25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Owen for real? Why would we want Lipinski? Genuine question.

Maybe to restore our ‘inski’ quota following the unfortunate passing of Michael earlier this year

Is Owen for real? Why would we want Lipinski? Genuine question.
Owen and Windbager could well be superstars but they are 18yr olds and as we have seen from Hunter Clark , Coffield , Bytel etc it takes a couple years to get to there best .
Lipinski could fill a void straight away and if we lose Roos and Dunstan it just gives us another body who could have upside.
Who knows he could be another Steele or could be a Freeman.
Long way to go in the trade period but there will be more players than just him being looked at.

Billings must be a bit deflated , thinking who could get a Zac Williams type deal and ending with a reduced salary and most probably having to stay at the Sainters or could Geelong or Richmond pounce - Saints offered a 4yr deal and he still has not signed , he would be better to sign a one year deal and produce his best season then try again.

Losing newnes for nothing isn’t the right way to look at it.
We got rid of him and that in itself is a positive.
Dunstan just like newnes has the same issue. As long as he is on the list, the temptation will be there to play him with the justification of “it’s a must win game and he’s a senior body”.
Every game is a must win. As long as players like newnes and Dunstan stay on the list, we stifle the development of better young players. Even when they are depth.

I feel that way about Ross. It's why i want him gone. I said in another thread the problem with him being on the list is we keep playing him.

I'm ok with Geary getting another season if he's seen as a depth player. If he's seen as a walk up start it's a ridiculous decision.

Agree on Newnes completely.

I do find it strange that we have openly said we're not offering Spook a contract. Like him or not he is 2nd in our coaches votes this year off half the games and 1 of only 5 Saints in the top 100 players.

At the very least you'd think you would offer him a low ball contract and be honest with him similar like last year that he is behind a few. Then its his decision.

At the least he is a very handy depth player with great leadership and is a true mid so great for development of young players as long as he isn't teaching them to kick.
Again , I say the club has not said anything. It's not on their website only the 3 so far has been mentioned. It's more likely that Dunstan or his manager has said it.

Lipinski has a Jack Higgins vibe to me. A good side, an area they're strong in (midfield, part time forward), hasn't been given a great run at it.

Watching some of his highlights he has composure and gets to good spots. Happy to take a punt on him for decent value.

He's stuck behind a pretty deep midfield too. I'd like him

An amusing snippet from the main Draft board after a Hawthorn fan said Battle might be useful to play a Gunston type roll ...
Re Battle..
"His family is a bunch of Hawthorn fanatics.
His old man is a clone of Derm, with the bleached blonde hair, pearly white teeth with a nickname Toss.
Absolute ripper fella."
I swear Battle was a saints man growing up?

check out those 2 end of first rounders the lions have.

give me Melbourne’s
I agree. Brisbane have 6 picks in the draft, and a team that is in the premiership window. They don't need to invest in the draft that heavily, but a key position swingman with 4yrs experience might be to them what Brucey was to the Dogs. Get it done Gags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Brisbane have 6 picks in the draft, and a team that is in the premiership window. They don't need to invest in the draft that heavily, but a key position swingman with 4yrs experience might be to them what Brucey was to the Dogs. Get it done Gags.
Sounds like a good idea key position swingman with 4 years experience, they dont grow on trees
Hope we get one of them

Last edited:
Lipinski is an upgrade on Kent, would take him at a cheap trade.

Him, Higgins and Gresham on a FWD-MID-REST 5 minute rotation

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
different positions, kent gets a hard wrap but he's pretty handy as a transition player. lipinski is a midfielder, are we really gonna do the same old of playing midfielders in the forwardline?

Should hear news on Brander shortly.
Hopper , Riccardi , Narkle , Constable and Lipinski will all announce there intentions when they are out of finals.
Hopper would be wanting a Zac Williams offer - only if Carlton waited another year they would of got a All Australian mid instead of a halfback flanker.

Jeez, if Hopper wants out he has to be our main target surely. What a tandem with Steele he would be!

Battle probably worth pick 30 imo... And Id keep him because of it.

His best season was 2019 and he wasn't even top 10 in the BNF.

He's got potential but that's it
He is 23

battle is worth whatever another team needs and is willing to trade for him. For golcoast it’s might be pick 8 for tigers it may be pick 30.

Lipinski has a Jack Higgins vibe to me. A good side, an area they're strong in (midfield, part time forward), hasn't been given a great run at it.

Watching some of his highlights he has composure and gets to good spots. Happy to take a punt on him for decent value.
The big thing for me is that he can use the footy. Great disposal. Something we need more of.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty irrelevant.

Not convinced by this. As i'd already mentioned, he's won a premiership so he doesn't need glory. He's made it clear to the Swans the length and value of contract he's seeking. He's looking for money.
We can afford 700k for four years so we have the money
Mates with Jones and Hanners isn’t irrelevant at all

Max stay at home full forward. Ben and Sharman leading on either side. I personally think the real question is Membrey (if Sharman continues form). He’s shown he can play other positions well. How old will he be by the time we possible bring in Bing?

I think Skunk is suited on a wing and resting forward. Much like a Roo or a late career Richo. Uses it well and exceptional overhead.
He's had a massive tank since his junior days at Gippy Power.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I wouldn't mind this, except his decision making needs to be a lot quicker.

Will Minson?

fu** YOU WILL!!

I still remember when a Journalist asked Bevo how Will Minson would go that week, not realising that he had just retired, Honestly reckon some of us on here could do a better job half the time. Actually, if that was the case, we would both be linked to everyone and nobody in free agency, would be trading out all our players, and simultaneously not trading out any at all. and the coach would be hailed as the savour after one week, yet must never coach again after a loss the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back