List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im talking as in player types hehe
Yeah, still not quite following, do you mean which player types do we need to go further?

To go to the next step we need all of Treacy, Sturt, Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Chapman and Freddy (to a certain extent) to live up to the hype.

We probably need to replace Lobb which is where Jackson comes in and a genuine number 1 tall like McDonald would be nice

I’d pay $7m for 7 years for MacDonald and two first rounders. Those who state anything below are dreaming he would leave as easily get that cash from Sydney post buddy.

Essentially the core of our team till 2030 is :
Logue, Chapman, Cox, young,
Darcy, Serong , Brayshaw, Erasmus,Henry, Johnson,Freddy
Amiss, Sturt , Treacy and MacDonald.

Throw in Clark, Brodie, Walker, Western, Benning and Meek that’s a starting 18. (Not including Mundy)

I’d pay $7m for 7 years for MacDonald and two first rounders. Those who state anything below are dreaming he would leave as easily get that cash from Sydney post buddy.

Essentially the core of our team till 2030 is :
Logue, Chapman, Cox, young,
Darcy, Serong , Brayshaw, Erasmus,Henry, Johnson,Freddy
Amiss, Sturt , Treacy and MacDonald.

Throw in Clark, Brodie, Walker, Western, Benning and Meek that’s a starting 18. (Not including Mundy)
There is no way we should give McDonald 7 over 7, the dude hasn’t done anything yet. That could cripple us. He would literally have to be prime Franklin the next 7 years to actually be worth that contract.

While im sure he’d leave Swans for that, if you can’t get him on a deal that at least makes sense in some way, you don’t bother.

Didn’t Dave Nobel say something about Without quality mids, no point having good forwards. That’s in regards to the Phillips pick over McDonald. Or something like that…

Also not “IF” But iwhen Lobb leaves next year and we score this Logan. Who plays back up ruck ?

That is a premiership forwardline.
I used to think the same about

Walters Lobb Bennell
McCarthy Hogan Switta

Since then I never really know what to hope for. McDonald is a lead up forward which is very similar to Amiss/Treacy. I’d love for us to do something completely unexpected like poach Rankine from Suns or something like that lol

I look at it as a fairly simple proposition for Mcdonald- offer more than the Sydney deal per annum but on a shorter, 3 year deal.
Whether we remove Lobb or not we should have the cap space to do so.
Gives him incentive to move home, financial reward and the ability for he and his manager to negotiate a higher rate of pay right when he (should) be hitting his prime.
A deal like this wouldn’t unsettle the playing group (like a $7 mill for 7 would) and the list management remains manageable.
Now we just need a mole at SFC to give us the starting point...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t Dave Nobel say something about Without quality mids, no point having good forwards. That’s in regards to the Phillips pick over McDonald. Or something like that…

Also not “IF” But iwhen Lobb leaves next year and we score this Logan. Who plays back up ruck ?
Yeah but they already had a young core midfield of Simpkin, LDU and Thomas and must have thought they were some chance of getting a mid at their 2nd first (which they did). You also just don’t get in the position to use a top pick on highly rated KPF talent often. It was bizarre

There is no way we should give McDonald 7 over 7, the dude hasn’t done anything yet. That could cripple us. He would literally have to be prime Franklin the next 7 years to actually be worth that contract.

While im sure he’d leave Swans for that, if you can’t get him on a deal that at least makes sense in some way, you don’t bother.
Fair enough, my opinion is Sydney are looking to do exactly that and is 100% the buddy replacement. top 5 pick quality WA key forwards don’t grow on trees. We have a TPP I assume we have underspent last few years, if we have the cap space financially don’t think it would be an issue and “cripple us”. Time will tell I guess. Let’s compare notes in 2030.

Fair enough, my opinion is Sydney are looking to do exactly that and is 100% the buddy replacement. top 5 pick quality WA key forwards don’t grow on trees. We have a TPP I assume we have underspent last few years, if we have the cap space financially don’t think it would be an issue and “cripple us”. Time will tell I guess. Let’s compare notes in 2030.
Brah, there is absolutely no way they give him 7m over 7 years this year. He can replace Buddy’s position but that doesnt mean he’s worth that contract. He’d probably have to kick 60 goals this year to be close to worth that

Sometimes a player needs the incentive of earning good money to perform at their best. Without knowing McDonald personally, would you get the best player possible once he has that security?
Theres a few cases of this, but Brad Hill at the Saints certainly springs to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, still not quite following, do you mean which player types do we need to go further?

To go to the next step we need all of Treacy, Sturt, Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Chapman and Freddy (to a certain extent) to live up to the hype.

We probably need to replace Lobb which is where Jackson comes in and a genuine number 1 tall like McDonald would be nice
So I mean like Wingers, backliners, Key Forwards etc. Personally I reckon we are almost there.

Maybe a High end Key Forward and Pressure forward are what we are missing. Thats what i reckon anyway. Players like Mcdonald and Kozy are players i would like.

Sometimes a player needs the incentive of earning good money to perform at their best. Without knowing McDonald personally, would you get the best player possible once he has that security?
Theres a few cases of this, but Brad Hill at the Saints certainly springs to mind.

Tim Kelly, Jeremy McGovern spring to mind.

So I mean like Wingers, backliners, Key Forwards etc. Personally I reckon we are almost there.

Maybe a High end Key Forward and Pressure forward are what we are missing. Thats what i reckon anyway. Players like Mcdonald and Kozy are players i would like.
My ideal scenario for our 2021 draft would have been ending up with Amiss, Rachele and Johnson (absolutely nothing against Erasmus, I just think we have a few very handy young players in his mold and Johnson's position is a little less well covered). I think that Rachele type would go a long, long way to keeping us in the conversation for a decent amount of time.

There's a half-decent chance that Switta covers 80% of what we would get from a 1st round small forward though so we may be right.

They are competing with a minimum three year deal to move.
Biggest issue I see is the ‘trading’ love affair that the Eagles and Swans have.
They seem to have a synergy and understanding where I have raised my eyebrows in the past….
I am probably wrong but there seems to be something there.
Wet Toast imo are in the box seat:
  • bottom out this year - pick 4-10. picks to deal, cap space that is freed up. Sydney have academy players again, will top up anther free pick or two with a atrade transaction.
  • anti-vaxer bobble head forward to be de-registered
  • Kennedys last year
  • NicNat on the pay slude and arguably performance wane.

If the Eagles bottom out or close to, they will trade their arse out again because they will have the capital.

They also have a financial imperative to be successful to keep the crowd and memberships paying that multiple millions more than Freo pay the WAFL
They need an off field clean out, sat in their hands since 2018.
Only thing they lead in is membership, money making.

The club is an actual dumpster fire at the moment - far worse than we were when Kelly flat-chat rejected us. No idea if McDonald's manager has connections to either club but I would expect that we're in the box seat in terms of where the player would want to go. Unless Logan and his family are died in the wool eagles supporters, in which case we're ****ed.

The club is an actual dumpster fire at the moment - far worse than we were when Kelly flat-chat rejected us. No idea if McDonald's manager has connections to either club but I would expect that we're in the box seat in terms of where the player would want to go. Unless Logan and his family are died in the wool eagles supporters, in which case we're f’ed.
His dad is a Pies supporter, the rest are Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back