested elsewhere that what we may be trying to do with gold coast, get 19 in for a salary dump and future pick, is not something that the afl would allow to happen.

They sighted a "similar" attempted deal between freo and collingwood involving chris mayne that the afl put a stop to, carlton and port adelaide with the lobb trade as well.

Is this legit something the AFL might step in to stop or am I just reading salty fans bs?

Its about the media narrative.
No one is say he is worth pick 20 anymore.
I think it was actually a clever thing to say.
Yeah how sad is it when our recruiters have to ‘offset’ the media narrative because those Richmond media flogs have already tried to set his trade value up as if CCJ is Dean Cox in his prime..

That was my point... the poster made it sound like salary cuts were the root cause.... we don't have any of that so obviously that's not the reason....

No, the cuts aren't the root of the cause, they are more a reason why other clubs aren't showing the interest in Trent.

It's pretty obvious that Trent is on the outer because North are heading in a different direction and see him as expendable, while we introduce more young talent into our midfield.

Forgive my complete trade illiteracy, but ive seen it suggested elsewhere that what we may be trying to do with gold coast, get 19 in for a salary dump and future pick, is not something that the afl would allow to happen.

They sighted a "similar" attempted deal between freo and collingwood involving chris mayne that the afl put a stop to, carlton and port adelaide with the lobb trade as well.

Is this legit something the AFL might step in to stop or am I just reading salty fans bs?
Some are saying it’s the AFL’s way of giving us a PP, without giving us a PP..

Part of the Colonel’s (Gil) special herbs & spices.

If that was the case why have we not put an offer to him, or are you saying we have but he is holding out for more.... too me if the coaching staff wanted him he would have re-signed by now ala Parker Cripps Merrett.... to me we are seeing what else is available and if nothing better then we will revert back if he is still avail

I have no idea but I understand we have not put an offer to him.

the club seems to have several balls in the air and no rush on signing our last four out of contract players - which is exciting to see what’s possible.

I havd seen reporting on both Ats and Dumont staying if there are spots , I’ve read nor heard anything about Ham and Campbell but I guess the same applies. CCJ to end for Campbell I am guessing

Some are saying it’s the AFL’s way of giving us a PP, without giving us a PP..

Part of the Colonel’s (Gil) special herbs & spices.

could be.

The report is we are ‘working on’ so maybe that means ‘trying to structure a legal exchange’

I can’t see the issue if we exchange picks snd player -

I guess it could be seen as salary cap tampering, is that the issue?

I hope it gets approved that’s for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back