List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If GWS offered pick 2, Taylor, Taranto and one of Ash or Hopper I would think about it but most likely they would also need to include a future first.

If GWS offered pick 2, Taylor, Taranto and one of Ash or Hopper I would think about it but most likely they would also need to include a future first.
I'd consider it. As long as they don't think for a second they can avoid giving hilly his recording studio.

Good post right up until you called us a sh*t team. i truly wish posters would not call us sh*t. We are far from it for many reasons on and off the field.
Fair enough point. I personally draw the line at directing that kind of language at the players, for various reasons, but I think it's an acceptable description of how the team has been playing the last two years. I'm certainly not calling the club itself or any individuals out.

Do any of the people writing Hill off here know anything about him? I like Jack but I'm not sure we'll ever see him do this:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/674002...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1630669828001
I posted the comparison between Hill and Mahony, and yes, I have seen Hill play, probably before anybody else on this board. Hill played in the Academy team in his draft year, against Werribee (when the North alignment was in place). It was a pretty hot team - 2 Kings, Quaynor, Rhylee West, our own TT and Curtis Taylor etc etc - and Hill made things happen when he got - which is to say, when someone gave it to him on the outside. In other words, he didn't win his own ball, hence the comparison with Mahony, and as you can see from his AFL stats, Hill's junior game is still his AFL game - imo, we need more manic forward pressure, not a finisher

Fair enough point. I personally draw the line at directing that kind of language at the players, for various reasons, but I think it's an acceptable description of how the team has been playing the last two years. I'm certainly not calling the club itself or any individuals out.
Yeah fair enough i would prefer to say we are playing poorly.

Probably need to differentiate 'team' from 'club'.

If the team that finished last, a game and a half behind 2nd last, after finishing percentage above last the previous year, and sat in last spot all year, with the worst percentage all year, having not beaten anyone who made the finals, and beaten by 17th, 16th (by nearly 10 goals), and 15th (by 40+ twice) isn't defined as 'sh*t', then few teams will ever be defined as 'sh*t'

And the club has certainly been 'sh*t' to let the team get in that position. But otherwise the club has done very well to cement themselves in the competition. And right now, they are doing well to get the team above the level of 'sh*t' but nothing is guaranteed and the team may be 'sh*t' for some time yet.
Yeah i suppose that some times my posts are just a waste of time.

That was actually Brady who said that they would come into 41/42 or under range.
He referenced the Daicos & Darcy picks specifically removing picks not passing.
Well I think he is absolutely right in terms of what the picks will be after the Daicos & Darcy bids. But unfortunately that's not the end of the story as there's likely to be at least another 3, possibly 5, players bid before it gets to our two picks.

I think the one positive is that all the picks between 42 & 47 will likely go to matching bids, so they will become consecutive picks and that might give us some more flexibility. We could, for example, trade pick 42 to St Kilda, which would then also go in matching bids and pick 47 would end up in exactly the same position as the pick 42 was.

I bet all these leaks are a plant so in 5 years time, if he doesn't meet expectations, damo has some more rubbish to take shots at the club for saying we should've taken the deals in his sliding doors thing (which would actually be a sliding doors moment as opposed to his usual dribble)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet all these leaks are a plant so in 5 years time, if he doesn't meet expectations, damo has some more rubbish to take shots at the club for saying we should've taken the deals in his sliding doors thing (which would actually be a sliding doors moment as opposed to his usual dribble)
That by far would be his smartest decision
That’s why I cannot believe he would do it, it’s far too smart for him

Well I think he is absolutely right in terms of what the picks will be after the Daicos & Darcy bids. But unfortunately that's not the end of the story as there's likely to be at least another 3, possibly 5, players bid before it gets to our two picks.

I think the one positive is that all the picks between 42 & 47 will likely go to matching bids, so they will become consecutive picks and that might give us some more flexibility. We could, for example, trade pick 42 to St Kilda, which would then also go in matching bids and pick 47 would end up in exactly the same position as the pick 42 was.

I prefer to think we wont have them long - see how it plays

Can you imagine the pile on if we did trade the rights to him? First time he turns it on next year it’d be a blood bath led by Barrett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back