List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to taking McPherson and #19 from GC l would be interested to know how that happened. Did North go to them? Did they come to us or did McPhersons manager approach other clubs and we took up the offer.? Leverage is so wonderful if we have it...

In regards to taking McPherson and #19 from GC l would be interested to know how that happened. Did North go to them? Did they come to us or did McPhersons manager approach other clubs and we took up the offer.? Leverage is so wonderful if we have it...

I’d assume Clayton and his relationship with GC probably had something to do with it.

It is also another example of why “playing nice” in regards to trading is beneficial long-term. We haven’t f**** over GC before, so they’d be more willing to do an exchange like this with us, then a club that has.

I’m not saying we overpay for CCJ, but more that Pick 38 is fine rather then the PSD. Being seen as a “fair” club to deal with, is why GC will likely knock back Dodoros call when he sees the report of this trade and starts sniffing around.

there was an article 2 days ago saying some GC players were looking for homes and there was a squeeze on cap.
Assume we just jumped on it and called up

McPherson is lucky to have made an afl list too small can’t play going nowhere .I don’t know what happened to Brody saw him as a junior absolute star If we get anyone from Gold Coast should be him.
MacPherson has shown a lot more than Brodie. Don't let your junior bias get in the way.

This patch of form in 2019 was impressive considering he was playing for a rubbish team.

1633139317659.png

I’d assume Clayton and his relationship with GC probably had something to do with it.

It is also another example of why “playing nice” in regards to trading is beneficial long-term. We haven’t f**** over GC before, so they’d be more willing to do an exchange like this with us, then a club that has.

I’m not saying we overpay for CCJ, but more that Pick 38 is fine rather then the PSD. Being seen as a “fair” club to deal with, is why GC will likely knock back Dodoros call when he sees the report of this trade and starts sniffing around.
I would also say the GC said ....which club is likely to have salary cap space....and our name came top of mind.

It's the advantage of always being seen to space in the cap - whether that is actually true or not.

Well, as far as Trent goes we have Polec, who is contracted and spent a heap of coin in 2021 running around in the 2s.

McDonald is also capable of playing that defensive winger.

Not sure I liked lmac as the winger this year... think I'd prefer him back and bscott as that defensive one

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

MacPherson has shown a lot more than Brodie. Don't let your junior bias get in the way.

This patch of form in 2019 was impressive considering he was playing for a rubbish team.

View attachment 1251275
Put up his stats for this year and last.
If you think we’re going to be a better team with Darcy in it (if he gets a game) your kidding yourself.
No junior bias Brody was easily a much better player hence he was drafted pretty high IIRC

I’ve 100% lost count of spots and available spots!

what’d the actual status - do you know? Rules change every 5 minutes and I can’t keep up

That I know... if everyone signs up now we have 4 spots avail.... assuming ccj and lynch over the line then we are down to 2.... our rookie list is full... with four picks or maybe 5 so means at least 2 of ats frog ham or TC have to go....

If you think we’re going to be a better team with Darcy in it (if he gets a game) your kidding yourself.
No junior bias Brody was easily a much better player hence he was drafted pretty high IIRC
The stats are there to show what he can do, not what he can't do. Because you said he doesn't deserve to be on an AFL list.

Where players get drafted means nothing if after 5 years in the AFL system, they're at the crossroads and probably would be delisted if Brodie wasn't contracted.

The stats are there to show what he can do, not what he can't do. Because you said he doesn't deserve to be on an AFL list.

Where players get drafted means nothing if after 5 years in the AFL system, they're at the crossroads and probably would be delisted if Brodie wasn't contracted.
We have better mids than Brodie.
Our small forwards are average. Macpherson improves us IMO.

How is saying we need to move past fringe, scrubbers (for want of a better term)not a completely unremarkable statement in a trade thread?

We finished 18th, we are no good.

I think you need to understand the difference between a statement of fact and the denigration of long term servants.

I’m of the opinion, with his level of ability with ball in hand, we are better off going for the faster, more athletic, line breaking type who shanks a few rather than the slow, cumbersome bloke who to my eyes, is essentially a square peg in a round hole.

It would be nice, if we were the ones with the weapons trying to be stopped - for once.

With Thomas, Horne, LDU, Powell etc we will shortly be the danger.
I suppose i will throw my 2 bobs worth in. I am with The Y Factor 100% There is a better way to say or comment on our players than some on here do.

We have a few on here that reckon we are crap our players are spuds Vanilla Hacks Shitmen. It is just hard to hear for be being a life time supporter of our great club. There are plenty on here that have played a good level of footy and will know how hard it is to make it never less onto our NMFC list the greatest club on the planet. Every current and past player should have our ut most RESPECT. I have know problem with posters opinions on players we all have one but just be a little respectful of how we treat them. T he great players and the not so great players all still put their body on the line week in week out for us as supporters and the NMFC. We had our BF last night imagine walking up to Cunners and saying well done mate but i still think we are crap and so is XYZ players well good luck with that. We are all allowed our opinions of course we are but like The Y Factor said lets do it with a tad of respect please.

I dont know enough about him but he does fit a positional need, our team knows what he brings - his best attributes are defensive pressure - we need that. He works hard on tackling, one per centers etc and has shown he can get possessions.

Nothing to lose imo - all upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deal with GC is less about getting Macpherson and more about getting pick 19, with Darcy and his contract the means to get that pick

Even if we do consider the player, at worst Macpherson is depth in a position of need that can push for a spot in the 22 . Brodie is purely an inside mid - would be about 8th in line for midfield minutes for us

Dont mean to have a go, but asking someone to post Macpherson's stats from the last two years in one sentence...but then going on to say how much better Brodie was as a junior five years ago in another is a bit "pot calling the kettle black" for mine

there was an article 2 days ago saying some GC players were looking for homes and there was a squeeze on cap.
Assume we just jumped on it and called up

ESP if need do find serious coin to try to attract king to sign long term this year rather than having a year of speculation

Nobes said we are what 2 smalls down where he would like us.... dmac in for the tackling pressure keep it in there... and then get stengle in for that bit of small fwd X factor crumbs.... looking forward to watching him tomorrow.... big game and will be on a few teams radars...

Geelong's reputation for trading in good faith has let them snare some bargains like Ablett's return, Tuohy, Kelly picks heck even Rohan was alright for pick 62.

View attachment 1251275
Dat tackle count o_O

I watch 1-2 GC games every year depending on if we play them 1 - 2 times. Can anyone tell me the sort of forward he compares to?

Geelong's reputation for trading in good faith has let them snare some bargains like Ablett's return, Tuohy, Kelly picks heck even Rohan was alright for pick 62.

Dat tackle count o_O

He was playing mid then though wasn't he

He was playing mid then though wasn't he

Still good for a midfielder indicating tackling ability in general.

I watch 1-2 GC games every year depending on if we play them 1 - 2 times. Can anyone tell me the sort of forward he compares to?

Plays a similar position to what Turner played in our forward line.
Similar goal output.
More tackles.
Similar player. Maybe better?
IDK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back