Preview 2022 Round 8 Carlton vs Adelaide Sunday 8th May 4:40PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Update - Post #689

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da. Da. Ra. Ta. Rah! Weeeeeee are the Navy Blues...
Getting the vocals ready for a big win.
Happy for Williams to take Stocker's spot.
Not sure if Dow makes it in?.
Our team is getting a more settled & solid look about it.
The instinctual chemistry & synergy should be more galvanized by the week.
Happy Mother's day Blue boys. :D:cool::p
I’ve never sung it like that ever :)

Owies could possibly do with a rest, he's done well this season but form has dropped off. IMO Motlop will do well at AFL level, as long as his pressure game is good and reading the coach's report it was.

Dow is a trickier one. He's an onballer. It looks like we will be playing 3 wingers and 4 onballers this week and probably rotate the three wingmen between forward and bench and play some of the forwards like Fisher and Durdin a bit more on the ball. I like that. It supports the young guy in Carroll who probably can't run the wing all day yet but gives him some time there. IMO Carroll will be eased on to the wing where he will become permanent and really good winger for us.

Next week we will probably see a winger go out for Hewett to come back in and we will be back to playing the 5 onballers and 2 wingmen with forwards having stints on the wing but not on the ball.

Dow is the hardest player to get into the side at the moment, if it wasn't for us easing Carroll into the team then it's doable this week with Hewett out. I feel Dow will be unlucky again but will likely get named as the Sub which means he could see game time.
If Harry misses this week, I wouldn't mind seeing Kennedy go to CHF with Charlie in the square and JSOS beating up the rest of their defence. Then we could bring in Motlop and Dow, rest Owies and sit Harry in the stands for the week.

Although, Owies has built up a fantastic forward pressure partnership with Durdin... to the point that when the ball moves up to the other end, they go hunting opposition mids and forwards. Geez they hit some tackles last weekend.

We have the defence to curtail their forward line, but they don't have the same ability at the other end, save for some pace running it out.

In the midfield, it's somewhat even, with Cripps being the point of difference that the Crows may focus on. Dow would make things a lot easier to exploit if the MC are feeling inclined.

I think we win easily, but I would have liked to seen more changes. We've got an entire year's worth of physical maturity and football experience over them, so I hope we show it out there and thrash them.

I think some on here need to temper their expectations. We will hopefully win but remember we played North Melbourne last week who are genuinely putrid.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you. Consider my anticipation of a 200 point victory to be fully tempered. I'm now only expecting a 180 point margin. 😄

Why play him if he’s still labouring?

Back in my day we would walk through 40 miles of snow to get to school, 40 miles back home again, and if we were lucky our dad would let us play football with a tin can in the backyard. I say, let's just get all the boys back on the park and do battle with these Croweaters. 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather lose late Sunday than on Friday night and ruin my whole weekend....
i usually just go numb to footy until the thursday

if we lose on friday im grumpy all weekend
Ok Ill accept that.

For me its about going to work after a loss. It ****s up the start of my week.

I'm not sensing the same buzz in this forum in the lead up to the game.
Is it because it's the crows or the awkward Game time?.
All games are important. But, this would be a great win to get under our belt, in the lead up to GWS.
We win the next 2, I reckon we're playing finals. Go Baggers..

I'm not sensing the same buzz in this forum in the lead up to the game.
Is it because it's the crows or the awkward Game time?.
All games are important. But, this would be a great win to get under our belt, in the lead up to GWS.
We win the next 2, I reckon we're playing finals. Go Baggers..
Nicks out and stand in coaches don't lose.

The fox footy 'expert' tipping has us 16-0, for the 3rd time this season. We've won the past 2 (Port & North).

We've been tipped 87of a possible 128 times so far this season, if that's of any interest. Also average 10 tips in losses and 10.2 in wins.

Not that any of that actually matters.

I'm liking Carroll named on a wing. Can see us rotating Carroll, Newnes and O'Brien between forward/bench and the wing. This probably means Cottrell misses out.

The 7th defender is out of Newman and Boyd, Boyd after a solid VFL game is still probably not pushing Newman out.

Jack Silvagni is a no brainer to be in the team.

Kennedy or Dow? I have no doubt that the much quicker Dow will have been discussed with his form to come into the side but I don't think we will drop Kennedy to do it. Would they both be picked? That would mean one or both of them would be spending some time forward. Possibly.

Motlop and Owies. This is one where I can see Motlop possibly replacing Owies. The VFL coach has been pleased with how Motlop has been playing and Owies has been a little down on form lately. This one could go either way IMO but I am tipping Owies to make the team.

Newman Silvagni Kennedy Owies my predicted bench.

Crows are probably a similar side to us. Inconsistent, had a few close games, been put away a couple of times. They can be really good or a bit poor. I'd like to think we are a little better but who is to know until we prove it.

Walker is their main performance indicator, when they win he kicks goals and he's in good form. I'd like to think Weitering is a good matchup for him and cancels him out, this is a key matchup and where we win the game IMO.

Laird and Keys are their main ball winners. Not real worried about them but it's always good to have Hewett to go head to head with these sort of guys and win that battle.

I don't think they are a team that has the 4 quarter consistency, depth and genuine quality to beat us. Marvel Stadium, this is a danger game but I'm expecting that we win this one. 25-30 points, comfortable.

Agree with most of this, but would be shocked if Owies was dropped after 8 tackles (6 inside 50) and 2 goals.

Reckon you could make a case to drop Durdin for a fortnight though, to afford Motlop a run. Love his endeavour, but in the last 3 games he's kicked 1 goal and is only averaging 3 tackles. Both he and Motlop are long term players for us, so there's shouldn't be any issue with alternating them a bit this year.

Would rather pair each with the more mature Owies, who I think is actually developing into something of a leader in that forward line, than play both the youngsters together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back