• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see Keeler not make that 25 list. I wonder where he sits at the moment.
Twomey talks to and gets snippets from quite a few clubs, particularly the Melbourne clubs and they all know which clubs are talking to which players, that why Twomey's articles and Phantom Drafts are so accurate.

If Keller is not on Twomey's list of 25 then it means he will slip past 20, 30 or even further past 40 :) Max appearing where he does means multiple clubs are looking, probably before our second pick, bugger.

Our problem is lack of picks, we need to have plans to move 2023 picks into this draft if we are not using them to facilitate trades. Players not getting games in the 16th side are unlike to return any pick that is of use.

Very interesting ! I think his last 2 champs games cost him a spot

Started brightly against metro then disappeared in poor conditions but then only had 3 possessions against WA

I reckon a club takes a punt on him late teens but fingers crossed he gets past pick 40 ( longshot)
Could a Crouch trade pick ....plus, and / or exchange of 2023 picks, put us in a position to get Keeler ?

Twomey talks to and gets snippets from quite a few clubs, particularly the Melbourne clubs and they all know which clubs are talking to which players, that why Twomey's articles and Phantom Drafts are so accurate.

If Keller is not on Twomey's list of 25 then it means he will slip past 20, 30 or even further past 40 :) Max appearing where he does means multiple clubs are looking, probably before our second pick, bugger.

Our problem is lack of picks, we need to have plans to move 2023 picks into this draft if we are not using them to facilitate trades. Players not getting games in the 16th side are unlike to return any pick that is of use.
We potentially have to load up on picks to match a father son as well as a nga. Unless we are 100% sure keeler will be gone before 41 we need to have a list spot & enough points for both. Will get real complicated if we manage to get a 2nd pick before max.

We potentially have to load up on picks to match a father son as well as a nga. Unless we are 100% sure keeler will be gone before 41 we need to have a list spot & enough points for both. Will get real complicated if we manage to get a 2nd pick before max.
We could always take a very uncomplicated take on the draft

Pick 3 or 4 - Phillipou (assuming he is there at that pick) as the big bodied elite projecting mid we crave
Pick 22 - Keeler (if he has slipped down the rankings but we like what his upside could be)
later picks to match Michalanney bid (generated through crouch trade / sholl trade etc)

There is your top end mid, athletic tall with a possible high ceiling and a quality football first defender. A nice draft imo

I think crouch is an offload rather than anything that gives us capital

I’d more think crouch for 4th rounder gives us points as part of set up for Michaelanney
Twomey ranking Michaelanney at #23 in his Top 25 :whitecheck:

Lemmey and Skully ....Top 10 picks a few months ago ....sinking quickly, although Skully looks the better prospect as a 2nd round "project"

We could always take a very uncomplicated take on the draft

Pick 3 or 4 - Phillipou (assuming he is there at that pick) as the big bodied elite projecting mid we crave
Pick 22 - Keeler (if he has slipped down the rankings but we like what his upside could be)
later picks to match Michalanney bid (generated through crouch trade / sholl trade etc)

There is your top end mid, athletic tall with a possible high ceiling and a quality football first defender. A nice draft imo
That’s a decent option

I’d also funnily enough be looking at a small to play forward with 2nd pick ( as Rowe I think gets delisted and pressure on Murphy / McHenry to survive much longer )

The small needs to have offensive flair and a point of difference eg elite speed as we need pressure and offence/ goals from our smalls

Jones WA and Charlie Clarke come to mind

Scully after pick 30 does look ok , prefer Keeler though
Same here .....Lemmey might end up a Rookie .....looked undraftable in the Championships

Surely we can orchestrate a Draft pick to get Keeler .....this is where aggressive trading is required .....not our strongpoint

That’s a decent option

I’d also funnily enough be looking at a small to play forward with 2nd pick ( as Rowe I think gets delisted and pressure on Murphy / McHenry to survive much longer )

The small needs to have offensive flair and a point of difference eg elite speed as we need pressure and offence/ goals from our smalls

Sounds a bit like Newchurch ;)

