List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right now i'd take Jackson.

So much depends on what we see from Amiss, Meek and Treacy this year though.
They are floating the idea of 7 mil 7 year contract which is laughable. I'm glad we have learned from our mistakes because the freo of old would have offered that. I would be willing to do a 7 year deal starting at 550,000 and adding 50k each year so in his 7th year he would be 27 and making 900,000.

Who would you choose between Macca and Jackson? I'm torn.

Jackson could be anything, but I think everyone takes the potential gun key forward over the potential gun ruck/mid/key forward especially when we already have a top three ruck in the competition in the side.

I think we can get McDonald with picks we already have. I think if we get Jackson we need to lose Lobb and Meek to fit him in the salary cap, the squad and the structure.

We also need to be picking up an NGA talent ruck/forward with a pick after #40 this draft because we don't have cover after that.

Would you give this years and next years first for McDonald. I prob would..

2 x pick 18’s right?

More realistically- pick 9-11 this year and 12-14 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you give this years and next years first for McDonald. I prob would..

2 x pick 18’s right?

More realistically- pick 9-11 this year and 12-14 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly it may be a bit too early for him yet because he would be replacing Tabs as our number one KPF. Treacy and Amiss are our second and third talls.

Would happily trade our first this year and more for Mcdonald. Amiss, Treacy and Mcdonald make for a good young up and coming key forwards :).

Sturt Treacy Freddy
Amiss Mcdonald Schultz/Switta

Would happily trade our first this year and more for Mcdonald. Amiss, Treacy and Mcdonald make for a good young up and coming key forwards :).

Sturt Treacy Freddy
Amiss Mcdonald Schultz/Switta
By the time those three kpfs are cemented in the b22, I'm sure freddy will be on a wing.

You’d wonder what are Sydney playing at offering him a 4 year deal. It’s quite rare for a second year player.
Maybe they think he’s likely to request a trade home to WA soon and want to ensure he’s contracted so they avoid a situation like we had with Cerra last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main thing I come back to with McDonald is that I cant for life of me figure out why North went Phillips ahead of him. Perfect partner for Larkey, they had plenty of mids already, knew the draft the following year had no KPFs at the top end. I feel like there had to be some decent go-home factor there not to pick him

The main thing I come back to with McDonald is that I cant for life of me figure out why North went Phillips ahead of him. Perfect partner for Larkey, they had plenty of mids already, knew the draft the following year had no KPFs at the top end. I feel like there had to be some decent go-home factor there not to pick him
Reckon there is massive go home factor! He is exactly what we need. That almost 200cm Key Forward. We have Treacy and Amiss who are smaller. He is the contested marking beast we need

This was one of my thoughts at the time of the draft. Logan was such a dominant young KPF and an area of need for them. The swans may have backed themselves in to keep him despite the concern.

He would be a huge get and unless he has a massive season he should be a first round and a second or future second.

Jackson is unique and an incredible athlete. He plays second ruck well and moves like a midfielder. Like an actual midfielder, not like a tall who moves kind of well. He is ridiculous, but with Darcy on our list Logan is probably a bigger need.

Would be ecstatic with him or Jackson tbh
I would almost rather Mcdonald because he would come cheaper. Jackson would take next years first as well. I think we surely have learnt about breaking the bank for players. Logan right now would cost us a First and Future second I would say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back