Preview 2022 Rd 6 Carlton vs Fremantle - Saturday 23rd April 7.40PM @ Optus Stadium - Team Post #774

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

might be thanking the bombers here. They really let them off the hook in so many areas. We're going to bring a lot more pressure around the stoppages and general play so it might be a good little shake up. Bombers tackling pressure was limp lettuce stuff amongst other things.
I hope Vossy makes a note of this. Get the tackle count up on em.

Can see a bit of a buck in the blues recent trend in flying out of the blocks. Perhaps Freo jumping us and we'll be scratching to get back into the game.

Hopefully defence can stack up. Weeto looked a bit off against Port. Made a few kooky errors near the end. A bit uncharacteristic for him. Perhaps he has a niggle or 5 rounds of tight fast footy has caught up a fraction.

Like a to see us 20-25 points up 5-7 mins to go and roll home without the stress we've been dealing with.

Patchy form isn't gonna cut it though. We'll get rolled GC style.

Geez. Win this one? Things are looking noice.
Baggers by 22 pts.

Intensity.
exactly my feeling as well. when there is a cntested ball he doesnt seem to want that ball as much as the oppo. he seems happy to let them take possesion and he then lays a tackle. id rather see him attack the ball, try and gain first possesion and then try to break free from the cngestion or get a quick hand ball or kick out. basically more of what cripps, kennedy, cerra and hewett do.

exactly my feeling as well. when there is a cntested ball he doesnt seem to want that ball as much as the oppo. he seems happy to let them take possesion and he then lays a tackle. id rather see him attack the ball, try and gain first possesion and then try to break free from the cngestion or get a quick hand ball or kick out. basically more of what cripps, kennedy, cerra and hewett do.

Laid a phenomenal tackle on the weekend - came from a distance at speed and hit the body hard. Was flabbergasted.

More of that please, Setters.

Any insinuation of festivity should be deplored. Even this post is borderline…
I was about to react with a laugh emoji but quickly deleted it...........

Media all over freo hype the way they were the week we played GC... let the hype continue throughout the week!

So much for the hype. :rolleyes:

Who have they beaten ...

They have beaten Adelaide (by 1pt), GWS, * & the Eagles (WAFL/Southport under 18's) currently sitting 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping to see Jack Carroll at some point. Setters filling his spot at the moment. One thing is for sure it will take 3+ weeks of exceptional form in the 2s to get a look in the AFL team - Carroll unlucky to get caught in that covid iso week. That is the challenge for all of the guys in the 2s. They will have seen Newnes, Cotterell, etc. play well enough for long enough to finally push their way into the team.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Hamill said at least another 2 weeks for OMac and McLovin. That’s not including going back through the VFL (if they decide to do that). Maybe both back after the Adelaide game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Setters does some good things but not enough..he is like a poor man's Houla without the sublime skills lol
I think that he's going better than most here think. Its just that his mistakes are glaring. That holding the ball on Saturday was glaring. Overshadows a lot of the good. In reality it was just a free against, one of many. Felt like more though.

I think that he's going better than most here think. Its just that his mistakes are glaring. That holding the ball on Saturday was glaring. Overshadows a lot of the good. In reality it was just a free against, one of many. Felt like more though.
this is where I get lost..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back