That’s a decent option

I wonder if there is any truth to the Rankine rumor - that would certainly deal with the small forward conundrum. However what would it cost to do a deal - I would be looking at 2023 picks as we need to use current picks this year to bring in more talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here .....Lemmey might end up a Rookie .....looked undraftable in the Championships

Surely we can orchestrate a Draft pick to get Keeler .....this is where aggressive trading is required .....not our strongpoint
We’ve been pretty good at trading on draft night itself you’d have to admit

Damn, Ginbey at 10. Would barely have him top 40 myself

That said, I’ve got Keeler as close to top 10 and he’s nowhere to be seen here, so it’s the whole ‘opinions are like a-holes’ thing
Clubs love Ginbey’s competitiveness and ball getting , disposal is untidy

Good to see Gilbey in it - I’d take him with our 2nd rounder as a good option with some others

I reckon Keeler was in prior to his last 2 games

And would be an awesome pick, I see him classed as an inside mid a lot but for mine he's a balanced mid that definitely has an outside game as well and I doubt there's too many mids that can burst from midfield congestion and spot up leading forwards like he can. A dead set natural footballer and as hard at the contest as any mid in this draft.
That description of Jhye Clark has Hamish draft prospect written all over him, except he’s rated inside the top 5 that is.

And would be an awesome pick, I see him classed as an inside mid a lot but for mine he's a balanced mid that definitely has an outside game as well and I doubt there's too many mids that can burst from midfield congestion and spot up leading forwards like he can. A dead set natural footballer and as hard at the contest as any mid in this draft.
We have all been spitballing what we would 'prefer', but since you watch these lads more than most, if we hold our picks say 3 and 22, who is your preferred combination and would you be working the oracle to get some later picks for Max Michalanney

Nah, he's guessing this far out, his best mail usually comes after the National Draft Combine where all the Head Recruiters and players are there under the one roof and he can gauge on what players are getting interviewed the most and by whom and of course talking to the recruiters and players.

My money would still be on Keeler being selected before Michalanney, talls with Keeler's obvious athleticism, leap and excellent hands below his knees are generally at a premium.

Last edited:
We have all been spitballing what we would 'prefer', but since you watch these lads more than most, if we hold our picks say 3 and 22, who is your preferred combination and would you be working the oracle to get some later picks for Max Michalanney
My money would be on us taking Phillipou with our 1st given his late December birthday and projecting his potential upside....and the no go home factor. That's of course if he's still on the table.

I think our 2nd pick could revolve around what we do with our out of contract talls in the lead up to the Draft whether we go tall or small.

If it's a tall KPF Isaac Keeler or KPD Lewis Hayes possibly. Again if still on the table.
If it's smalls Charlie Clarke or Noah Long in that order, both clever smallish forwards that are very capable of squirts in the midfield.

My money would be on us taking Phillipou with our 1st given his late December birthday and projecting his potential upside....and the no go home factor. That's of course if he's still on the table.

I think our 2nd pick could revolve around what we do with our out of contract talls in the lead up to the Draft whether we go tall or small.

If it's a tall KPF Isaac Keeler or KPD Lewis Hayes possibly. Again if still on the table.
If it's smalls Charlie Clarke or Noah Long in that order, both clever smallish forwards that are very capable of squirts in the midfield.
What about Jones from WA ? He’s quite electric and highly skilled . We could do with that

Like all your options - Phillipou or Tsatas for our 1st pick

Hayes is a beauty ! Didn’t make the 25 either !

What about Jones from WA ? He’s quite electric and highly skilled . We could do with that

Like all your options - Phillipou or Tsatas for our 1st pick

Hayes is a beauty ! Didn’t make the 25 either !
Neither did Kobe Ryan who I rate higher than most seem to, love his hardness and inside/outside ability and the run he offers. Had a pretty good Nationals and should have got more midfield minutes IMO.

With us being poor and GC on the improve, I’d try and see if we could trade our 1st next year for their first and 1 or 2 of there second rounders for this year. They have so many pick that they won’t use, plus GC are a yo-yo team at the moment. Next years pick might only be a 4 pick down grade but it might temp them

If we pass on phillipou I'd be annoyed

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back