Preview 2022 Rd 6 Carlton vs Fremantle - Saturday 23rd April 7.40PM @ Optus Stadium - Team Post #774

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.
Kennedy was great in the weekend. Some serious contested clearance work And quick hands. Don't see what the problem is. If the base line is for every midfielder to have 30 touches a game or they get dropped then we will have a few issues over the course of the season.

I think it comes down to people wanting 3-4 players dropped every game. Its always amazing how good players not in the 22 are better than about half of the side that played on the weekend.

Add to that the bias people have for certain players (both good and bad bias), they want those players in/out of the side regardless of form

Out of interest, where do you think he played?
It's hard to address any of your other points when you start with that.
I re-watched the game yesterday. He was definitely wing, but was rotating on ball when Cottrell and Newnes were taking up the roles. At the ground I kept seeing him Centre of the field side of the contest and hence why I thought he rarely played wing, but he did.

Even though, the rest of the point is still valid.

I wouldn't be against him staying in the team, but definitely not at the expense of Kennedy.

Honestly think the best we've played in 2022 so far was against Melbourne in the preseason as far as four quarters go and the quality we were against.
how hard do ya think dees were going?

Funnily enough - Melbourne and Sydney with 2 of the shortest injury lists - Brisbane have a whopping 2 players out!!

Having a good / sh!t season is so closely tied to how lucky you get with injuries.
While this is true, the first rule about the injury list, is that we don't talk about the injury list!

Have heard Cripps is flying over (to see family) but won’t play this weekend. Will be reported tomorrow.

Didn’t play for freo last game but Connor blakely is in HSP (joining the two cpaches). Plus Chapman, Frederick, young and Ryan all not training this morning. Plus they’ve separated their reserves (WAFL Covid cases) with their afl team due to minimising risk. They’ve further separated into two groups just in case they lose a large chunk.

They’re obviously worried what’s hit WC may still hit them soonish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it comes down to people wanting 3-4 players dropped every game. Its always amazing how good players not in the 22 are better than about half of the side that played on the weekend.

Add to that the bias people have for certain players (both good and bad bias), they want those players in/out of the side regardless of form
Yeah, Cripps should earn his way back into the team through the 2s

Hey Guys. I doubt any of you would remember, but a couple of seasons ago, I began putting together something called "The Form Ladder" (this was before things turned to complete crap and I couldnt be bothered doing it anymore). Now that the Blues are actually looking okay again, I thought I'd have another crack at it.

For those unfamiliar with this concept, the Form Ladder works off the regular ladder and takes into account the strength of the schedule each team has played so far.

Wins against the higher teams get rewarded the most, while losses against the lower teams get punished. For example, a win against first-placed Melbourne is awarded 18 points, while a win against bottom-placed Port Adelaide is only awarded 1 point. On the flip side, a loss against Melbourne costs -1 points, while a loss against Port Adelaide costs -18 points. A draw is worth 0 points for both sides.

Through five rounds of the AFL season, here is what the top eight "The Form Ladder" looks like:

1: St Kilda (34 Points)
2. Melbourne (26 Points)
3. Geelong (17 Points)
4. Carlton (17 Points)
5. Fremantle (14 Points)
6. Sydney (12 Points)
7. Brisbane (10 Points)
8. Hawthorn (5 Points)

Hopefully that gives some of y'all some positivity heading into this weekends clash against the Dockers!

On SM-G975U using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting concept. Sorry if I haven't read far enough yet and this has already been asked and answered, but does it go by where each team is sitting at the start of each round (or end of), or does it reset and get recalculated each round based on the current ladder? If that makes sense?

Hey Guys. I doubt any of you would remember, but a couple of seasons ago, I began putting together something called "The Form Ladder" (this was before things turned to complete crap and I couldnt be bothered doing it anymore). Now that the Blues are actually looking okay again, I thought I'd have another crack at it.

For those unfamiliar with this concept, the Form Ladder works off the regular ladder and takes into account the strength of the schedule each team has played so far.

Wins against the higher teams get rewarded the most, while losses against the lower teams get punished. For example, a win against first-placed Melbourne is awarded 18 points, while a win against bottom-placed Port Adelaide is only awarded 1 point. On the flip side, a loss against Melbourne costs -1 points, while a loss against Port Adelaide costs -18 points. A draw is worth 0 points for both sides.

Through five rounds of the AFL season, here is what the top eight "The Form Ladder" looks like:

1: St Kilda (34 Points)
2. Melbourne (26 Points)
3. Geelong (17 Points)
4. Carlton (17 Points)
5. Fremantle (14 Points)
6. Sydney (12 Points)
7. Brisbane (10 Points)
8. Hawthorn (5 Points)

Hopefully that gives some of y'all some positivity heading into this weekends clash against the Dockers!

On SM-G975U using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great concept, would love a weekly update, perhaps it could be added to The Stats thread

That’s a relief actually.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dont see why our best player missing would be a relief. Would be better if he was right to play.

That said, it wouldnt surprise if the info is right. Despite saying he should likely be right for this week the body language and tone of Voss / Cripps/ Hansen in saying so has been super uninspiring.

harry gets plenty

Absolute horse droppings. Harry spent the entire second half against Hawthorn in a Sam Frost sleeper hold and didn't get a single free kick. Similar story last week. Once we get on top in the first half the opposition coaches give their key defenders the instruction to keep McKay out of the contest... and the umps let them do it. It is infuriating.

Whatever "dodgey" frees he might get it's about 1% of what he should be getting.

So much for the hype. :rolleyes: Who have Freo beaten ...

They have beaten Adelaide (by 1pt), GWS, * & the Eagles (WAFL/Southport under 18's) currently sitting 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th on the ladder.
If you don't like discussion of betting odds, please look away now...

Carlton is 5th shortest odds to make the 8 and top 4 this year. Despite being 6th on the ladder with crappy % and a few close calls.

We are shorter odds than STK and Freo, whom are both higher than us on the ladder, suggesting our start to the year is 'more convincing' than either of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back